Why can't Veeky Forums just make their own website? Why do we have to be here?

Why can't Veeky Forums just make their own website? Why do we have to be here?

And fuck off if you say Reddit, FUCK OFF

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/academicliterature/
cliterature.org/content/archives
youtube.com/watch?v=xTaCgFe5doY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am /g/ just say the word

this website seems fine to me, do you have some sort of problem with it?

Veeky Forums being one click away from /pol/ and every other dull board on this site degrades it.

>I am /g/ just say the word
And what? You're going to get us a WordPress template hosted on your $500 gaming laptop running Arch?

This rage has something to do with /pol/, doesn't it?

Reddit ponce.

We already have a website, it is - goodreads.com

I'll make the logo

What would the format be? A forum? If you just want to e-peen over who has read the most books that's what Goodreads is for. And nobody who reads books is capable of making friends so what do we need identities for?

reddit.com/r/academicliterature/

acedemi cliterature.org/content/archives

there is literally nothing wrong with this person's profile. sure it's repulsive but at least they're being honest which is more than can be said for most dating site profiles

I'm 8% sure that these posts are actually being made by Clive Palmer.

made a prototype banner for our new website
its open source so you can edit it however you want

Who's top-left meant to be? Ruggles and le suicide man are obvious. Also that's a pretty spot on MS paint caricature you've made there so good on you.

bloom, but all i can think about when i draw him are his lips

That part is right at least but to really get him right you need his whole upper body to really capture that 'old and battered piece of furniture' look that makes him distinctly him. Also the hair is wild, white and whispy and the fatness is a must. Your guy could pass for 40.

meta threads where shitters whine about Veeky Forums are cancer in and of themselves. The only discernible times it changed since 2011 were the months after Veeky Forums was formed and the top 100 went on imgur the first time, and then the toxicity of this place drove out the ones that shouldnt have been here anyways.

>t. 3 months on Veeky Forums
It wasn't nearly as shit up by poltards two years ago.
>filtering brainlet
Is this word offensive to your kind?

It is indicative of posts such as yours. Also, there has always been niggerposting

>no fun allowed because I don't like your kind of fun

>t. 3 months on Veeky Forums
/pol/ wasn't as shit up with MAGAPEDES 2 years ago. Reddit completely ruined /pol/ just like it will completely ruin Veeky Forums someday.

two years ago every other thread on Veeky Forums was philosophy-posting. Also I have no proof but I'm pretty certain 90% of the posters in those had only skimmed the wikipedia entries on a few big philosophers. This place was always shit, only difference was that the memes were more on topic.

Nah, 18.
youtube.com/watch?v=xTaCgFe5doY
Go to 1:42

Clive for PM. Can't be worse than Malcolm.

I agree.

Let's make a humanities focused chan. The imageboard layout is great but we need enforced semi-anonymity and a distancing from shiposting boards.

Restrict the boards to SFW humanities/creative topics. Basically from Veeky Forums to /mu/ to /out/... Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums.

It's fine that you want to be edgy on the internet. I get it. But at a certain point boards need to be able to discuss their own topics. It's annoying to have every board end up being that topic discussed through a /pol/ lens (either for or against). I'm really tired of these debates.

Make it happen, lads.

Let's get a lit-chan going. There are plenty of places to shitpost and say nigger. We need a place that is unapologetically patrician and on-topic.

DON'T YOU FUCKING LEAVE ME, ILL GET EBRYONE TO RAID YOU ALL THE TIME YOU CHEATING BASTARD

I'd love this.

I don't think it's going to happen, but I'd love it.

>I'm really tired of these debates.

Typical commie running away when the going gets tough, marx is rolling in his fuckn girl

someone do this. I can't be bothered so someone else do this. we need full time mods that will work for free and aren't shit

>i can't deal with some of the narrators being unreliable
leave Veeky Forums. it doesn't matter where you go.

>marx is rolling in his fuckn girl

/pol/ complains about mix-racing and globalism, yet they want all boards to be mixed, essentially /pol/+whatever the board is. You guys are LITERALLY destroying the borders of every board on this site. We're not even trying to censor you idiots, we just want to talk about books without being tethered to pleb retards who never read. Start with the Greeks or fuck off.

It would require good moderation but if the site always had those randomly generated tripcodes like on Veeky Forums and now on /pol/ I think it would help. At least you could see who is samefagging the thread.

