Americanized ethnic foods that do it better

I lived in Tijuana for a few years, as well as San Diego most of my life. I know what real Mexican food is. I’ve had incomparable Mexican street tacos. But I have never, nor will ever eat a burrito that is better than the California Burrito.

It’s a mixture of Carne Asada, French fries, guacamole and cheese. Some people request beans and sour cream, but it’s not necessary. If anything, it’s frowned upon.

Are there any other ethnic foods that taste better when Americanized?

>Tijuana
>México

Pick one.

Also, move to a real mexican city like Morelos or Veracruz, then do your fair compare

Not authentic enough for you?
Suck my dick. I was amongst brown people. That’s the point of that statement. I’m not going to move further south when I have family in tj and Rosarito.

All Americanized ethnic food is better. If you think otherwise you obviously have never been to these places. Actual Mexican street food is garbage unless you're in a high-end tourist area. Same with any middle eastern, African, or Indian food. It's much better when some culinary arts fag takes these things and improves upon them in a clean environment with a knowledge of what tastes good. Even when immigrants make this it's usually just salty/sugary garbage. People from "ethnic" areas are dumb poor people. I live in the SW and the worst Mexican food places are run by immigrants. The best ones are run by white kids with integrated cooks who grew up here and have a real palate.

>Take shitty food from the frontier with the usa.
>Lol, mexican food sucks.
Tijuana is literally invaded by gringos, their food doesn't have any auntenticity. Heck, they even celebrate Thanksgiving there. Thanksgiving in fucking Mexico.

When is that fucking wall done? I want the gringos out of my country

>California Burrito.
>It’s a mixture of Carne Asada, French fries, guacamole and cheese.
I lived in California for twenty years and never even heard of a burrito with fries in it. What the fuck?

>it’s not necessary. If anything, it’s frowned upon.

you put french fries in your burrito.

A California burrito is just a wrap using some Mexican ingredients. Worth trying a couple times, but hardly worth going out of your way for.

>Are there any other ethnic foods that taste better when Americanized?

Pretty much all of them.

Pump all food full of fat and HFCS so you can bulk up and roll around in motorised carts.

Of course they celebrate thanksgiving there. Everything they do in tijuana is to encourage tourism. That’s where they make their most money. When I first moved there, I didn’t speak a lick of Spanish. But they sure as fucked tried to learn English for me, since they wanted me to spend money in their stores. It’s not degrading or selling out, it’s adapting and surviving.

Now I didn’t live right on the border. I lived in Rubi. There’s not an influx of tourists to impress. The food they made was for them/ everyone. So that’s what I’m going off of when I say “authentic”.

This. My experience has been that Americanizing most foods turns them from from things you can eat on a regular basis to food that will make you fat.

>putting french fries in literally anything

Southern California? Because that’s where it’s big at. But I’ve ordered them in San Francisco too. They weren’t as good there, but the idea was the same.

From Tijuana to Los Cabos is basically burgerland 2.0 as dollar is their main currency and old fat gringos decide to move there to live the rest of their lives, of course they would do anything to please them included sucking their dicks. Even around the north of Mexico food variety is lackluster as Carne Asada is almost their only dish. If you wanna try authentic Mexican food you will have to go far way to the center and South

Pizza.
Italian pizza is pretty crappy compared to ours

>dollar is their main currency
In tj and cabo yes but in between you need to pay with pesos or get ripped off.
I never spend dollars and rarely see them in most of baja

They're barely even the same thing besides being round and based on dough.

i agree though

No. You just need to stay away from tourist traps or order something other than carne asada.

A lot of the people who run shops in Tijuana know damn well how to cook authentically. They are just used to cooking the shit that makes the most money from gringos.

That being said, I agree with the whole "old white people go there to retire" thing. I was invited to a Jehovah's witness meeting down there, and not a single person in attendance was Mexican. There were a couple of black guys though, and a red headed British lady who has a horse farm in Rosarito.

