Your honest opinion on pierogi??

your honest opinion on pierogi??

ravioli

One of the great joys of life and perfect drunk food.

you fucking nigger cannot be serious

Delicious with onions

Most people cook it wrong (Deep fried, pan fried to hard/stiffness on either side, use a butter substitute)

You saute onions slowly so that the onions don't crisp, but absorb the butter/soften. Then after boiling them until they float, put them in the pan with the onions and slowly cook the butter into the dough of the perogi (should be a yellow colour, but not from being seared)

Basically North American gyouza. It's cheap as fuck and a bunch of different ways to cook it.

>boil then mix pasta sauce and cheese through
>fry in a pan
>put in a casserole dish with layers of meat, cheese and veges like a poor-man's lasagna

What this guy said I used to live in little bellingham wa and theyre was a peroghi shop that was open until 3 am best shit ever after hittin the bars hard with the boys. Fuckin a i wanna go back there.

>romano, bacon and potato pierogi, pan fried with onions and a dollop of creme fraiche
Sporting a raging semi right now just thinking about it

>not accepting pierogi seared on one side jiaozi-style as your lord and savior

Great stuff.

>North America
Newfag

>hitting the bars hard
>going home before 3am

are you negro serious?

love cabbage ones

Tried them, wasn't that impressed. Probably cooked poorly or something, but I don't feel the need to try them repeatedly.

Ones with cherries or blueberries inside are good.

That's not what newfag means, you fucking redditor.

I bake them until they're hard, like little potato hot-pockets.

>pierogi
>North American gyouza

might have been the brand. Must try Millie's peirogi

Gotta boil them first and then pan fry them. Get a little sour cream on the side and youre golden

bretty gud
i'd rather have pot stickers

>"I'm a stupid faggot who habitually makes shit up to one-up other people" the post

Dude you are dumb. This is why people get fustrated at Americans.

Homemade potato cheese and onion are my favorite food.

And one more time!

I love these, local pub has a pierogi night where you can get a whole basket for 80 cents or something

>Miss the 3am train back
>Sit in the station until the 5am train

I have Polish neighbors. When they make pierogis they are awesome. But I wouldn't trust just anyone to make them.

i made them from scratch once. it was a lot of fucking work. .

i feel like I could cheat this by using frozen puff pastry sheets.

sounds like an american ripoff of baozi lmao

If this is a troll then well played

Pierogi ruskie are the best.

This is literally just ravioli.

what are you trying to communicate with that observation

That americans stole this from the Italians.

>That americans stole this from the Italians

Lets stop with this nonsense "steal."

Italian whores who immigrated to 'merica gladly gave up their pussy and grandma's recipes for a chance at the good life.

Don't be mad cause your whores gave it up.

>Italians invented putting stuff in dough

It's not theft if we kicked your wop ass.

>Italian whores who immigrated to 'merica gladly gave up their pussy and grandma's recipes for a chance at the good life.
Not exactly. They did their best to recreate something like grandma's recipes using what was available in 20th Century America. Then those whose family business was food went a step further to tailor those recipes to American taste.

karelian pierogi is the best

ITT: people don't realize that everywhere in the entire fucking world has a dumpling dish of some sort.

the Veeky Forums version of
what is your honest opinion of poland and poles?

>eat my grandma’s delicious peroxide for years
>learn she uses cheez whiz in them
>never eat them again
ayy fuc u nana

>what is your honest opinion of poland and poles?
They are geniuses when it comes to smoked meats and baked goods. Also very good with mushrooms and cabbages, so they're all right by me.

>grandma’s delicious peroxide

Eskimos have dumplings?

this dude gets it

t. pollack

ey homie, I'm here in puyallup. Live just down the road from a good Pirozhki shop. Also had some dank ass pirozhki at the fair.

>tfw no Polish community near me
>tfw not having a Polish woman murder me with food.

they're called wareniki. and they are fucking awesome. what I don't get is why polaks are the only slavs that call clearly not pierogi (picrelated are proper pierogi, as any other slav related nation would agree) pierogi
>the brand.
>not making them yourself
end your life now.

