Reminder that this is the only epic fantasy series worth reading. Bayaz is the best and should win

Reminder that this is the only epic fantasy series worth reading. Bayaz is the best and should win.

>Bayaz is the best
I think you misunderstood the series

Gurkish Empire 4 lyfe, add kebab to premises

but seriously, I'm listening to it through for the second time, and I push it on all my friends. I think it's the characters that set it above generic fantasy.

On a random note, I realized the second time around that the maker's tower is capable of time travel. And Yulwei and Tolumei were left locked up in there. I can picture those two forming an alliance against Bayaz and coming back with a vengeance.

It's fun with good characters, sub par setting and some good ideas, very enjoyable.

>tfw no qt hard drinking gf who marries me even if I'm an ugly cripple

>implying Bayaz did anything wrong

Yeah, I thought the setting was a little disappointing in quality, given how high everything else was (characters, themes, etc.)

>the maker's tower is capable of time travel.

Care to elaborate? Or is this part of the novels he did outside of first law?

Joe Abercrombie is a shit writer. I don't mean that in general, I mean shit compared to other fantasy writers.

Is it actually good or is OP only meme'ing?

He is meme'ing in a way. It's modern pulp, no more no less. Kinda like Eddings and Howard had a baby.

It's entertaining, and most of the PoV characters are likeable.

Out of the entire series, "Best Served Cold" is the probably the most entertaining.

It's fun. But most of the characters are unlikable, and it's ultimately shallow and only good for passing the time.

The Prince of Nothing remains the only good fantasy series done recently, even though the characters in that are even worse.

>But most of the characters are unlikable
Wow, you literally failed to understand a pulpy fantasy series, congrats.

>the only epic fantasy series worth reading
The only fantasy worth reading is Tolkien, Wolfe and LeGuin. Everything else is derivative trash.

>that font

dropped

I don't care? I just stated that they were unlikable. And they were.

> fantasy
> worth reading

>Reminder that this is the only epic fantasy series worth reading
right
>Bayaz is the best and should win.
dead wrong
also, The Heroes is the best book in the series

Its boring and the prose is hot garbage. Next.

Is Sharp Ends worth a read?

It's ok. Half the short stories are about the lives of two new characters JAC never wrote about before. Otherwise most of the tie-ins are to Best Cood Served