He's just memeing
I live in Southern California and have never seen this either.

I've been going to this one Mexican joint up here in norcal for at least 5/6 years and I've literally never ordered anything other than their california burrito.

dude probably meant del taco and taco bell

Found the racist.
I'm white as a glass of milk in Antarctica, and white people run Mexican place SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
t. someone who has lived in every southwestern state from Texas all the way through to California. Also, Arizona has some nice mexican food, in general. Baja seafood is unparalleled, in terms of location, and texmex is comfort food. One of my favorite regular dishes is Aguachile, and no, I've never had it made by white people that was worth a damn. And it's not even a hard dish.

it's real and it's great. like al pastor, it isnt available at all restaurants but I like it now and then

>come to the south and experience true mexican cooking

It’s just a google search away. Most Mexican restaurants have it on the menu, and the ones that don’t still have the ingredients on hand, and will gladly make it if asked. It’s a fucking California staple.

I want one right now.

How did I never think of putting potato in a burrito before?

It's a San Diego staple.

Potato burritos are very widespread.

>Tijuana
>Authentic Mexican

>a place in mexico
>not authentic mexican

Get outta here. Is Tijuana the Mexican equivalent of flyover or something?

Lived in Japan for about 2 years. American sushi is 10x better to me.

Not when a city is infested with foreigers and their food is made to please their preferences and not following a tradition.

For starters, the idea of making a burrito a main dish here sounds absurd, since its something you eat in the morning when you are in a hurry or you dont have many ingredients to prepare something. If you were to eat something with carne asada, you simply order a Carne asada on a plate then procced to eat it with some tortillas and some side dishes like red rice, fried beans, onions, guacamole, etc.

Sound pretty fucking bland dude

Yup. Tex-Mex food is a different thing than mexican food. That's why it can't be compared. My reaction to those giant burritos or those quesadillas made with yellow cheese and lettuce was the same that when I saw the Trump's taco bowl.

the salsa of many taquerias is worth going out of your way for.i always say I do like a side of burrito with my salsa LOL

I'm sure usa does pizza better than itilay in a gloutonous way, but isn't pizza just as American as the burrito?

also wasn't there that YouTube video of a bunch of Asian teenagers snubbing their noses at Chinese fast food PF Chang's or something meanwhile their grandparents are eating the same thing and like "mmmm, yummy, I really enjoy this"

While a california burrito makes for a nice meal, carne asada fries are the best when the drunk munchies hit you

California in general has the best food our fish tacos are great in Ventura

I remember that video. The younger ones said bullshit like this is the taco bell of chinese food. But the parents didn't give a fuck and said it was good. Some of them even said it was authentic. The younger ones were just trying to sound sophisticated and put on a show for the cameras.

>Found the racist.
Pfft...You say it like it's a bad thing.

I know mexico better than most especially on this board

I laugh a baja jokers
I laugh at high end shitters
I laugh at tourist types who go on about carts and vendors
Mexican food is best when its not for sale something americanized fags never agree with because its hard for them to show even when invited to come
Lets party for the rest of the week and hope monday is free enough to relax and have more time to enjoy

Kill Yourself. Americanized anything is usually on the level of pig-feed and only enjoyed by subhumans.

Its not a California thing. It is a mutant burrito you find in San Diego and sometimes LA. It has Carne Asada, French fries(sometimes shoestring or crinkle) sour cream, salsa bandera, cheese. But it shouldn't have, at least in this San Diego mutant beans rice or be wet. Some places in norcal drown theirs in red sauce.

Also a san diego taco shop invention.

Ehh if you only hang out around the tourist traps. You can still find good shops and carts around. Like you can get good birira and tacos varios in a lot of the places off the path of the touristy areas.

The patrician way to enjoy a California burrito it to get those little sauce cups they give you and pour a little on each bite you take.