>puff pastry
no. fuck no. not puff pastry, thats a totally different dough. you should boil these in water before you fry them in a pan and you just can't boil puff pastry.
and honestly the dough is the easiest part, the annoying bit is making dozens of the "pouches".

varenikje is delicious

pierogi
>italian

Fucking macaroni nigger - Pierogi are slav. I dont see a double "g" in the name. We, slavs were so desperate to gather up some shrooms and fermented cabbage and slap it in a dough. You had your fucking olives, tomatoes and shit.

Go complain on the US butchering your pizza, ragu sauce, and the germans and Hawaiians who came up with putting pineapple on them.

But stay off our Pierogi's or we're gonna bezpieka the shit of you.

those are wantons you moron

I feel like the only one in the world who hates pierogi. Too doughy, too heavy, and the stuff in the middle usually doesn't taste great.

>bellingham

Hey there, former hamster here myself. Left 15 years or so ago, before that perogi shop opened, but I've heard great things. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread too.

Simple people, simple food.

Do not overthink this, there is no deep meaning here. Its bland filling in a bland wrapper. Boil it, eat, then reproduce. In the morning shit comes out. Do you really need more detail than that?

I am too lazy to cook them all the time but when I do its always worth it.

I can't do the prune or sauerkraut filled. Otherwise they're delicious.

>bland filling
wow, you must suck at making mashed potatoes. kys

>eating perogi the traditonal way as if it is better than a seared perogi
Stop being a purist and accept that there can be improvements made to classic dishes.

>sit in the station until the 5 am train
>not just knocking over the nearest liquor store and drinking all the way home

I used to be on the fence about them when I was younger (12-15). I'm still on the fence a decade later.

>butter substitute
Absolutely disgusting

Do you count birds stuffed into seals?

They can be very tasty for sure.
A lot of lunch-style "restaurants"serve shitty ones though. Learning how to make them yourself is the best way to ensure a great experience. they are not that hard to make well.

of course i count birds stuffed into seals

>italians
>americans
um... isnt this a polish dumpling?

There aren't any pierogi on your pic. There're vareniki. Usually people cook them in boiling water.

Haven't ever found any *brand* of pierogi that would be good.
Just go to a restaurant and have some freshly prepared. You'll know the difference.

> Traditional, centuries old Slavic food
> "American ripoff"

ITALIANS?

You know that "Pierogi ruskie" is a direct, non-translated POLISH phrase?

If you leave them raw too long without boiling (or freezing) they will dry up and crack when boiled. So, if you don't plan to store them for a longer time, you boil them all shortly after preparing.

You can't boil them twice though (you'll overcook them and they'll come apart and be slimy). So if you have any extra frozen pierogi, the correct way to reheat them is to sear them in a little fat.

The onion comment is correct. A better alternative to onion is skwarki. (fatback chopped into tiny cubes, fried until most of fat melts away; drain most of the fat (lard), leave a little.) You can mix both for an even better effect.

(note: not the same thing as pork rind, which is *skin*. Skwarki is the fatty under-skin tissue, same thing as the white parts of bacon strips.

The guy who invented ham and pineapple pizza was Greek

You mean vareniki?

But the Germans created the combo - Bread+Ham+Pineapple+Cheese (Toast Hawaii) in the 50's

The Greek guy started doing that pizza in 60's

stop in 7-Eleven
drink OneCup
vomit in OneCup, leave it behind when you piss in alley
repeat

they're the perfect size for slightly-more-polite blackout drunk overnight 10km walks, and they help keep you from getting any on your pants so you can technically just buy a new shirt and tie at the last Seven and go straight into work.

I like them.

I asked yesterday in another thread but got no reply: would cauliflower-cheese and potato make for a nice pierogi filling? Or should I just make all the cauliflower I have into samosas?

Dumplings and dumpling-like foods are always the best item in every cuisine around the world.

Ultimate drunk food.

Ive never had pierogies until today. I made my own for dinner (potato and cheese filled with onions and kielbasa). They were pretty good but i dont have a comparison. Ill try meat filled next.

You mean Golubtsi?

I'm from Cleveland. They won't let you live here unless you can polish off a chafer of pierogi.

no, that's stuffed cabbage; a different dish, you dupa