Why doesn't reddit like out top 100 charts?

Why doesn't reddit like out top 100 charts?

Does user "ApollosCrow" speak for the general concensus of that entire website?

Quite a burden to shoulder.

That post wasn't even that bad until he, for whatever reason just had to take a stab at white males for liking white male authors.

The last sentence prove he is an anti-intellectual closed-minded bigot.

It's a pretty accurate assessment desu
though using white male as a pseudo insult is kind of dumb
the post doesn't say the books aren't worth reading, just that they aren't representative of our diverse world
Is the lack of diversity a bad thing? Maybe, but not inherently. The books on the list are generally pretty well regarded, safe choices, but there's a chance we're missing out on something great from another culture if we only focus on the list.

But who the fuck cares. Let's get mad at reddit

Why do you care about what reddit thinks?

This is the essensce of Reddit, "I'm better than everyone else and everyone had to know it".

Isn't that pretty much the essence of this board as well?

he's kind of right desu
our top 100 isn't very good

It's the essence of being human. It's called ego.

Reddit has no room to complain though, their top 100 has King and Harry Potter

Also the essence of your post.

Yeah, but any aggregate top 100 is gonna be like that. At least hitchhikers guide to the galaxy isn't #1 - the same can't be said about a certain other website's list

This person is right (except for the white-male as a derogatory term americanism).
These lists prevent exploration. You should read different things to discover what kinds of things you like, and then proceed in that direction while avoiding the bad literature.
These lists keep everybody reading the same things.

It's pretty good, a good mix of readable, more entry-level (while still serious and worthy) literature and deeper, more inaccesible books

At least we're honest with ourselves
Reddit has way too much overintellectualisation, they think they're incredibly smart for making a really obvious or really dumb (often wrong) conclusion. We have the opposite problem in that we often reduce great works to memes.

not even that bad of a comment

>image board for english speakers
>"why do they talk mostly about literature written in english?"

>Going to plebbit
Sage this thread.

A wise user once said that Reddit is idiots pretending to be intellectuals whereas Veeky Forums is intellectuals pretending to be idiots.

Fucking white males. When will they stop?

>great works to memes
good
ulysses ought to be ingrained in my children with memetic warfare

Tfw the memes are what got me to start reading Joyce in the first place and now he's my favorite writer.

The memes on this board can definitelty be useful.

does someone have the 2017 list?

First they ruined politics, now they're ruining literature.

This would be true if this list was meant to be used as a guide, but it is not. It is just a list of favorites, anyone would would use this list as a guide instead of exploring literature on their own is a fool. I also don't think that diversity should be a factor of quality at all in a communities favorite list.

Right here