Is there anything inherently wrong in writing Pulp?

Is there anything inherently wrong in writing Pulp?

No, but reading it?...

In the era of Hemmingway it was the only market for a lot of writers.

This makes no sense. If you're going condemn consumption why do you condone creation?

Why is Gatsby wearing an overcoat

Ironically writing pulp can be fun, but if you're dumb enough to actually seriously read it it's quite childlike

>ironically
why would the creation need be ironic?

I'm just shitposting desu
There's nothing wrong with it

Cheap and disposable genre fiction. The only reason people think it's cool is because it's old.

I think pulp is fun.

You just got backed into a corner
Gtfo and don't come back until you can actually contribute something intelligent to a conversation

You realize pulp is written today, no?

the pulp of the 50s would be considered sexist today, so yes, there is something wrong with writing pulp (if you want it to be published).

no matter how saturated, there is always room for more entertaining media and pseuds that dismiss pulp and genreshit are tryhards, that arent capanble in partaking on the small joys of lesser lit. No one is telling them to stop reading Heidegger and jerk off to Nietzche, but they feel the need to belittle anyone who reads science fiction, fantasy, and even popular science. There are however different levels of quality in each of those genres which should be judged and ostricized accordingly, we can just let the YAdumbs roam free >:)

I really want to write some smutty pulp in the style of lurid men's magazines. The art is always way more compelling than the trash inside, so I see it as a personal challenge to deliver on what the art promises.

me too, that's why I read it exclusively

You think rich people just walk around in normal suits when it's raining outside?

Isn't pulp subjective?

Not if we're being literal about what pulp means (i.e. the quality of paper the stories are written on)

Lifted the look from the 1949 movie version.

The art is made up after the stories are written, not vice versa

You could argue that pulp, and to some extent genre fiction as a whole, will not be able to compare to literary. But imo following pulp routines trains your writing better than plotting or even reading.

True, but the art is still more compelling than the hacky writing you'd find in the pulps like the image I posted, with a few exceptions

Lmao

I can only stand pulp and genre by listening to it on audiobook.