Self help books

Hi Veeky Forums

can someone provide me self help books that helped change their lives around? the issue with me primarily surrounds my lack of emotional inhibition. i have low emotional iq in the way that i find it difficult to regulate my emotions and get things done if i'm ever slightly stressed.

The Bible

Any sort of meditation can help you cope with stress, so something like that.

Any "philosopher" this board gets off to.

Start with Neetshit.

Read meditations

if anything meditation messed me up even more, ended up remembering really bad repressed memories and fixating on them even though I tried my hardest to "temporarily observe them"
Also I don't like the idea of thanking people when they insult me and "giving" back to everyone I see, I'd rather meditation just be about concentration not all this shit about constantly bending over backwards and being polite and considerate to everyone in your life

fucking retard

Stop being a pussy. Your worries are a raindrop in a monsoon.

I can tell you got nothing out of it either

damn... o_0

The fuck? I'm not talking about seeking out and observing repressed memories, I'm talking about meditation as in the sort that calms you down. Essentially breathing exercises and emptying your mind for 15 minutes a day.

then do the concentration?
It's not about bending over backwards, but being able to not be bent over backwards by anything

Even the simplest book catered to westerners on meditation has about 90% of the book dedicated towards being kind to others and goes into great detail about learning what emotions and thoughts do to your body.
What you're talking about is the equivalent of a wikihow article or just focusing on a coin on your forehead
>being able to not be bent over backwards by anything
>hat if someone insults you? You may want to retaliate—which is a very human response. But, where does that lead? “Hatred is never appeased by more hatred,” it says in the Dhammapada. An angry response only leads to more anger. If you respond to anger with loving friendliness, the other person’s anger will not increase. Slowly it may fade away. “By love alone is anger appeased,”
>If we respond to insults or angry words with mindfulness and loving friendliness, we are able to look closely at the whole situation. Perhaps that person did not know what he or she was saying. Perhaps the words were not meant to harm you. It may have been totally innocent or inadvertent. Perhaps it was your frame of mind at the time the words were spoken. Perhaps you did not hear the words clearly or misunderstood the context.

w-woahh....

Or look at it this way - getting mad literally doesn't help you. Be vindictive if you want, and actually getting angry won't help your being vindictive either

>If we do not have hatred in us, we will not be concerned when someone points out our shortcomings. Rather, we will be thankful to the person who draws our attention to our faults. We have to be extremely wise and mindful to thank the person who exposes our faults for helping us to tread the upward path of self-improvement.
w-woah
guess I'll carefully examine every insult or passing remark I receive and thank the person who said it

It might just be the equivalent of a wikihow but it helps, which is the point. You seem to be making nonsensical excuses.

Who are you responding to?

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius and pic related

The practice of meditation by itself does not require you to do that. The people who write these books are usually Buddhists and see these teaching as inseparable from the practice, but they're not.

Vipassana will help you identify your emotions and not get carried away by them. Bad memories will invade your thoughts, but the thing is that they are always there, impacting on your mental health. You must confront them. One of the first things you learn during meditation is to stop suppressing things, which will alleviate a world of anxiety and cognitive dissonance in the long run.

It also sounds like you would benefit from Metta. It basically teaches how to love, be sad and be happy in a healthy way. These are things that you probably think you experience, but you only do so mentally and not emotionally. Such is the case with people with a habit of suppression. You suppress some negative feelings, but all the positive ones disappear with them. The practice itself is basically autosuggestion and sounds really corny, but if you give it an earnest shot, you will likely experience a form of rapture during your first or second sitting, and you will know that this was the thing missing from your life.

Hop on the Jordan Peterson train

>lit posters vehemently hate the guy and diametrically opposes him
>overwhelming majority of lit posters are human garbage with train wreck lives

See where I'm going with this?

>reads peterson.....still shitposts on a weeb image posting forum.

yeah fuck you dude, I know what I'm fucking talking about

Man The Unknown by Alexis Carrel

oh wow, maybe you're just a dick sorry no cure

Fucking idiot what are you talking about learn to meditate