Why hasn't a woman ever written a masterpiece yet?

Why hasn't a woman ever written a masterpiece yet?

Answered your own question.

I mean, they are half of the population, and they have a proven higher verbal IQ than men. It makes no sense. Is the sexism meme true?

Retarded thread. Take the Bronte sisters for one example. Just because women don't write masterpieces as often as men doesn't mean they can't write them at all.

Go back to your le redpill circlejerk

>The Tale of Genji
>Pride and Prejudice
>Frankenstein
>Jane Eyre
>Wuthering Heights
>Uncle Tom's Cabin
>Middlemarch
>Mrs. Dalloway
>Gone with the Wind
>To Kill a Mockingbird
>The Violent Bear It Away
>Beloved
>White Teeth
>Blonde

All shite
Women are shite

How are any of those masterpieces? Some are pretty good, but nothing comparable to Ulysses or even one of Shakespeare's comparatively mediocre plays.

Women didn't really have the chance to write until recently. Do you seriously think a book written by a woman would be widely circulated centuries ago? This is despite the fact women were often not as educated.

You cannot expect half of all masterpieces to be written by women for this fact alone.

It's a question of odds. Women mostly live their lives in terms of other people, and their self-worth comes from fulfilling social roles. It's hard to fit writing literature into that picture. Not impossible, as evidenced by the few good women writers, but rare.

When were women allowed to enter university? 19th century? There were many masterpieces written in the following century.

Name 10 books you consider masterpieces on the level of Ulysses

I doubt you've read Middlemarch

Do you think it was accepted for most women to attend university and spend years writing instead of shit out a few kids? Irrespective of that, you still have l:

You can't compare works of literature with each other when determining if they're a masterpiece or not. Especially if they were created over a hundred years apart. Tale of Genji, Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Middlemarch, and Mrs. Dalloway are definitely masterpieces.

Also, you forgot a couple. >The Waves
>To the Lighthouse

Middlemarch

>implying youve read any of them

Much of Shakespeare's work, Divine Comedy, Illiad, Pradise Lost, Don Quixote, Faust.
It was good, but certainly no masterpiece.

it's true what people have said about this being a lefty board

Why would I want to read shite? I look at a piece of shit on the street, and do my most to avoid it.
The people responsible for cleaning it up are the owners, and if they fail to do so then some cleaner should do it. But I am neither.

I forgot, Anna Karenina as well.

>lefty
slow down there, bud.

I love Virginia Woolf, and appreciate a few female writers, but i'm about the farthest you can get from being a lefty.

Not liking books by women just because of your political beliefs is absolutely autistic.

Fuck off back to /pol/ then you illiterate shite

>/pol/yp talking about literature
Thanks for the laugh.

Laugh all you want, but I probably know a lot more about literature than you do, bud. I don't even like /pol/, I just have strong beliefs and ideals.

What does that have to do with /pol/? Because I don't like shite books?

>White Teeth.

PFFTTT

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I know you think you're some witty genius but honestly mate, this schtick is old and worn out. Women are not your enemy and the sooner you realise this, the better.

Same reason women aren't funny: it gives them no evolutionary advantage. Men have to find unique ways to be creative in order to impress / obtain mates. Women just have to look good and be somewhat pleasant to be around, and even the latter isn't that important.

Women are spawn of the devil designed to sap you of your life energy.
Any good writer abstains from ejaculation and orgasm.

xDDDDDDD epic just epic

Fantastic post. Absolutely terrific.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD u so funny man XddDDDDDDDD women are so gay haha xDDDDDDDD

i have really struggled with whether and how to respond to this. The execution of this message was very nice and respectful, and I genuinely appreciate that. The premise, however, is problematic. Maybe not inherently, but within the context of the sexist society we live in. Men are allowed, and often feel compelled, to think out loud at women, to share unsolicited not necessarily informed thoughts at women. (And usually these men, unlike you, don’t even seem to recognize that their thoughts may not be useful.) Women on the other hand aren’t allowed to be as open. So, if you want to not just be respectful, but actually be anti-oppression, it is better (IMO) not to respond to a woman’s work with the types of thoughts that other men pawn off as insights, if you know what i mean. again, i appreciate your honesty, but i feel obligated to point these things out.

