Tfw yet ANOTHER philosophy factory just closed down in my area

>tfw yet ANOTHER philosophy factory just closed down in my area

How the heck am I supposed to find a job in this climate?

Is that what they call McDonalds now?

What the fuck is a philosophy factory?

chin up, kid

at least you have no debt

I mean I'm sure debtors aren't asking for upwards of thousands a month

It's a joke, man

>willingly loan thousands of dollars to pursue a degree in something you know isn't marketable / won't make you employable.
>still cry about how you can't find a job

Fucking retards. And truly intelligent and capable people find nice jobs regardless of their major. You just had to make better choices in life.

t. STEMlord

studied Phil in college, got job offers from Goldman, Google, and a bunch of comparable firms

just dont be stupid

Keep dreaming user

>Implying ideas aren't mass produced nowadays

I'm the poster you were responding to, and no I found a good job as a diplomat even though I studied history.

You just have to make better choices. I combined my history major with studies in international relations, German and French so I could study something I love studying - While still keeping my eyes on employ ability.

>mfw I become a millionaire off my Aufheben™ app that let's people contract unemployed philosophers for pittances

>good job
>diplomat

You're just a dumb spooked normie. Your subjective value systems have no power here.

>everyone must be as stupid as me

lol. have fun with McDonald's

>Implying to possess an objective system of values

Oh_boy_here_we_go.php

Intelligence puts you on top of capitalism.
Ok man

studied philosophy in undergrad with a concentration in classical rhetoric and the Latin Silver Age. I'm preparing for the bar exam by taking night classes at the local uni while making 40k working as the video guy for a minor league baseball team and paying as I go. The focus on the Greeks is incredibly helpful for the theory and tautology side which makes 1/3rd of the exam basic review work instead of reacquainting myself with the history of case logic.

Why every commie I know is a loser?

Shit up nerd

Because your social circle is full of losers in general?

>implying he has a social circle

Why would you contract a philosopher in the current year?

i have no idea what you're talking about, university funding for philosophy is at an all time high! it's like the 80's again!

They are closing think tanks? Finally.

>philosophy factories keep getting relocated abroad
>trump's doing nothing about it

>when the boss rejects your proposal on numerological-hyperstitional aesthetics AGAIN and tomorrow we begin production on chad's latest utilitarian bioethics project

not all it's cracked up to be lads

So this is the ideological power of capitalism

>Study something with only having a single job prospect of replacing the professor and teaching other students and continuing the cycle.
Why do those majors even exist?

Many people go on to become journalists or lawyers.

>get degree in subject related to field
>start work in said field
>realise degree was waste of time because it literally means nothing compared to real world experience

trades >>>> degrees.