He reads e-books

>He reads e-books

>discussing a book with someone
>find out they read it on an e-book
>realized how much time I just wasted
e-book users should have a fucking pin saying "I use e-books, feel free to bully me"

>not having 10000000 carefully curated ebooks ready for the apocalypse

cant wait to use them to barter

>doesn't read e-books
now thats what I call good goy

>current year
>still reading tree killing, door stopping garbage

Get a paperwhite autists.

>le literary lifestyle :D

Reading it as an ebook is the same as reading it printed.
I am even willing to argue that listening to an audio book is very much the same.
You can appreciate all the skill the author put in either way, the only thing you miss is the skill the editor put, which is often next to zero.
When was the last book that made good use of the page turning mechanic of printed books, to get an emotion out of you? On the other side, in an audio book, you also appreciate the skill of the actor reading.

Basically stop being muh so old and so classy hipster and grow up.

Hmph! There's nothing wrong with using e-books!!

I read ebooks every day and I'm proud of it, I use my money for other important stuff and I'm think I'm smarter than you

>the only thing you miss is the skill the editor put, which is often next to zero.

I can understand an argument for ebooks, but none for audio reading beyond accessibility.

printed reading is much more /comfy/ and far less annoying. there is nothing compared to holding the words and having a place for them on a shelf. you need to learn to read, I fear

>any book i want for free without having to leave my room.

Feels good man, you should try it.

Anime posters should be permabanned

I can do both, because the medium isn't important, the message and delivery is.
An audio book has the message, and the same delivery the author wrote, and it has the extra lawyer of acting to it. Its literally book+, and I become more and more in favor of it.

I can read an ebook while traveling, listen to an audio book at the gym while doing cardio or at home doing cleanup, and read a printed book in my bed in the evening. I feel sorry for all the elitist wannabe neo-aristocrats who collect paper thinking they are hot shit and somehow classy or philosophical or whatever. Silly materialists choosing the most expensive and wasteful in resources and space way to consume a text.

Won't be of use when the apocalypse is triggered by a solar flare that fried all electric systems on earth

>paperwhite
amazon shill pls go

>literally pseud: the post
>you need to learn to read, I fear
Tell next person you meet to kick you in the shin really hard.

>posh, at least an argument
you know I have never given an audio book a real shot, it's a complete matter of personal preference. it sounds like '40 year old men who don't read' shit, still

>nothing but banter, literally a faggot

Theres a lot of books that dont exist in e format, but if it does you might aswell go digital.

I prefer physical books but I can read an ebook at work or in class without being super obvious about it.

you're all pretentious as fuck if you're anti-ebooks
>have access to 1000s of books
>read at the gym
>read while driving
>read in bed

>read while driving

>banter
It wasn't. I quite directly called you a insufferable pseudointellectual retard. Now fuck off and kys yourself.

>he reads

>/comfy/

So this is an actual argument huh? Feels like book advocates are just being pretentious twats, what's the point of reading a book if no one knows you're reading a book and you don't have a bookshelf to display said book you've totally read?

I'll take that shit either way. I actually prefer ebooks at this point since they fit conveniently on my phone and are ready whenever I feel like.

I use e-books, and I understand the appeal of printed, but being a twat about it just makes me wanna kick you in the ribs

This is obviously bait. I can do my reading on a fucking papyrus scroll for all I care as long as It's accessible. But you all know this for fucks sake, who the hell could be against ereaders when they are so helpful. A brainlet is a brainlet no matter the medium.

>I'm think I'm smarter than you
ironic

I prefer scrolling down to turning pages

If it were possible to get physical scrolls instead of books, I would do it. It is the superior way to read, move the whole text up and down, no pages.

Yes, I do. I get them for free when I torrent them. It allows me to read way more than I would otherwise considering I am poor and the mearest library is quote a ways away. I get my physical books secondhand.

>Carry 100s of books at a time
this is nice
e-readers are 10/10
not that I read 100 books at a time, but I don't have to worry about it
In fact, I usually only keep 5-6 books at a time on it, so that I can stay focused, and change them out around once a month, maybe 6 weeks

>Veeky Forums
>2017
>this discussion
You are not a serious board.

>When was the last book that made good use of the page turning mechanic of printed books, to get an emotion out of you?
>he's never gone through the life changing experience of Captain Underpants's patented Flip-O-Rama!