What are your thoughts on the Artemis Fowl series...

What are your thoughts on the Artemis Fowl series? For some reason I never finished it after reading The Lost Colony back in 2006, so I've started rereading the whole thing. It's pretty fun. Simple, but nice quick reads. And Holly is my waifu.

Go back.

>Super intelligent young guy that can do absolutely anything
Yeah, it's pretty garbage. It was pretty comfortable back in the day, but even then I questioned some of the things that Artemis was able to do.

I started reading the first novel in middle school and dropped it, I remember thinking it was shabby.

>super intelligent sociopath with daddy issues becomes friends with the faerie he kidnapped and gave stockholm syndrome to

fixed

It's a good series, Veeky Forums is far too contrarian to admit to it though. Miles ahead of other pre-teen fantasy series.

>he stopped at Lost Colony
>he doesn't know
You better tell us how those last three books go down, user.

I enjoyed the first six, yes The Time Paradox too, but the last two books are bad.

Opal Deception > Eternity Code > Time Paradox > Artemis Fowl > Lost Colony > Arctic Incident >> Atlantis Complex >> Last Guardian

Never finished it. But holy balls that was a great adventure.

Showed how the omnipotent powers of a good villan could be overcast by a hurt little boy. Also the older confidant woman and the young smart boy was sooo fucking hot.
A funny world filled to the brim with global warming and snarky almost sues.

Good books. Can't wait till the movie fucks us all.

I just want lewds of Officer Holly I think her name was

It's what got me hooked on reading desu.

I've got the first five books and I'm gonna give them to my niece when she's ten or so, depending on how her reading progresses (she'll turn five in October).

She'll also get my Narnia and Harry Potter books.

All I remember is that there was a massive god of a man named 'Butler' and that there was a dwarf who could unhinge his jaw, eat dirt, and then immediately shit it out in order to burrow through the ground

Oh yeah, I remember Butler. If I remember correctly, at one point his skin was fused with kevlar and he could take bullets and come out ok. Cool guy.

I loved them as a child, they got worse as the series progressed though, but I preferred Colfer's Benny series of books.

Well yeah, if you're twelve.

Oh yeah, faggot? I read the first 3 books in elementary school.

pre-teen books, nothing wrong about that but nothing special either. Artemis really is a Mary Sue with tacked on '''flaws'''(anti-sue) to conceal it.

Read them when I was 10-11. Thought they were brilliant at the time. Won't be going back to them because I know I'd only ruin them for myself.

They're okay YA, which isn't a real genre.

Got halfway through the book and dropped it when i was about 11. Recommended to me by my cousin thats six years older than me and still reads nothing but YA. I couldnt put words to it then but I didnt like Artemis cus he was the ultimate fedora wearing edge factor. I remember assuming this book would be corny when he was a child that spooked adults because he could generally tell things about a person by how they dress and react(that whole waiter scene right at the beginning)

Highly suggested literary piece.
While the elves, obviously a metaphor for the adance of technology and humanity, contrasted against the brutish nature in our souls (symbolized by humanity) is a masterful concept on its own,
the true insight of this masterpiece is to be found in the dwarf who shits earth, which is a metaphor for the banality of materialism and consumption.

Prime taste, user.

Personally I've put so many Ayn Rand books up my bum that my asshole looks like the Afterhours DVD Return slots on the front door of Blockbusters stores if you remember those

Preteen wish fulfillment the series.

No real depth to it.

I remember when The Lost Colony came out it was assumed to be the end of the series. By the time the next book was released (I don't know what it was called) I had grown out of the series. I really enjoyed what I had read, however.

I was just waiting until artemis fucked the twink. Got all the way until the opal deception before i said fuck it this shit aint happenin'

This was me as well. I remember seeing a friend reading the next artemis fowl book a couple years later and I was absolutelty amazed that it existed. I read that one, but didn't read any of the new ones after that.

Someone post the bookstore Infinite Jest/Finnegans Wake/Artemis Fowl pasta

ah yes

Thank you that never fails to make me laugh