Find me some documentation on setting up a board and ill do it

>race-mixing is now akin to going to more than on subforum on a website

That coupled with you being hooked by marx-and-his-fuck-girl user, qualifies you as a bona fide moron.

>>race-mixing is now akin to going to more than on subforum on a website

I have no clue what that means.

Fuck if I know anything about it. I request that we have absolutely no weeb boards though.

Whatever happened to the text boards?

Did japmoot delete them?

i think books went when it was still original moot

yeah they killed /book/ a long time ago

Yeah moot killed them. Not enough people used them, and they were considered redundant. We still have one text board though, /news/, but it looks more like an imageboard than the older textboards did.

>Heidegger
>Nietzsche
Can't let those competing perspectives influence our perfect selves, now can we?

If someone actually makes a humanitieschan, we'll need draconian rules if we don't want the boards to turn into their Veeky Forums equivalents, if not worse. /mu/ and Veeky Forums on 8chān are pure cancer because they didn't have a predefined culture with serious expectations. Last time I checked, they were worse than Veeky Forums versions of those boards.
So, ban modern pop, k-pop and rap from /mu/, sf/fantasy from Veeky Forums, capeshit from /tv/, shitposting in general etc. This way you might prevent some potentially good discussion (popular and bad art are still worthy of analysis), but you'll also repel the casuals and redditors, enabling peaceful and meaningful discussions among the knowledgeable.

Veeky Forums is about sifting through the trash to find some diamonds here and there. It's like this with any board.

As a fantasy fag i agree 100%

No. The big thing is not having weeb boards and edgy shit like /b/. It will naturally filter the losers eventually. 8ch is "pure cancer" solely because the user base was formed through an exodus of /pol/ users on this site.

Like I said, enforced semi-anonymity will help to reveal who is a shit poster and they can get shamed/shunned accordingly. The point is that the site should, from the start, give off a sense of "Stop wasting your life shitposting. Make good posts or go away."

Oddly enough, this guy is more self-actualized and aware of himself than 90% of Veeky Forums.

self-actualization is a stale meme

Maybe we could separate /tv/ and /film/, to allow for serious film discussion?

That is a shitty sub you have there.

t. slave to spooks and his own insecurities

t.ugly idiotic smelly poopyhead

So basically Veeky Forums without the NSFW boards. That sounds easy enough. We would need at least one off topic board to act as a containment for community threads that don't belong anywhere else, and I would recommend semi-anonymity with flags and post ID's.

This would kill the website in the cradle. Music without discussing certain music? Literature while ignoring entire movements? Nobody cares what you like or dislike, your boards would turn into a stuffy self-congratulatory wankfest of about 10 regular users.

We haven't even made the new website yet and you're already permabanned

>Patrichan

>flags
fuck no, that only aids shitposting

Okay, I made a mistake there. Drop the flags but keep the ID's.

Best name.

>Hiding critique threads

>i need a safe space
>my beliefs are so frail I can't handle them being challenged in an anonymous environment where I can't scream bigot to silence any opposition.

it will die in a week from lack of traffic

just filter shit you don't like and quit complaining

or go to reddit faggot

It's not the issue of a safe-space, it's just that being surrounded by /pol/-tards is literally (L I T E R A L L Y) as bad as being surrounded by SJWs/redditors.

Being around SJWs/redditors
>have to make sure you talk about books by women or blacks or minorities
>any mention of women or minorities has to be in support of them or else may trigger leftist anger/jokes
>discussion of actual literature degraded so it can be a liberal hugbox

Being around /pol/tards
>have to make sure you don't mention books by women or minorities or a /pol/-tard will inevitably start trolling and flaming
>any mention of rightist, conservative, or particularly manly thinkers/writers means you have to support them or else trigger rightist anger/jokes (the word "cuck")
>discussion of actual literature degraded so it can be a conservative/neo-fascist hugbox

what the hell do your shelves look like that you're surrounded by either?

>I can't have fun and try new ideas because of mr.grumpy thinks it's faggy to want a higher level of discussion

Ignore the "of", can't be bothered to delete my last post.

I just hate greasy undergraduate philosophy students who posture with those two.

this guy gets it

You are on a MY LITTLE PONY board. You are surrounded by transvestites, herpes, and mlp.

What does this even mean anymore?

I dig it

>it's just that being surrounded by /pol/-tards is literally (L I T E R A L L Y) as bad as being surrounded by SJWs/redditors.

Eh I would say close, but not literally as bad. less likely to ban blacklist or dox me because i hurt their fee fees