What's the culinary precedent for putting peanut butter on burgers? Have any of you tried it?

What's the culinary precedent for putting peanut butter on burgers? Have any of you tried it?

I don't know, but I would try it.

I'm typically down try anything but that sounds fucking stupid and gross.

I've tried, and as a European, I don't like it.
I love peanut butter and I love burgers, but you don't put PB on a fuckin burger, yuck.

I can see it working with some peanut butter with no sweetness to it.

some more fat for your fat, fat boy?

Had an "Elvis" burger at some place in Atlanta, can't remember the place. It was real fucking good. Nice thick burger with bacon, sauteed bananas, and peanut butter. Divine.

>burger
>with bananas
>"Elvis"
>Divine
God I hate Americans

I like these posts, because it's always fat people trying to make themselves feel better, unconvinced that real men can eat garbage and be fine.

Had something very similar although it was at some place in Texas.

>Two patties
>bacon
>American cheese and sharp cheddar
>Sliced bananas
>House pickled pineapple
>Jalapenos
>Smooth peanut butter

It was just fucking good, wishing I lived in Texas rn. I'm in California and In n Out is great but you need to add your own peanut butter.

>real men can eat garbage
That's hardly an endorsement for being a "real man".

Go back to eating your fermented fish gonads between your second helping of nigger semen, sven, the real men are talking about real food here.

No, it was just a post worth posting. Youre quite pathetic for having to gain small headspace victories like that just because someone dropped a word you dislike.

pb is fat, patties are fat, and wow, did you know i may have been saying it light-heartedly, nono everyones always attacking (You).

I didn't even know people actually put PB on burgers. The only time I've seen it was when I was like 8 getting ready for school while the Twilight Zone movie was on HBO.

Aw wittwe bwit-boy twiggered

It's my favorite topping, but only when coupled with some spicy toppings like grilled jalapenos or pepperjack cheese

Oh and bacon. Not memeing. Bacon, peanut butter, and jalapenos is the GOAT burger

Agreed. See my post here but you definitely need a slice of pineapple in there

It's completely autistic and childish to dismiss non-conventional combinations of ingredients without trying. Why the fuck wouldn't a salty, savory oil sauce taste good on a salty, savory meat patty? There is literally no reason to think this sounds gross other than "muh pb waifu is pure and belongs only with sweet ingredients."

I ate a pb&j burger a while ago. The place used peanut butter and strawberry chutney.
It was ok I guess.

I've been thinking of trying this, but I couldn't imagine it on a cheeseburger like a lot of anons mentioned. I think I'll just try it on a bacon hamburger first
>What's the culinary precedent
I had know Idea what this part of use question meant till I looked it up on the innerwebs.
I guess for me the culinary precedent for putting PB on burgers would be, putting an egg on a burger. I love eggs the most out of any food and burgers are in my top 3. but i'm not sure why I haven't tried this yet, and I'm sure I will someday soon. If I didn't answer the question correctly then I still don't understand it

>peanut butter
>jelly
>bacon
>scoop of vanilla ice cream
All on burger. Wa la!

OBSESSED

>scoop
2 scoops

I've wanted to try it but there's always something that sounds better on menus where I've seen it. Might try making one at home.

tahini burger > peanut butter burger

I worked at a local burger place that had one on the menu so I had to try it cause people would ask me about it a lot. It's was a surprise how delicious it is.

I did bottom bunk
Mayo
BBW sauce
Lettuce
Onions
Burger
Bacon
Peanut butter (I prefer crunchy, but like both)
Top bun

I go to Purdue online for grad school. I was passing through West Lafayette on my way to South Bend to meet some friends. I stopped at a diner called Triple X and got a burger with peanut butter on it. It was weird because it made the burger extra oil-y. Not terrible though. The root beer was amazing though

Since cooking is basically flavor combinations you can just re-make it.

>Chicken satay
>peanut sauce
>crunchy fried peanut between bun and sauce
>sushi vineagered fresh veggies

Actually pretty tasty.

>peanut butter with no sweetness to it
Unless you buy the PB& honey stuff, I've never seen one with added sugar.

i'd try it, doesn't seem like it would be absolutely terrible, a lot of peanut based sauces go well with other savory things
seems like a fad now though like whoa look how wacky this burger is

>mint jelly with lamb chops
>grape jelly with swedish meatballs
>Why not?

>no added suga
Most American brands have HFCS/sugar added. A lot.

Jif (creamy) has 3g of sugar per 32g serving. It's listed as "sugar" on the label, so sucrose.

Love it.

Hmm...OK. Skippy uses sugar, but not HFCS. My roomie bout groceries this time so it's not my usual nut butter. Gonna have to start lookin at that shit more closely.

How fucking obese are you

I've never tried it myself but it's a well-known thing up north and around Canada. It's called the Goober burger. I wouldn't be against getting one to see what it's like.

I had something called The Big E, was pretty similar, patty, american cheese, jalapenos, deep fried battered banana and peanut butter.
Was kinda nice, but I had heart palpitations after.
I think just peanut putter on a burger would be pretty good.

A good way to tell if your PB is made with only peanuts (and optionally salt) is if it's $3/lb. I sweat shit like JIF is 1/3 of the price, it's insane.

It's very very good at Fast Eddies near Cleveland

I could see a spicy Thai style peanut sauce working, but not peanut butter.

Sugar and HFCS are almost the exact same thing.

Are you my gf? We had this conversation an hour ago and decided on just jelly

>being this bigger and angry yet impotent
Must suck

They're called goobers and theyre great. Especially if you mix hot sauce with the pb then its like thai padang sauce

I absolutely love peanut butter, but I've tried it on a burger before. They clash, and it literally tastes like you're eating peanut butter on a burger. It's nothing special and anyone can just imagine the taste in their heads before eating it.

This place I worked at did a burger with brie, caramelized onions, thin green apple slices, and walnut butter.

I was just as confused, but it ended up being something I really respect. Side of sweet potato fries, dipping occasionally in house-made spicy mayo. Man... good times.

I'm not against this, peanut butter isn't necessarily sweet (without the added sugars of a lot of commercial brands it was traditionally more on the salty side). It's not like nuts/legumes aren't combined with ground beef or anything.

theres a burger place around here that does it. first time i tried it i loved it. second time it was too fucking much.

they also have a burger with raspberry jam and some strong white cheese. that was pretty good.

Gross idea but great with the right execution. Id get it at a pretty good burger place but not a shitty one

i had it without the bananas but with siriacha sauce instead.

i work in a peanut butter plant. we do contracts for a lot of products. I have never seen HFCS, not once.

>he thinks fat is what makes you fat
can someone get aby dumber

I had one before, but with mustard instead of peanut butter

Its called the PB&B here. Peanut butter and bacon.
Its good on occasion. A sticky mouth sauce for your burger, with a taste that remains savory, nutty. It works.

Theres an "elvis burger" at a burger place where i live. Peanut butter and jelly on a burger. I had a taste of my sisters when we went, its not bad as i'm not american i'd never had pb+j before but it was a nice combo. I doubt i could eat the entire burger though, an 8oz burger covered in the stuff is just too much peanut butter for me. Also i don't particularly like peanut butter but it was much better with the "jelly" cutting through it.

XXX Root Beer in West Lafayette has a signature burger with peanut butter on it. I like it.