Maybe you'd be more suited to reddit.

This is literally unintelligible.

Wuthering Heights? Frankenstein?

Maybe you should take the hint and fuck off?

Painful. Just painful.

Miss macintosh my darling
Making of Americans

You should stop listening to feminists, they exist to warp your thinking. Women and men aren't equal and they will never be. They aren't supposed to be. And women aren't oppressed in western societies, though the more power they obtain the more obvious it becomes that they should be. White women have always had it good compared to other women across the globe and should start respecting their men more instead listening to d&c gender war advocates.

Why should I care about your opinion on me? You are like those books, pieces of shit in the street that I avoid, lest my shoe be dirtied.

Wuthering Heights is an absolutely based book. But of all the Woolf novels you could have included...

You are on this board explicitly to troll, you get away with it because we have no active janitors.

Ah yes, I be a troll because I disagree with you.

>"why hasnt a woman ..."
>people respond
>"hurr durr n those are shit, women are evil and shit"

you people have no self awareness

Far more than you my little chum. You've made a fool of yourself.

>regarding Frankenstein as not merely a classic but a masterpiece
This meme needs to die. Frankenstein matters because it's the first sci-fi and it codified a whole bunch of narrative devices, but taken on its own, the book is just not that good.

only 20 yo americans care about IQ

>saying women can write and were treated badly in the past
>lefty board

>everybody before the 70s had it really bad :(((

>No group of people has ever had it bad, stop virtue signaling about the """struggles""" of the """victims""" of the Armenian """genocide"""

Oh the horror of women staying at home and being housewives. HOW AWFUL! THEYRE NOT FREE AND WORKING TILL THEYRE 65 WITHOUT ANY KIDS AND WANTING TO KILL THEMSELVES BECAUSE OF IT

"I only read books that were assigned to me in high school" the post.

I know right? And they didn't even have diversity back then, I wonder how they even got by.

You were assigned Tale of Genji in high school?

duh dude come on, you cant actually discuss literature you can only discuss why you disagree woith it on an ideological basis. this is the way we think now in conservative america

I'm glad I don't live in America

i hope you are in one of the few countries to survive the next decade. 2008 was a dress rehearsal.

>They made me read them in high school so they have value.
Wtf dude, what are you doing on this board?

I meant no value.

Uuuuum, Shakespeare was a woman, sweetiekins.

This really is MGTOW: the website, isn't it

>proven higher verbal iq
top kek.
Even if this were true, a woman is incapable of the experience and insight of humanity which allows men to excel. A woman does not suffer like a man. I say, since women are separate to and are counterparts to men, why should they not be judged to a different standard? Just as they are expected to nurture children and perform other functions like a man cannot, why not perform different literary functions? It's as unfair as compairing men and women in physical competition, women are simply not the same and cannot be judged by the same standards.

No, it's Veeky Forums, the internet rage machine.

>All these books are shit
>btw I haven't read any of them lol
This post gave me cancer.

>/lgbt/ isn't even as liberal as Veeky Forums
>Veeky Forums is somehow MGTOW

Yeah well I hope you have a quick death.

*cough* thanks senpai *cough.* It'll be soon I think.

in a strange twist of fate Veeky Forums became a destination for them. we are a tourist atraction. young people actual think its cool. get a job because this summer is going to be awful.

using the term 'men' loosely there

>be Victorian woman
>sent to rich family by parents to become maid at age 13
>spends 15 hours a day cleaning chamber pots and floors
>fired after getting pregnant at 16
>works in textile factory after marriage
>does the housework and child care when at home
>dies at 29 during birth of fourth child
>called spoiled housewife 150 years later by internet user

Why haven't you ever written a masterpiece?

both liberal and conservative style topics should be elsewhere. not scumming up this area.

we OWN this board now, cuck. take the redpill or get the fuck out

>a woman is incapable of the experience and insight of humanity which allows men to excel
literal autism. muh insight of humanity

Yes yes, I use /pol/ i know the spiel. I'm using /pol/ right now. there's no reason you shouldn't use it as well, and leave Veeky Forums alone. for fuck's sake.

