people are summer funnin' outside

> people are summer funnin' outside
> tfw just inside having a little read quietly with a cup of hot coffee

What books are you reading this summer?

Are you going to read at the park? Prime summertime reading spots?

Best drink to have while reading?

Any summer reading groups?

Any new releases worth checking out over the summer?

Summer vacation/reading plans?

Happy Summertime btw love from OP, thank u

Cup of water, windows open to catch the breeze, sitting back in a chair with a long novel. I don't even want to read a lot this summer, but I'm thinking I'm going to dive into Les Miserables. Something lengthy and powerful but accessible enough that I don't find it mentally exhausting.

Current plan is to spend the summer focused on Russian and Chinese non-fiction, alongside reading Moby Dick.

Always pair books with water + coffee.

In french or english? Abridged or not?

As for me, I have quite a stack to read and I will read and explore the city a bit this summer.

Summer can be miserable for me. A sense of anxiety for me is the longer days, the light that never seems to change when the afternoon comes. I feel like hours pass and the sun stays in the same spot in the sky, and it's hot and there's no escape from it and it steals the night. It's like I'm stuck on some Beckett stage and it makes me so uncomfortable.

Sometimes its nice though, but rarely.

Will also read Moby-Dick with Veeky Forums

I'm gonna read in the goddamn park while drinking iced tea. This summer it's Moby Dick to be once and for all done with my Melville phase. Then I'm going to read the Bibble, because this goddamn chick I'm dating says it's essential, and because Herman won't shut up about it. After Melville the Americans novelists are pretty much irrelevant shit, so I'm going to focus on Modern poetry and revisit Eliot, Pound, Auden, Yeats, etc. I'll follow the allusions and get a nice classics reading roadmap for the rest of the summer.

I'm older now, and I realize I wasted so much of my goddamn life on these post-modern hacks. So it's back to the core, to the artists who cared more about truth than about their immortality.

I have some friends. Maybe we'll read together.

I'm going to Amsterdam.

None of your goddamn business.

>What books are you reading this summer?
I plan to start reading À la recherche du temps perdu in July after I move to my new place.

>Are you going to read at the park?
Yes

>Prime summertime reading spots?
Best spot for me is somewhere where you can hear water but where there is not a lot of people. Kinda hard to find since I live in a big city.

>Best drink to have while reading?
If outside, homemade oolong iced tea or lemonade without sugar during the day.
Gin tonic during the late afternoon/evening.

If inside, I simply drink water.

>Any summer reading groups?
Not really, I just share books with 2 of my coworkers.

>Summer vacation/reading plans?
Not really.

my anxiety prevents me from reading in public because i feel like people are looking at me. i only read at home. makes any kind of journey boring because if i read i get anxious or i get motion sick.

Currently reading the Bible. So far 2 Chronicles is just 1 Kings but skipping over Solomon's fuck ups. Looking forward to getting to the stuff about the kingdom of Judah and the exile.

Everyone seems to be reading Moby Dick here, so I am too. May as well, it's free.

For non-fiction I'll be reading Heirs To Forgotten Kingdoms, about ancient religious communities that have survived in the middle east.

>I'm going to Amsterdam.
Unless you like muslims and boredom I'd advise you to change your holiday plans.

damn user you are literally me. I wonder how this shit is called.

Summer depression is a thing. I think it might be some anxiety shifting, where I just blame the sun and light for other shit. But there's no arguing that light is of an abundance and night is scarce so if you prefer the night you're just out of luck.

Not the same user, but I'm a night owl. I feel the same way. The sun and heat are oppressive.

>where I just blame the sun and light for other shit
Mersault's reincarnation posting right here on our board?

absurdist themes about

Not him, but also planning an Amsterdam trip with the boys

Is it really that bad? Even for just a couple of days?

If you have a modicum of interest in art history, it's endlessly fascinating.

If you're a 19-year-old /pol/tist with crippling insecurity and no substantial interests, then no.

user's bullshitting you. You'll probably get high and do nothing, but you don't need to worry about Muslims. Warning you to stay away from crackhead looking black people would probably be a better Veeky Forums tourist guide, but Amsterdam is pretty cool. There's a gin museum with all the art museums if one of your faggot friends drags you down to museumplein.

Nah I'm just fucking. If you go to places like the reich's museum, the van gogh house or the anne frank house you'll have a good time.
But I'll be straight it definitely is full of muslims and blacks and going to coffeeshops will get boring after a while.

>muslims
most of those are roma dressed as muslims m9.

when does the group start?

>van gogh house
are you confusing the van gogh museum with rembrant house? they're both worth visiting. rijksmuseum too. the history of amsterdam museum is fucking huge which is boring for normalfags but history faggots probably want to spend half a day there

phew dont need to cancel the flights then

>What books are you reading this summer?
my copy of The Remains of the Day have been designated for summer for some time. I also have a vague plan to go on a several day long hiking trip with my Kobo and read KJV on it

>Best drink to have while reading?
coffee and water. but white wine is awefully nice during the summer

>Summer vacation/reading plans?
no concrete ones no