I am bored all the time and i am tired of living. nothing feels new or exciting...

i am bored all the time and i am tired of living. nothing feels new or exciting. even reading which was one of my only joys has grown dry. all literature just seems like domestic drama devoid of adventure or excitement, devoted to discussing vague ideas like history or just kinda boring drama. is there any literature that would help me. i really liked the divine comedy cause new things happened in it all the time, i also really like greek theater and drama for the same reason.

go for a run

try video games

i do run and i hate video games they are mostly boring too

It sounds like you read for the plot. Consider looking into the works of James Patterson.

why is it pleb to want something other than a long conversation about the nature of some philosophical view also greek theater and the divine comedy aren't plebian at all

Become orthodox

Read nonfiction, pleb

i am an orthodox. nonfiction is really good idea

If you only read the divine comedy for plot than you're something far worse than a pleb.

Time to take the Vajra pill and go full Dzogchen yogi.

i don't i liked the dialogue too but it complemented the plot and story structure. why exactly is it so revolting to like a story for more than prose. plot, symbols, imagery, reference, and style are important too

also i read moby dick and don quixote were really good too as they backed idea discussion with real things happening

have you read houellebecq's submission?

funny thing i am actually reading that now is huysman good for what i am looking for it sounds like stuff happens in against nature but i don't know

i haven't started it yet but from what i understand, one of houellebecq's main points is how literature and philosophy have just become soap dramas for mildly intelligent people, with no real life effects or any real emotion. just thought it would fit

it sounds more like you are just tired of the world of ideas. you may be orthodox but you should look into meditation.... i'm not sure if your practice contains anything like it but i feel like it's the only way to get out of the world of ideas and into reality.

i like the world of ideas but they all seem like rehashed or reused ideas. we do have many practice like that and i do them often (fasting, prayer and the like

is huysman even worth reading in English

the same way most everything material is just a combination of hydrogen or carbon, all ideas come from just a few basic thoughts. getting at the root of these thoughts and finding out what you really want is what you gotta do. anyway, boredom is just a feeling like any other... part of being mature is learning to how to deal with it. try not to think so hard... you might just need to rotate your activities. listen to music. as a kid, when i told my parents i was bored they made me do chores, which is a habit i continue... whenever you're bored you might as well get something done in the stupor. do some mundane stuff.

Sounds like you're bored consuming yet too lazy to create anything of value.

Congratulations on being the embodiment of every Veeky Forums basement dweller.

that was unnecessarily harsh, you could have just said try creating something new if you are bored with what already is. it is still a good point but there is no need to be mean

Same feels, do you live in Northern Chile by any chance?

no, no i do not

>it sounds like stuff happens in against nature but i don't know
bruh is this a joke? literally nothing happens in that novel, it's just descriptions of his apartment

i have never read it but thanks for telling me. i am reading canto general (finished submission today) and i am really enjoying it. most of my favorite works are epic poems maybe i should explore that more

Read IJ

Get into art film

Egoistic stagnation. Try practicing shamatha. Try looking at yourself from a third person. Try realizing that life is great and you are given a great gift by living. Do everything to move outside of your comfort zone as possible. You are being strangled by your own reality because you only see your own reality.

Once you see how much you don't know, how much you don't perceive, and how much there is, you will probably break out of this spell. Then all aspects of Art will breath new meaning and life.

You suffer because you want to.

i like art films but where do i even get them. i tried netflix, video stores and shit where can i actually watch these movies.

Your brain is failing to produce dopamine

i suppose that is the case in scientific terms. you must go on reddit a lot

Read Dumas.

Shit like that legitimately makes a huge difference though. Fixes in diet are strongly correlated with reduced depression symptoms etc for example. Your moment-to-moment experience is undoubtedly influenced by your chemical (im)balance

The guy's right you know... Maybe you should learn to meditate OP, learn to see the goodness all around you in nature and be gracious for the life you have been given.

i am not ungrateful. you are right maybe i should be more grateful. i should have focused more on books. books are becoming a little duller to me

You are depressed. Sounds maybe like massive depressive disorder. Get on some ssri - clear you right up.

> ssri
>clear you right up.

you mean make him impotent

i already take ssri my dick works but it causes me nothing but grief honestly sometimes i wish i were impotent.

Legally, get a subscription to filmstruck, which has all the TCM and Criterion stuff.

Illegally, just pirate it.

>greek theater and drama
Did you read all of it? Try reading, perhaps in a different translation. Then teach yourself Greek, that should keep you busy for a while. If you're already done that, get to Latin, then Sanskrit. I haven't done any of those things; the upside to that is the comfort I get knowing I will probably never get bored again before I die.

i don't know if this is really doable for you but when i was younger i'd basically just live out of my car, read all day, and try to contextualize the experience in some way. like if i was on moby dick i'd read, reread, go crab fishing, and then reread it again. plus i think some of your frustration is that you can't find stories that you like which generally means that you're ripe enough to start making stuff you do like. so start writing.

you are are really nice and are helping a lot thank you.

mubi is better and cheaper than filmstruck

healthy diet + regular exercise maybe some psychedelics of you're open to that

time to kill yourself pseud

the tao te ching, some zen koans, the dhammapada and the bhagavad gita

in some order

Do you have a pet?

The only thing that gives meaning to my life is making my bunny comfy.

When he's happy I feel a light shining in my soul.

Follow your greatest excitement, my friend.

iktf