When the fuck did we get a new top 100? What is this?

When the fuck did we get a new top 100? What is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/quickrundown
imgur.com/gallery/ngExKHr
imgur.com/gallery/WiiJX08/new
warosu.org/lit/?offset=96&ghost=yes&task=search&search_text=wuxia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pic related

nvm im retarded i didnt see the thread

Yeah there was a thread not too long ago. First time I've seen the new list, though. Glad that we managed to get Ulysses back to its rightful #1 spot. Also interesting to see how much IJ has fallen out of favor.

Ulysses was #1 last year too.

Was it? I guess I forgot. I took a break from this board for the better part of last year.

The second half of the list is questionable, but the first 20-30 books are pretty solid for the most part. Kinda shocked that Portrait of the artist isn't even on there, considering it's better than Dubliners.

>infinite jest #54
yesterday.... all my troubles seemed so far away

>Three Body Problem made it.
>Blindsight didn't.

>There was a study done on people from Veeky Forums where they found out that most people over there are highly educated people who basically got left behind in the new economy due to not living on the coasts.

lold

what did they mean by this?

>this board is filled with plebs who go on r/books
>what's worse, they think they speak for us and self-identify as "Veeky Forums"

holy shit the redditor invasion is real

You're just now realizing this? Most people on this board don't even like reading.

Thats one of the only good things about this chart. Its a stale meme that Redditors circle jerk around. Its not even that good.

Yes, I read the entire thing.

How is Three Body Problem, have you read it?
It got a Hugo i think, but i've disliked some of the "award-winning" stuff coming out these days

They're not wrong

It's no secret this board is flooded with plebbitors. It's the only board they don't get triggered on, unless some /pol/tard rocks up.

Prove it.

/pol/ is reddit now

>It's got a lot of interesting stuff, a lot of American postmodernism and japanese lit

What did they mean by this?

I wouldn't know.

>In Search of Lost Time #49

Has anyone here actually read past Swann's Way? Anyone read all seven volumes?

This list is fucking great for it being a collective work.

>for it being a collective work
oh dear, don't tell him guys

Who do you think populates the fantasy generals and the booktuber bullshit threads?

>It's got a lot of interesting stuff, a lot of American postmodernism

we are one, we are many
WE
ARE
LEGION

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I'd buy that album

Who cares.. I voted the meme trilogy 3 times and I haven't even read any of them. I've only read 3 books in the last 2 years

I just realized that every expression in this picture is gold

>still very few women and minorities
based

>The Aeneid is on the list
>But neither the Illiad or the Odyssey are to be seen
I'm triggered.

are you blind senpai

>actually reading the greeks

lol its meant to be a meme not a guide

I'm at 21. Time to step it up...

>AK at 4 even though 99% of people here hate half the story

to be fair most people on Veeky Forums are more video game people than book people

It's not a new top 100, it's a fake.

Fuck this chart honestly, why would we make one so early? The other one was only done at September/ October 2016, so give it a while and we should do a proper one which is up for a while at the same time this year.

Why no philosophy? Why no Elric?

I hate plebbit

kek

>reddit.com/user/quickrundown

imgur.com/gallery/ngExKHr

The comments are the worst

'Sup, Plebbit

They are. Not about the educated thing, but about the coasts thing. No idea where they got that from. Most people here aren't even americans.

>that woman mad that half the list isn't female
>those nerds upset their favorite sci-fi isn't there
>those kids who don't actually read mad the book they read in middle school aren't there
>the people that say "lol that's all boring stuff"

>dubliners
>1922

To be fair the new list is total garbage. Filled with weeb garbage. The older lists were better.

>Portrait of the artist isn't even on there, considering it's better than Dubliners.
Wew lad

It's not a new list. It was faked. Stayed up only for a few days and votes were not displayed.

