Arby's venison burger

I don't eat fast food much nowadays, but this intrigues me. I predict Arby's jumps to the front of the pack with this beauty. I, for one, can't wait to try it!

Does anyone else think this is going to garner a significant marketshare?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=venison farms in the US&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this an actual thing? Won't it be pretty expensive to buy tonnes of venison just for a one day event? They'll also have to deal with the animal-lover retards who will eat beef but not venison.

I don't know. This seems destined to fail .

I'm interested in the logistics side of this. They actually found enough suppliers at an acceptable price to sell fast food venison burgers.

The future is here, man.

Painfully obvious marketing and astroturfing aside, I'd try a venison burger, just not from that dumpster fire of a "restaurant"

>venison burger
>only offered in two places in Nebraska
Fuck off OP. Don't get our hopes up.

Quit the fucking marketing. You fucks make like 2 threads a day, trying and failing to make it seem like anyone gives a shit about your piles of mediocre meat.

I can understand not liking venison because it tastes more gamey, but it is not like there is a shortage of Deer out there for animal rights people to get enraged at any more than usual.

By "venison" they mean farmed reindeer from China. Which is the only way they can commercially sell "venison" because it's illegal to sell in burgerland.

Thought most came from New Zealand.

You can buy ranch raised legally because they're raised for that purpose.

It's just illegal to sell what you hunt/fish for in the wild. Which makes sense to me. You're suppose to hunt/fish for what you and your family need.

Dude, seriously not a marketer, pull your tin foil hat off for a couple minutes. I said I don't do fast food, but this is a fairly groundbreaking, bold step for a fast food chain.

There are USDA venison farms in the US, but you make a good point in wanting to know the sourcing,
and given the track record of megacorporate fast food that's a critical question.

Well the twitter account CLAIMS to be available everywhere.

>venison farms in the US
You sure about that?

google.com/search?q=venison farms in the US&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Arby's has a new limited time menu item like every other day it seems. I bet it'd suck balls to work there.

It's arbys so i assume it is maybe 10% actual deer meat. Good marketing but ill bet it's the same shitty food.

There is a reason that venison is not a mainstream meat. It's because it sucks compared to other more commonly found meats. Arby's it the lowest quality tier of fast food there is. imho its well under even taco bell. the slogan "we have the meats"... what were they thinking. it sounds like an STD. Yeah, that hoe fucks everybody, pretty sure I got the meats from her - now I gotta go to the free clinic.

>but you make a good point in wanting to know the sourcing,
New Zealand was the listed source last time they had this promotion.

The venison burger will be available in all 3,300 restaurants. There's this other elk burger, thats only available in three stores in colorado and two other states.
so you're wroung dummy. look it up.

Well, I'm interested, but I don't think it will beat that elk burger I had from this small town hole in the wall.

There's bison farms so I don't see why there won't be deer farms.

Is venison very rare in the states? A lot of our smaller gourmet burger shops use it. But not the big fast food chains.

Because deer do not do well in large scale farming operations, and said operations always fail. There's a reason no one has done it yet.

Rich sport hunters will oftentimes purchase a lot of land and stock it with deer, but this is by no means farming in the same sense as cows, pigs, bison or any other farmed stock.

They're not too uncommon in NZ. Not as common as sheep or dairy but in some places competing with sheep in the hilly terrain less ideal for dairy. There are challenges like building high fences, and dealing with fighting. They aren't as docile as a cow or sheep. Wild stags will come to the fence and stir them up.

They don't farm them just for the meat but also the velvet off the antlers which is pretty amazing stuff.

Venison is great, but I don't think I want to get it from Arby's.

It's only a burger if the meat is ground. That ain't a burger.

>just for a one day event?
It says starting 10/21, not for one day.