Autism is a blessing that brings the gifted closer to god. Refute my points without using logical fallacies

We have this thread every single fucking day
Frogposting should be an automatic ban

1) Not every lower class woman led that lifestyle
2) That is a very specific region of the world in a very specific time period
3) Yes, women worked in factories, while their husbands pounded rivets. Which is more dangerous?
4) It's currently 2:30 AM and I'm on hour 19 of my 24 hour shift. Sorry if I'm barely comprehensible

I love this conversation on literature. Man, so much literature being discussed.

Channing on the job, wow, you must be really unreplacable.

>Yes, women worked in factories, while their husbands pounded rivets. Which is more dangerous?

I'd guess the women had it lucky working in those notoriously safe 19th c. factories.

You haven't read Ulysses though

>literally the worst ideology

why. why would you want to fuck over literally everyone? political compass tests were a mistake. has just encouraged a generation of hipsters trying to pick the least common/most edgy political philosophy.

Why are you trying to talk like a 19th century gentleman?

why are plebeians allowed on this board?

If God is anything more than a clockwork mechanistic chain of causal events, God is a subjectivity applied to reality, giving it a personalised quality that makes possible ultimate meaning and purpose.

Autism at its core is an inability to relate to subjectivity in others. It has been described as a mechanistic mind, that sees phenomena as parts that do not contain subjectivity.

Autism does not being you closer to God, it moves you further away.

Nothing more pleb than poor attempts at using an antiquated register and putting on airs.

>God is a subjectivity applied to reality
Are you anything more? Remember; I am implies God because 'I' is an expression of God or of the Divine. We are in the image of God. What does that mean to you? To most people, it simply means that ancient humans were contemporary straw men.

stop baiting me, there was nothing antiquated about the post. would you prefer I use reddit spacing like you, gentle sir? When does the narwhal bacon?

La Princesse de Clèves, Madame de La Fayette.

Veeky Forums is communist

Speak for yourself, SJW. I'm a based MAGApede, we are building a wall and it's going to be YUGE!!! You have to go back! Sad!

>Pointing our someone's post as being antiquated even when it isn't just so you can use the word 'antiquated'.

Nothing more pleb than this.

>missing the point this hard

>Frankenstein
>White Teeth
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK!?

>Women didn't really have the chance to write until recently.
They have been writing for over a thousand years you dingus.

Women are tied to the society in ways you wouldn't believe. Men on the other hand, are expendable. Men can throw their lives at adventure, writing, hobbies, work, war, crime...
Women on the other hand, are acted upon by others and will be for the foreseeable future, or as long as they remain women.
Men have to tame and handle themselves in a society. Women are the society so long as their sexuality is controlled. Men are born outsiders gaining entry, or wardens keeping the society safe from outsiders. Children and ideals keep men in line. Women take their ideals from the wardens, and their biology drives them towards the outsider.

When a woman disagrees with men, it is always axiomatic or parroting. With the exception of a biological 'disagreement' in which case it serves as validation and the words are empty. There are some exceptional women who can translate these viewpoints of men and women, but they are a rare breed: successful queens. No amount of feminism will ever push women towards that goal. On the contrary; feminism seeks only to use and extinguish the males around them in such a way that new males would take over; so that women are taken from the position of power. This is the aim of feminism. Liberated female sexuality is an ugly thing, an echo of feral times. They reduce themselves to their biology: it is fun to be a wolf with endless sheep around, so no wonder. The limiters of their sexuality have been external since the dawn of history. Families and houses chose marriages, and if it was down to individual, it was an event of bride stealing.

Sad thing is that women will instantly reject this notion and cry out their version of Oy Vey as they kick me soon after hearing this. Their list of priorities being biased in their own favor to keep their biology alive. There is no way a woman can sacrifice herself and expect to have offspring, unless they sacrifice themselves for the offspring directly, mind you. You do not write books or software for babies. You do it for women or society. Women can not sacrifice themselves for society in the same way a man can.

Interesting thought, the idea that feminism is a revolt against the current males and a call for new males to come along and take them. What an interesting thought. It makes plenty of sense.