Tfw you fell for the smartphone meme and it has obliterated your reading time

>tfw you fell for the smartphone meme and it has obliterated your reading time

Other urls found in this thread:

lifehacker.com/5869666/how-to-turn-your-dumbphone-into-a-smartphone-using-nothing-but-sms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sell it and get a flip phone, faggot.

You can't go back

i want to do this shit, but like having maps and all that. how do i get a phone that can do everything an iphone can except text and call

It's called an ipad

What I did was download an app that blocks access to other apps and then lock its password (a long string of randomly generated numbers) in a safe located in a place I can't access conveniently access.

Doing this has allows me to write for three hours every day and finish at least one book every week

Get a GPS for your vehicle, or if you're an urbanfag, get a tablet for navigation and such. It's easier to turn off and put away a tablet than it is your phone, which you might need for work or emergencies or however you justify being plugged into the matrix 24/7.

you carry around a tablet? do ipods have cell services?

Do something about it, faggot

You can get data plans for some tablets, not sure if the iPod touch is part of that. I have big pockets and usually carry some kind of bag, and keeping it in a bag keeps me from impulsively misusing it.

For my tablet, I just use wifi whenever I need it and I keep a GPS and paper maps in my work van.

i have a smart phone and i find it utterly pointless for the most part. i enjoy having a small browser i can pull up and quickly google things on, i like having my email pop up as it comes in, and i like weather at a glance, but other than that cellphone culture is so mindless. Social media is asinine, and "apps" and games tend to be little more than Skinner boxes.

>falling for this pleb meme

You'll never make it. Never had a smart phone, never will. Absolute patrician.

Life is about how you spend your limited time. Your ancestors lived perfectly fine without the internet or a phone. Break your contract, clear your head, get rebalanced. I promise that it's worth it.

It is not difficult to turn off your phone

do you also drive the mystery mobile

Nah, I just end up in a lot of areas where there's no cell reception, so I have a GPS, and I've had my GPS fail (I've burned through a couple of USB power adapters) so I carry paper maps. I've had passengers insist on using their phones to navigate only to have to switch over to my luddite methods.

That's because you've realised that books are inferior to browsing Veeky Forums

Otherwise why would any of us be here?

>Otherwise why would any of us be here?
Browsing Veeky Forums is a lesser commitment and an easier distraction to just fall into, but it isn't a superior experience--we just lack the will or the reason to leave here.

we just have weak addictive personalities and a longing for social validation, dont attribute greatness to your bad habits.

once my phone breaks, my parents kick me off their plan, or i finish my postgraduate education i plan on abandoning smartphone life.

lifehacker.com/5869666/how-to-turn-your-dumbphone-into-a-smartphone-using-nothing-but-sms

Friendly reminder that I could have done this at ANY point in time, that phone is a fabrication, it is damning evidence, and I will use it as such. No amount of damage control can change this fact.