Can we have a barbecue thread?

Can we have a barbecue thread?

We cant
/thread

slabs of meat covered in sugary ketchup isn't barbecue

Not necessarily. It could be slabs of barbecue with a second rate sauce poured over it.

Well then by all means user, show me what barbecue is.

yes, it is.

absolutely. lose the sauce, though.

and where is the white bread to sop up all the greasy goodness?

It's at at the top, user...

meat should be pulled and in a vinegar sauce

oh, and not try to be pretentious

fuck me. too many beers :/

>restaurants serving bbq with slices of white bread
FUCKING STOP THIS
its not good bread, stop serving it, get something good.
the worst thing about bbq is how the texture of everything on your plate is mush, its like if someone figured out how to give english food a good flavor.

they try to be no frills but there's a difference between rustic and hillbilly
shit yall, it aint bbq if it aint not served on butcher paper. Fuck off cletus, give me a plate.

That's fair, I prefer a vinegar based sauce too. As long as it's not too sweet I can deal with the type in OP though, too.

It's there.

I prefer Texas toast with my barbecue.

Yeah, to an extent I agree. The OP pic is from Goode Co, so it's a jalapeƱo cheddar slice of bread. As long as they didn't just buy some hfcs shit bread from a walmart, I'm probably okay with it.

yeah, i saw it after the fact

i'm in texas....we just call it toast

Anyone have any good mustard based BBQ sauce recipes? I always thought it sounded interesting but I've never tried it.

>Goode Co
Fuck that terrible coonass food.

not op. houstonfag here. goode company was actually good bbq back in the 90s. they're expensive as fuck and overrated now.

the best bbq in tx is in the austin lockhart area now. Kruez's in lockhart is my goat

>filename
my fucking man. North Carolina till i die, wilbers till i die. Nahunta Pork Center greatest of all time ima die for this shit

what's the diff between bbq and grilling?

Get out.

>bbq
you put your retarded head in the smoke and die
>grilling
shove ur face against the metal and die

bbq=low heat and long cook time usually with a hardwood for heat source

grilling=higher heat and shorter cook time. usually uses propane or butane as heat source

There was a brisket thread around a week ago that died too soon. The rub and fixings suggested worked quite well, possibly a bit on the salty end but I also did a sous vide cook after the brine which tends to bring that out.

I'm from Texas, too, and have never heard Texas toast just called toast.

you ain't a real texan

I assume that you eat calf fries with gravy and biscuits for breakfast?

Here's some pork ribs I did awhile back. I did an overnight dry rub of salt, brown sugar, garlic, cayenne powder, ground coriander seed and paprika. Smoked for 2 hours and basted with 1/2 cider vinegar, apple juice, vegetable oil and mustard every 30 minutes for the last 3 hours. Pic is one of the bastings. Fucking delicious shit, mang.

Leftovers for dinner.

You're a fucking fag. Regular toast is regular toast. Texas toast is called Texas toast.

You directed that at the wrong one. I've never heard Texas toast referred to only as toast.

I can see how if you are in a restaurant that only serves Texas toast, the waitresses might refer to it that way.

But nobody is going into a restaurant and ordering toast expecting Texas toast unless they are a regular and the waitresses or waiters will know that they mean Texas toast.

I've literally never heard of mustard based bbq sauce.

It's mostly found in South Carolina, which is the worst Carolina so naturally it's kind of disgusting.

It sounds good you shit-taste faggot, I was just saying I've never even heard of it.

>kraft singles
>covered in ketchup
Plz be bait

Well, it takes a shitload of time to get one done, no wonder they don't get a lot of attention. I do mine Texas style and just rub it with salt and pepper, but my ratios are different because most rub recipes call for equal parts s&p; I do 3 parts coarsely ground pepper and 2 parts salt. I don't like mine too salty even if I am going to slice them.
Meat prepping... I don't have a pellet based smoker so I definitely want to reduce the meat-sitting time, so what I do is split the brisket into its two muscles, the point and the flat, making sure that when I split them by cutting into the fat that divides them, that the fat stays on the flat as opposed to the point. The point already has lots of fat on it and when you smoke the whole thing the flat side. By splitting them you get the chance for both muscles to have fat on them, reducing the direct exposure to the hot gases, at least on one side, the bottom side, which is where the heat source is located. If the flat is too big, I'll cut it in half to reduce the cooking time. Some of these cuts come with a lot of fat on them, and although fat can be flavorful, too much of it is unnecessary, so I always try to trim down the fat to about 1/4" thick. You don't want the fat to be so thick, anyway, as you want the salt and pepper to dig into the meat.

I don't inject the meat. If you want moist meat, cook it at the right temperature or buy better quality meat (more fat marbling). The point has more fat in it and tends to be done quicker. I don't like a hard crust, so I wrap it in butcher paper when the meat reaches the stall (~165F), the paper helps trap moisture somewhat and increases the cooking process by trapping all more heat. The flat has less fat in it and tends to be drier, so when I reach the stall, I wrap it in aluminum to preserve moisture and cook faster.

Using a thermometer I check for doneness at ~195F and then physically check the texture by poking the meat and making sure its soft but not shredded.

black pepper/chili powder/red pepper flakes/salt, 1:1 ratio of tomato paste and brown sugar (like a tablespoon of each if you were making a pint but it was more or less to taste), and apple cider vinegar.

Looks absolutely fucking disgusting.

You think that is bad? Alabama has "white sauce" a mayonnaise based BBQ sauce. As heretic as mustard and clear vinegar sauces are, they almost get a pass thanks to those inbred cousinfuckers.

who the fuck does that? the only bread I've ever gotten at a barbecue restraunt is cornbread, or hushpuppies if you want to count that.

>Looks

>As heretic as mustard and clear vinegar sauces are

Absolutely plebian. Enjoy your red sugar sauce.

Vinegar sauces make the best pulled pork. Fight me.

>restraunt

>Square yellow product
Shiggy

North Americans don't get barbecue.
Over cooked meat slathered in corn syrup sauce ain't barbecue.
t. Argentina

Yum yum pigs bum

Fuck off, you don't know shit about smoking meats

hope you're still here or come back, what was the exact measurments for the basting sauce? I just got a pellet smoker and did some ribs with an overnight rub of something relatively similar to yours, then basted it once every hour for the last 3 hours as well, but with a Williams bros mustard suce and it came out just a touch too salty, but other than that it was incredible, best I've ever had. I worry that the mustard sauce was too salty for it to be basting so much so i'd like to try your vinegar sauce.

I used 1/2 c vinegar, 1/2 c apple juice, 1 TBS oil, and 1 TBS yellow mustard. I didn't add any salt to it at all because I figured there was plenty in the rub.

>take sugar ketchup bbq sauce
>add honey to it
why

i got a boner

because sweet+savory tastes good?
autist

nice. saved

looks real nice. i don't have any pics of the last ones i smoked, and i'm pretty sure i've posted the old pic enough already.