Panasonic SR-DF101

Dis a good rice cooker? It's the only one that's Japanese and has that fuzzy logic shit that I can find for under $100.

>not IH
No

Don't spend under $100 on a rice cooker.

Why does it have to be japanese? Not starting shit just wondering

Nips make the best rice cookers.

I got a really good one for about $30. Look on Amazon.

Don't be a weeb. Most rice cookers are the same.

But does it have PRESSURE CHAMBER WITH 8 INDUCTION HEATERS UNDER 8-LAYER DIAMOND-COATED POT

>Don't be a weeb. Most rice cookers are the same.
I'm not that user, but I have owned several over the years and I have found the Japanese brands to give the best results and also be the most durable. Currently I have a Tiger (a very basic model) and it's been going strong for 12 years.

Most domestic brands have a lift-off lid like a normal pot does. Those don't work as well as the ones with the hinged locking lid like OP. I haven't noticed an appreciable difference in quality between Japanese brands--my $50 Tiger works just as well as a friend's $200 Zojirushi. But I would make damn sure you get one with the hinged locking lid that seals using a gasket.

>Don't be a weeb. Most rice cookers are the same.
This is the shit people say that have shitty rice cookers. You probably have a potlid cooker. Japanese ones are far and away better than nearly anything else on the market.

Spend atleast $100. Panasonic is pretty good and it has a locking lid but if its that cheap you're just gambling. You're only ever going to buy one unless you start a family

I thought a few of the Tiger rice cookers were under $100.

Just spend the bucks and get a zojirushi.
Sometimes you just gotta spoil yourself.

Forgot pic

I don't know man. It cooks everything pretty thoroughly, cooks based on weight and rice type, and can cook vegetables alongside it fairly well in a separate section. You definitely don't need to shell out $100 or more for quality. You just need to do some actual research.

Are these threads a meme? Because it's really not hard at all to cook rice in a sauce pan.

>Because it's really not hard at all to cook rice in a sauce pan
You're right, it's very easy. But just like a toaster or a microwave, rice cookers have their uses.

The thing I like best about them is that it frees up a hob on my stove. I often have multiple pots/pans going at once and anything that frees up a burner is a win in my opinion. Not to mention it's idiot-proof. The cooker turns off on its own so you can ignore it while you are concentrating on the rest of your meal.

I got one for $40 that's also able to make yogurt quinoa brown rice steam foods be a slow cooker and a few other things I'm too lazy to go look at it to remember

here. Mine has a "keep warm" function so you can cook the rest of the meal and still have a nice hot bit of rice and veggies.

They all have a keep warm function user, even the shittiest ones.

A good rice cooker will cook rice better than a pot. Period

I've got a Panasonic and it's alright.

Porridge function never works for me tho.

Grind the rice grains and add more water.

>have to grind it

Oh, boo. Manual made no mention of that.

It probably works with whole grain too but try anyway.

Looks fine. Make sure you can fit steamer baskets in there though; it's very useful.

Based Panasonic always comes with

Nice. My Zojirushi didn't come with one.

Get a Zojirushi OP, don't fuck around with anything else

There's actual double-blind scientific research on this, user. Rice tastes better when cooked in a pressure vessel, and better after that with precise heat control rather than a simplistic timer switch.

OP's example works for cooking rice, and it's a quality brand, but the lack of a manual timer or non-rice cycles make it a bit of a singletasker. I'd suggest going a bit further up if you don't already have a pressure cooker and poacher.

My $30 one did.

That's only that high because it's out of production and the newer models dropped the Char Custom color. The NJ-XS108J-P is a "steal" at only \52,500.

... I actually kind of want one, it's actually the cheapest consumer way to get a food-grade ultrasonic cavitator. But I'm not sure how well that component can be independently controlled.