Continental philosophy

I have Just finished being and time and i would like to read more or continental philosophy. What do you guys advice ? Is Derrida any good?

> I ve already read husserl, Heidegger and sartre

>more of* continental

Read Wittgenstein first

For Derrida? No.

Just pick a primer on Saussure.

Op here, I m on the analitical side myself, im trying to read something different

Leave continental is shit

>please recommend me hack pseudo intellectual fucktards
Continental babies are literally shat on by analytic philosophers. Just look at all philosophy departments, it's all analytic. The only faggots employing the continental analysis are gender studies departments and other bullshit non-fields.

And if you're angry because of this post do proceed to kill yourself you disgusting continental worm.

What you've read so far has all been in the phenomenological tradition, as is Derrida. I'd recommend philosophers like Bergson, Foucault, and maybe Deleuze for different things.

nick land

I agree with this user, adding Baudrillard.
If you like history and anthropology with a continental bent, you may also enjoy the works of Carlo Ginzburg and Ernesto De Martino (though I'm not sure how extensively the latter has been translated). Italy has a great tradition in human sciences during the twentieth century, it's a shame the only people known abroad are memefied mummies like Evola.

You really need an hug

Ty, translation is not a problem im italian

what about my works, user?

Then you can read Giorgio Agamben too if you wanted a post-Heideggerian writer.

Try his Homo Sacer.

Bene - ti consiglio di cominciare da Ginzburg, il formaggio e i vermi seguito da storia notturna. De Martino è più esoterico e complesso, ma molto più soddisfacente da un punto di vista teoretico.

Siccome non si trovano spesso user italiani letterati, hai letto Giorgio Manganelli? Penso sia il più grande prosatore italiano degli ultimi duecento anni.

Ma sono filosofi?

Storici (intellettuali) entrambi, il terzo è uno scrittore incredibilmente idiosincratico

not him (i'm italian too) and i've found much easier to read Agamben in english than italian. Also there's a lot of commentaries on his works on the internet in english

>I have Just finished being and time
>I ve already read husserl, Heidegger and sartre
then just fuck off of this board, nobody reads here

Why don't you read real philosophy instead? That is, nothing that was ever penned by a Frenchman or a German.

Remember to sage all philosophy threads. They don't belong on this board and manage to make this shitty board even worse.

t. an*lytic

Wittgenstein and Derrida have strange affinities

Bump