What if potatoes didn't have skin and you could eat them instantly instead of having to peel them and wait for the...

What if potatoes didn't have skin and you could eat them instantly instead of having to peel them and wait for the water heat up and boil them and fry them before you can add them to your meal?

So, an apple?

But if potatos don't have skin all the water would fall out though.

>peeling potatoes
Never ever not ever. The peel is the tastiest part. Everything potato based tastes better with peels included.

I never peel. Just wash and possibly peel off any bad looking parts.

>Not cooking members of the nightshade family

It's like you want to be somewhat poisoned.

you can eat raw potatoes nigga

>It's like you want to be somewhat poisoned.

It's like you have terrible reading comprehension.

Yeah, no. Puree with skin bits in it? No thanks.

Only peel potatoes if they're green.

but they taste much better cooked, either with oil as a roast potato/jacket potato or mashed with butter.

you shouldn't

Next best thing is a good steaming apparatus, cook a whole bunch and stuff in the fridge for the week user it's what I do.

t. foodlet
the skin is the best part, all the rest is just near-flavorless filler

I almost never peel potatoes. The skin adds flavor and texture.

if you're eating the skin,make sure they're organic

...what about mash potatoes? do people really eat mash potatoes with the skin? also don't you have to scrub the skin of any dirt?

bitch if you peel the potatoes before mashing you just get a uniform bland mash. the skin adds so much in flavor and texture, you're missing out if you haven't had skin-on mashed potatoes

I rarely peel potatoes; when I do, they have green spots or something. This thread just gave me an idea for using a small lathe to peel potatoes more quickly. Need to look on Google and see if they exist.

Like precooked, canned...

Skin-on mashed potatoes are the only way to go user. You should be using yukon golds, or at least redskins. You can dip down to russets if you have to.

Will you be my girlfriend?