Is this the power of plebbit?

i remember when that was posted, i used to be on imgur a lot.
they got jealous and made their own list and it was THE WORST
it was based on upvotes so #1 was The Very Hungry Caterpiller and the rest were pleb-tier sci-fi shit.
i stopped going on imgur after that

this is what they came up with

imgur.com/gallery/WiiJX08/new

>Holes
>look it up
>from 98
>book cover looks like an attempt at a memepic

desu holes was a great book for kids. it came out when i was in 6th grade and i loved it back then.
that being said, it certainly doesnt belong on any best of list for anyone over 12.

i didn't vote in it so it's invalid

much like the previous charts though, it's FINE and has loads of good books on it

It's number nine you illiterate. And Vergil was fucking brilliant, I'm sick of all these psueds reading shit translations and thinking they know dick

>#1 was The Very Hungry Caterpillar
This made me laugh out loud.

it made me really sad when it happened because i used to be really into Imgur and after that happened I questioned the kind of people i was spending my time with and stopped going there altogether.

>calling people "Reddit" ironically while on Reddit

Is he implying the Divine Comedy is long and unintelligible to decipher? It's really short and straightforward. Pretty much just lists people and how they got to Hell, Purgatory and Heaven.

>Infinite Jest under some genre-shit like Gene Wolfe
I HURT MYSELF TODAY
TO SEE IF I STILL FEEL
I FOCUS ON THE PAIN
THE ONLY THING THAT'S REAL

Why? Why does it matter if an author is a woman or not?

>wuxia novels
What the fuck are those doing there

what
which one?

Deer and the cauldron #100. Not even one of the best Jin Yong books. I would have put The Smiling, Proud Wanderer on there if anything.

deer book is the only one with a readable English translation

Not sure why whoever made the list would put a Wuxia novel on there in the first place if they can't even read Chinese. May as well just watch the tv drama adaptions instead.

it was voted in by people who have only read that one cause the others aren't available? idk

Wuxia novels have no business being in any list

Come on, nobody here voted for that book. I have never seen anyone on this board talk about Wuxia novels. You're going to tell me that enough people voted for Deer and the cauldron for it to get on the list over other classics like Portrait?

It's a list the discord made. It's worth nothing

warosu.org/lit/?offset=96&ghost=yes&task=search&search_text=wuxia

hundreds of hits baka. lurk more

Oh I agree with you. Jin Yong's Wuxia novels are the best in the genre, but they do not at all belong on this list. Xiaoao Jianghu and Return of the Condor Heroes actually are pretty great works of literature though.

> Xiaoao Jianghu and Return of the Condor Heroes actually are pretty great works of literature though.
I think they're pretty good too

you haven't read any baka

>all those meme contemporary books
Lame

I've read Jin Yong's novels and they're not that good.

You need to go back to China

I'm so sorry that I didn't see one of the hundred or so Wuxia/chinese lit threads that have been on this board. I wouldn't have a problem with that particular wuxia book being on the chart if I thought it was legitimate. It's definitely better than a lot of the books on that chart.

The Deer and the Cauldron sucks. If it was Return of the Condor Heroes on the list instead I wouldn't complain

Oh, I agree with you. It's very lackluster compared to some of his other books. It's just understandable that that one would be chosen due to nobody on this board being able to read Chinese.

no you haven't

tell me about the wuxia

why does he wear the robe?

>Euripides above Aeschylus and Sophocles

absolute heresy

It would be very painful if he didn't

it channels his chi so he can focus it in his solar plexus and then shoot it out of his eyes in laser form. kinda like superman

Euripides is more commonly taught in high school which is probably why he's more popular here

he's a big guy

For you.

The robes symbolize flowing water if I remember correctly.

When did we get a new list?
Also, where's Nietzsche on this list. Thus Spoke Zarathustra, at least, should be one it. (Am I blind??)
>Euripides ahead of Sophocles
What the heck!

? I always thought Sophocles, specifically Oedipus Rex, is the most commonly taught one?

Did you even bother to read the thread? It's fake

>implying more than 5 people on this board have read zettels traum

>implying a single person on Veeky Forums has actually ""read"" zettels traum
It requires studying an inhumane amount of material to even begin grasping it, let alone fully analyzing. You can safely assume nobody you've ever talked to has ever read and understood it.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GTFO OF Veeky Forums REDDIT

this

>posts reddit frog

I read a couple pages of it back when the translation came out and noped the fuck out of that. It looks interesting, though. I'd love to read it one day.