Is it really that bad of a book?

Is it really that bad of a book?

Yes.

nobody has ever read it so why ask
hopefully this thread will earn some lucky r/Veeky Forums user lots of upvotes

It's bad if you consider the consequences of the ideas it contains

It's not bad, it's just dumb.

did you read it in english or arabic?

Reading it in sandsquiggles doesn't help when the content is a load of rubbish.

I skimmed the wikipedia article and it was boring as shit

brian herbert tier sequel

Literally no ones read it here, including me. Break the cycle of ignorance

Yes. Incoherent bullshit masquerading as ""poetry"".

Qur'an is for pedophiles but garbage tier. Read Lolita or The Collector.

If you want a better ideology but not Christianity read Ayn Rand Or L. Ron Hubbard

Read the first book in it when I was a wee lad. It was boring, manipulative and scary. Felt like bible fan-fiction written for a death cult.

>masquerading as ""poetry"".
muslims praise it for it's "rhetorical devices and literary miracles though

REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES REMEMBER MOSES

Worst thing I've read since Everything Is Illuminated

remember that islam is a trilogy.
the Koran by itself doesn't make any sense.
Gotta read the Sira and Hadith.

>the best book in all of human history
>literally given to us by God
>sublime poetry
>best advice
>the depth of wisdom and theology

"Is it really that bad"

user, please. God is closer to you than your jugular vein. He created you and formed you. Are you really going to be convinced by shaitan's simplistic, worldly opinion of God's Word?

This is a thinly veiled anti-Muslim thread on the literature board.

“‘Verily, I am going to place mankind generations after generations on earth.’ They (the angels) said: ‘Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, while we glorify You with praises and thanks and sanctify You?’ God said: ‘I know that which you do not know." --2:30-33

You were too young to understand it at the time. Re-read it and think deeply about every word you speak from it. It is a word uttered by God.

>"I'm going to make mankind."
>"Are you going to make assholes too?"
>"Uh. Just chill, I got this."

Not really, but any book ascribed to God is essentially meaningless.

It's how this religion deals with the problem of evil. God knows what we don't. People sometimes get screwed over, but we really don't have the god-tier knowledge to truly know what the purpose of evil-doing is in the world.

top kek. cool system faggot. really compelling shit sweetie.

op, check out ayn rand, charles dawkins and william gaddis

Would they really lie about it if they actually believed it was given to them by God though?

>God knows what we don't.
>we really don't have the god-tier knowledge to truly know what the purpose of evil-doing is in the world.
This seems to be the case with quite a few faiths. But I'm sure Islam is for reals.

Pre-Islamic poetry is objectively better.

Source: I'm fluent in Arabic.

>believe in 1 God, be good to people, give charity, pray, have faith.

Much better than

>believe in 3 gods, sins can only be forgiven through human sacrifice, you're at fault for killing god, you can't even THINK about committing sin, you have to pray to the son of God...who is actually God...who is actually a spirit-thing?

Or...

>don't believe in god, seek your own selfish interests, live for nothing, find meaning in nothing, die without critically examining your surroundings beyond the material level

Name your favorite pre-Islamic poem?

Seems like almost the whole of the arab world disagrees with you and has had complete confidence that the Qur'an is better for centuries.

B R A I N L E T
R
A
I
N
L
E
T

Saul of Tarsus corrupted the Injeel, man xD

Don't fall for those lies. There's just 1 God, not 3 in 1. That's Hinduism, bro.

>believe in 1 God, be good to people, give charity, pray, have faith.
>Implying these attributes belong exclusively to Islam.

>believe in 3 gods, sins can only be forgiven through human sacrifice, you're at fault for killing god, you can't even THINK about committing sin, you have to pray to the son of God...who is actually God...who is actually a spirit-thing?
Did I propose this?

>don't believe in god, seek your own selfish interests, live for nothing, find meaning in nothing,
I didn't propose this either.

>die without critically examining your surroundings beyond the material level
In this post it's implied to just trust in God. Don't question this, just believe. That's no less shallow a thought process.

These qualities aren't exclusive to Islam, but they're emphasized the most in Islam. Religions like Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism, Sikhism, Jainism, Buddhism, etc. all have hints of prophetic virtue, but also show that with time they have deviated or become corrupted in a number of ways. It doesn't mean that these religions are completely outright "wrong" or that their adherents will go to hell, only that Islam gets it more correctly, given that the emphasis is 1 God and good deeds are a primary task.

The point of that verse isn't just "trust in God", but also "you aren't God." By creating a society where everyone recognizes something greater than themselves (God) and this being is beyond materialization (no idols, avatars, or sons of god), the logical consequence is for that society to adhere to correct principles which will near them to God and to a godly understanding of things. It's a verse that acknowledges the lowly nature of human beings and that even the greatest among us won't have all the answers.

>but they're emphasized the most in Islam.
>the most
Oh really? The evidence of this is where?
> they have deviated or become corrupted in a number of ways
So there are hasn't been splintering of Islam since Mohammed's death?
>The point of that verse isn't just "trust in God", but also "you aren't God."
A great deal of other faiths emphasise this. You live in a world of billions and think this is somehow profound?
You are extremely arrogant to think Islam does any better a job than so many other faiths.