At work last Friday...

At work last Friday, my coworker was talking about how happy he was that his mother was visiting on the weekend because she was making her "special lasagna recipe". He talked about it at length and I told him lasagna is rather simple to make and I couldn't see it being that "special".

Today, he brought in leftover lasagna for other coworkers and gave me 1/4 of a piece he gave them so that I would, "know why it is special".

It tasted like generic lasagna. He asked me how it tasted and had an almost triumphant expression. Knowing the answer, I asked him if she made her own sauce and pasta. He said no, but she spices and customizes it herself.

I then asked him how he considered it her "special recipe" when she basically assembled pre-made, store-bought ingredients. He tried to hide it, but it was obvious he was upset and realized that I had won this time. He avoided eye contact when he walked past my desk 10 minutes ago. I definitely won.

This experience has gotten me thinking: what do you consider home-made? Obviously I would not expect someone to grow and mill their own flour to make pasta, but there is an obvious medium between that and throwing together processed foods and calling it your "special recipe".

Discuss.

Brotip: it is not the food that matters, what matters is that his mother visited him and cooked for him, even if it was just the most generic lasagna that ypu can think about.

"My mums special lasagne" is code for her pussy. If you weren't a beta retard from redit you would know that. He hates you, your parents hate you, everyone hates you.

youre an insensitive, petty faggot with snobbish tendancies over something as basic as lasagne

By the way, what's up with coworkers sharing food with you?
Is this common in your workplace?
Last time a coworker shared food with me it was like 4 years ago and it was a gummy bear

This pasta is fucking stale. And bad. It's a shittier version of the Irish stew guy.

New.

i dont have an encyclopaedic knowledge of pasta

lurk more faggot

are you the irish stew guy?

I make my own pasta because I have the time and ressources to do so. I like to cook everything.
I have home grown tomatoes but just a few so I just add one or two of them to my sauce and other tomates are bought at the market.
I don't use pre-made ground beef. I buy aroung 2.5kg of ribeye that I beat then grind with some egg yolk, cream, salt, pepper, onion and garlic.

I tend to consider it home-made as long as you don't use a pre-made dish that you modify a bit. If you buy the ingredients, that's it.

Things that never happened. Why are all of you internet people such Liars? This is why people don't like you all in real life.

>I definitely won.

At what? being a homo?

I like your style. Post more autism.

so many newplebs ITT

>buy noodles, parlsey and a can of tuna
>cook the noodles and mix everything
that's homecooked
>buy premade chili
>add corn, beans, bell pepper or whatever and serve with rice
not homecooked even though it takes more preparation than the above

I appreciate that this pasta is about actual pasta.

So you're basically an inconsiderate, rude pos who took a piss on someone's enjoyment out of sheer malice -- someone who actually put food on a plate just for you. What a fucking wanky thing to do.

I'm not OP but why would you assume it was malice?

People often accuse me of doing things "out of malice" when there was never a bad thought in my mind at all. For example, in this case: isn't OP simply pointing out an error? One person claimed the food was special and homemade. The other realized that it was not. Isn't that just correcting a mistake? Where does the "malice" part come from? If OP was malicious, then wouldn't he/she be actively insulting the person, etc? I don't see any insults, rudeness, etc, here. It's simply correcting a mistake. What's malicious about that?

Because they "won", user. Their observation didn't better anyone's life, didn't make the kind co-worker feel good. Quite the opposite, they took a huge dump on someone's happiness. And they think they "won". That right there is malice.

>noodles
Retard.

Recognizing that your theory was, in fact, correct is malicious? That makes no sense at all. It's an evaluation of accuracy, nothing more.

I would argue it comes down to motivation, and that can show us there was no malice involved. If OP hated his co-worker and wanted to "take a dump on his happiness" there would be far more effective ways to do so. This just sounds like someone making a dubious claim and OP correctly seeing through it. I'm also not sure how pointing out an error would "take a dump on someone's happiness" in the first place. Do people really get offended so easily that criticism is taken as an insult?

>I definitely won

well arent you a box of sunshine

this

if op wanted to be malicious hed have said something like
>your grandma is a shit cook and i hope she dies in a fire

this is just recoginizing an error and pointing it out. perhaps he wasnt tactful about it but there is no malice here

Life is a zero sum game. For you to win, others must invariably lose.

I traveled to some smallish town for temporary work once and the people were all friendly and during my first week took me out to lunch at the local pizza place everyone considered THE BEST PIZZA. Well the pizza sucked. I mean it was fucking awful and they all wanted me to like it so much, but i told them in nicer words that it was disgusting shit. They got so offended and actually took it as a personal insult.

i hope they made you pay for everyone

Malicious is intentionally taking action knowing it will have a bad result, truthful or not.

I believe you mean harm, not "bad result".

By your pathetically sophomoric "definition", a surgeon is malicious because, despite saving a patient's life, they caused harm in the form of trauma to the body.

Maybe you should go to school and spend a few years readying diverse literature before gracing us with your obtuse discourse.

"Just saying".

It was special because his mother made it for him with love and he loves his mother back. There's more to the appeal of a food than the basic physical ingredients, that was his mother's special lasagna, don't fuck that up for him or you'll be fucking with a man's relationship with his mother.

>t. Italian-American with Oedipus complex.

Actually a middle Eastern son who greatly enjoys his mother's cooking.

Why are you so desperate to deprive your co-worker of the joy of his mother's cooking?

No. Just admit you acted maliciously.

>Actually a middle Eastern son
kek I was actually about to write this instead of Italian-American, then I thought about compromising with "ethnic minority" or something like that, but stuck with Italian-American.

Middle Eastern men have weird relationships with their mothers. Their fathers are basically not around or show little affection/effort in rearing children, and their mothers treat them like little princes. Combined with being insulated from contact with non-family members of the opposite sex, plus a healthy dose of religious/socially-dictated guilt and misogyny, and you've got a deeply-disturbed mama's boy with an Oedipus complex.

But no, you just "enjoy your mother's cooking". That's why she will make your lunch for you every day until you move out at the ripe age of 37, when you marry a woman who will become a surrogate mother, whether she likes it or not.

Just don't cry out, "mama!!!" during intercourse.

Who here makes proper bechamel lasagna instead of just throwing a pile of mozzarella on it?

where's the irish stew one. and there' s got to be another one too

autism

OP is a bit of a cunt. the point is that a normal person would just let it go and let the coworker have his enjoyment. if coworker asked for OP's opinion, it's fine to be honest. it actually was a bit malicious to shit on the co-worker's good time. of course one of the biggest problems with autists is failing to recognize social cues.

also i'd like to point out that despite being such an amazing chef and so knowledgeable about food OP is obviously not a chef and just an average wagecuck