They give you sauce cups. What sort of shit place you go to that doesn't have a salsa bar?

What do you put the salsa from the salsa bar IN, dumbass?

It's just some 3rd generation spic american teenagers who can't comprehend that Mexico has its own regional foods outside of the 4 things his grandmother makes.

I live in NorCal, and I've never seen and taqueria put red sauce on a California burrito. They're the same here as they are down there. You can, at any place, order your burrito "wet", but that's the customers choice, not the fault of the taqueria. I can't imagine why anyone would want a California burrito wet.

Ya but they love to shove rice and beans into burritos.

White people are just better at everything minus basketball and cuckold. Facts can’t be racist.

>rice
Ya, I know. I'm forever having to ask for no fucking rice. Mission style burritos are HELL. RICE SHOULD NEVER BE IN A BURRITO, YOU FAGGOTS. Beans are ok in CERTAIN burritos, but not all. Rice, fucking never.

I miss California Burritos man ,OP what was your go to place? Lucha libre tacos is pricey, but I love the atmosphere. There's a place by the university everyone talks about, but it's filled with fratbros. A place opened up in El Cajon not too far from my house, called Taqueria Las Mulas. They have real taqueros there, but the tacos are more pricey than TJ, but of course I can walk there. The burritos are god tier there, owner is chill. I always get a Cali burrito with al Pastor meat.

They have a tray for salsas which is nice, the whole place has Chavo del Ocho decor. Some of the signs outside are too memey tho. 8/10

I can't get any of the spices here for al Pastor easily... And tortillas are fucking expensive. I got 8 tortillas for like almost 2 € on sale.. and they seem ass.

p.s. Tacos el Gordo is overrated

Lucha libre is for fucking tourists. and I saw the price for a taco there. 1.95. That is fucking amazingly expensive.

OP here. My favorite place was a little hole in the wall in Chula Vista called “Hermanos” on Palomar and Broadway. It was a big, tender burrito for a cheap price.

burritos are by themselves a tex mex invention
regular tacos are not big enough for the amerifat taste

My aunt is Okinawan, and her explanation is back home in Asia you generally had to work with shit-tier quality ingredients so there was only so much you could do to make the food taste good. Here even if the food isn't cooked with all the old ways back home, on average they use much higher quality ingredients so it tastes better anyway.

What is salsa bandera?

California rolls are better than whatever the shit japs serve as maki rolls

I dated 2 mexican chicks before, and both their families were very unhygenic, never washed their hands, only took showers once a week, etc. etc.

I got food poisoning the times I had to eat their food.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, per se, aside from this part
>in a clean environment

That's bs. Mexicans and other Latinos take showers more often. She must've been Americanized.

*scratches neckbeard in confused, but polite manner*

I've never left my basement, but I love Lucha Libre, so you must be mistaken, my good sir.

*tips fedora*

fucking nacos call it Pico de Gallo. But it is salsa fresca or Salsa Bandera. Pico De gallo is the fucking fruit salad.

t. Mexican who smells bad

This is just wrong. Most ethnic food is bolmb when it comes from the ethnicity itself but like anywhere else in the world there are more shmucks than people ardently devoted to cooking.

I'm over in clairmont and the best burritos we have are Los Palmitos. A little pricy, but really tasty.

Here you go smelly americunt

Its definitely all the white kids between 14-25 that are no longer forced by their parents to shower every day and some how think that means they are optional. No other group that has access to showers does that

>all the white kids between 14-25 that are no longer forced by their parents to shower every day

Ever attended a liberal college classroom recently? They all smell like ripe Gym Lockers and are overwhelming.

>other group that has access to showers but don't use them

Hippies, and the French.

What do I win?

Men must take a backseat role in the fight for equality. They can't be trusted to lead since they are more privileged than women. All of their thoughts and actions have a pro-male bias whereas women are raised to consider both men and women.

