"read these depressing books user it'll make you less depressed"

>"read these depressing books user it'll make you less depressed"
>*reads*
>becomes more depressed

for what purpose?

Maybe you need to spend less time reading books and more time getting your life in order, you utter faggot.

You probably have a frog folder and spend most of your time complaining about women and semites online

when i was in my early and mid 20s all i did was read depressing "classic" books, and it made me a lot more depressed, but now that im 30 and im happy Im really glad i read all those books because they taught me a lot about how to live

I'm in my 20s and depressed. Can you recommend me one of those books?

Dream of a Ridiculous man

and

White Nights

by dosto , enjoy.

Not that user, but read Jude the Obscure. You'll hurt.

Many cases of depression would be solved if the word itself was eliminated

>life in order

literally impossible for me

>they taught me a lot about how to live
>30 years old and browsing Veeky Forums

lol

Thanks

I read that as world instead of word
If only

>Trusting the advice of other humans
>Not trusting you own heart and intuition

>white nights

> "I love to build up my present in harmony with the irrevocable past, and I often wander like a shadow, aimless, sad and dejected, about the streets and crooked lanes of Petersburg. What memories they are! To remember, for instance, that here just a year ago, just at this time, at this hour, on this pavement, I wandered just as lonely, just as dejected as to-day. And one remembers that then one’s dreams were sad, and though the past was no better one feels as though it had somehow been better, and that life was more peaceful, that one was free from the black thoughts that haunt one now; that one was free from the gnawing of conscience — the gloomy, sullen gnawing which now gives me no rest by day or by night. And one asks oneself where are one’s dreams. And one shakes one’s head and says how rapidly the years fly by! And again one asks oneself what has one done with one’s years. Where have you buried your best days? Have you lived or not? Look, one says to oneself, look how cold the world is growing. Some more years will pass, and after them will come gloomy solitude; then will come old age trembling on its crutch, and after it misery and desolation. Your fantastic world will grow pale, your dreams will fade and die and will fall like the yellow leaves from the trees. . . . Oh, Nastenka! you know it will be sad to be left alone, utterly alone, and to have not even anything to regret"

me too

If someone's "depression" is just an off day where they're kinda bummed out, then this can work. But for actual depression, this is "go for a run every morning" tier advice. Comparing pain doesn't work, it just makes you feel like more of a shit for not being able to get over it when people have it worse.
Read something you want to read, user. And feel better.

You seem to have a lot of rage inside of you. You need to remember that your uncle isn't here anymore and he can't hurt you any more

word...world...whats the difference anyway

Give it time

>literally impossible
you will always be depressed you miserable fuck

Books don't make you more depressed, they just give your hitherto empty depression volume.

I don't believe you actually considered it

I don't know about you, but Book of Disquiet is a big release valve for me. Seeing these feelings get put into words so precisely is thereputic.

>becoming depressed

You can only become depressed if you expect something of the world. Expect nothing but hell, and you will always be grateful.

whats the book about anyways?

>There's an asshole in my head. And the only way I can get him to shut the fuck up is by just observing him and dis-identifying with him. And eventually, he'll shut the fuck up.

There you go. The Eastern cure for depression. Have fun.

That doesn't fix the suffering of this world.That just makes you calmer all the while understanding your awful characteristic more fully.

That's absolutely true, and I don't deny it at all.

I will say though, that is does allay YOUR suffering to some extent.

An ex-girlfriend of mine went to school with Lexi Belle and it was always on my mind when we were together.

holy...

that's hot

Jesus christ you must be like 40 or something. Get off this website old man

You're not my dad, kid.

Did they do cute things together?

You could be my dad. Dad?

Go to your room.

>be really sad
>read "No longer Human"
>"Ha, I will never be this autistic!"
>turns out I am

Don't repeat that to anyone in person because it's very autistic.