Was Artemis Fowl popular in the US?

Was Artemis Fowl popular in the US?

i read them and i am from the us :)

Are it fame also in the Russia

For sure. Lots of people read them. I think interest dwindled after the third or forth, though. Maybe I simply noticed that because I was in high school by the time the others came out.

i enjoyed the series, kinda wish Artemis got some elf tail....

They were pretty popular but interest definitely died out after the lost colony. I think we all stopped caring about it when we realized that Artemis was never going to be with the qt elf girl Holly or w/e her name was. The guy could magically do anything except getting a girl, apparently.

He was 12 and she was like 80 when they first met. There's no way Eoin could've pulled off a stunt like that.

I remember in elementary school they had them in the school library

so i guess so

American here. They looked long and intimidating, and I've never heard of anyone else reading them so I figured they were meh or bad. I never read them as a result.

idk if they were famous but i read most of them as a kid

tfw no Butler

ye it stopped bein gud after #4. also that one where it was under water and there were two of him was rlly just poo

iirc it originally wasn't underwater but the cover artist saw a title with Atlantis in and decided to draw a cover with Artemis in the sea
instead of changing the cover Colfer just rewrote the novel to be underwater which is fucking bizarre

??? there's got to be a misunderstanding in whatever you read

For me it was the Opal Deception.

I remember they were pretty big. Boys liked them, it was one of the last YA series that boys wanted to read. Eragon came next and then after that nothing.

Read them until the fourth then lost interest/aged out (also apparently they got shitty afterwards)

They were bretty gud from what I remember. Fun characters, good worldbuilding, crazy plots. Definitely underrated and it's too bad they didn't get big, I would've been on board for a movie.

also this

Yeah, I read them all in elementary school

Percy Jackson was/is extremely popular.

Oh okay. I wasn't sure if that was a boys series or not, never read it.

Yeah I'm in the US and read them when I was 12. They were shite even then.

First is the best, with them getting a little worse until 3, a drop to 4, then utter shit after that.

First book is 8/10 for a 12 year old tho

I'm 23 and American. I fucking loved them, I got them as soon as they came out, starting with the third one. I loved the Alex Rider books too.

Yes, popular enough that I read them before I got into sci-fi and started getting into books that my peers had never heard of.

>tfw you'll never experience the joy of reading your favorite childhood books for the first time again

Godammit I just want to read some Alex Rider, Artemis Fowl, Eragon, Gregor the Overlander, Percy Jackson

I remember reading Gregor the Overlander in elementary school. I really loved that one. I remember dreaming about being with the qt girl with purple eyes.

>ywn read Foundation for the first time again
>Every time you reread Asimov you will cringe at how bad his prose is while you remember how interested you were in the underlying concepts at play the first time you read the story
>ywn be captivated by abstract logical arguments about the laws of robotics or free trade expounded by two-dimensional characters like you were when you were 13
>ywn watch a Star Wars movie uncritically again
>ywn read a Star Wars EU book uncritically again

What about this spicy meatball?

Absolutely loved them. I actually still have the first one, since like fifth grade.

Those were the BOMB.

Well, I never read the second Eragon book until now and it sucks such balls I couldn't make it past the first few pages.

>tfw I will never be bored shitless at school again to find escape in reading

I remember reading Eragon when it came out and I was in 2nd grade. I absolutely loved it. Then I read Eldest in 5th grade when it came out and I could already tell that it was garbage. I read the third one when it came out, but I never did read the 4th one.