Original burritos are from CD Juarez, Chihuahua, and they are named like that because the sellers had a donkey (burro) carry the nest with those tacos, and are made with various dishes inside. Those giant looking burritos with carne asada and fried potatos are the tex mex bastardization

>Whites must take a backseat role in the fight for equality. They can't be trusted to lead since they are more privileged. All of their thoughts and actions have a white bias.

Agreed.

White women need to shut the fuck up.

Only Black, Asian, Latin and Indian women should be allowed to fight for equality.

Priveliged white women need to sit the fuck down.

> White women can't be trusted to lead since they are more privileged than other women

1000% this

>Never spend dollars and rarely see them in most baja
Literally ALL of northern baja(tj, rosarito, tecate, ensenada, mexicali) use USD as currency.
Can't speak for the sourthern region but that's a barren land except for cabo

I think you were dating a chicana. They are the children of mexican immigrants. Most of them if not all are poor and uneducated people, so you may have a point there.

>White women need to shut the fuck up.
>Only Black, Asian, Latin and Indian women should be allowed to fight for equality.

1000% this.

Sort of like when white people rap...

>Sort of like when white people rap...

fuck eminem. tryinta take away the few things blacks are good at.

what next? a white basketball star?

>what next? a white basketball star?

Like this guy? I'm pretty sure I'm "blacker" than Stephen Curry and I'm Chinese.

>Like this guy? I'm pretty sure I'm "blacker" than Stephen Curry and I'm Chinese.

>these faggy filler filled burritos

>I'm "blacker" than Stephen Curry and I'm Chinese.

Pretty sure Ms. Curry is fucking some white boys on the side, cuz an Asian + Nigger don't make a baby as white as that.

white people are unironically better at rapping than black people. and at everything else. lets be honest here.

but fuck eminem, he's a fucking faggot sell out, rapping about trump 'disrespecting women' and shit. what a fucking loser. trump's more gangster than eminem.

>trumps more gangster
Fucking lol. Trumps not gangster, he's a delusional old man constantly having verbal fart attacks. He should be in a nursing home.

you're retarded if you actually believe that. get a mind of your own, loser. Fake Mind! haha.

>gangster

Actually that would be Killary

she's a gangster in the dirty, realistic sense, where horrible things are done and corruption is fed upon as the source of life.

trump is a gangster in the sense that he's a high roller, hot women, fast cars, big cribs, big life - always on top of the world, always thinking big, living large, calling shots.

trump is the ideal of the romantic, archetypal gangster, or the golden king figure who faces the enemy at the gates.

hillary is more of the batman villain type gangster, who does really nothing at all that one wouldn't feel ashamed of doing.

This, so much.
Just look at Rick Bayless, a white American who perfected the art of Mexican food better than any lazy spic ever could.
Americans take the flawed attempts of other cultures and we we fix them. We dont have that stigma of "tradition" and "le authinco" bullshit, we take an objective look at a foreign cuisine and correct the issues with it, resulting in a much better end product.
If you believe shit should never improve and evolve, then you should have stayed with Windows 3.1 but you didn't, did you? No you didn't, you're all running Windows 10, because MODERN IMPROVEMENTS, and they all happen in America, not some third world shithole.

Trans of color*

diana kennedy perfected mexican cuisine by teaching the world what it actually is

it's because america is a frontier nation with a frontier morality.

we were the last nation actually 'founded' on earth. and we are at the forefront of the journey to the stars. all through human history there has been a vein, a current of men who venture bravely into the unknown, leaving the homes and people of their cradle behind.

america is that cutting edge. and when we have established nations beyond the sphere of our first planet, america will become like all the other countries, and the new bleeding edge of mankind will lie beyond our azure skies.

There are no famous Indian restaurants run by white people. Most aren't even run by Americans.

White people have far better things to pursue than to replicate the fecal fodder of ugly brown people.

Sure, like shitposting on the internet

Shitposting is the natural right of all men.

Angry Indian detected.