What is Shakespeare's most superior tragedy?

What is Shakespeare's most superior tragedy?

Pic unrelated. I just wanted to share some Leddit.

why did you feel necessary to post that pseud nonsense by someone who didnt have the self awareness to pick up a dictionary before being public with their stupidity?

Holy fuck that pic is rage-inducing. I thought I had seen some bad stuff from Reddit already, but that one is really as pseud as it gets. I definitely don't think that Bloom is a final authority on literature, but to disregard the notion that something can be a masterpiece is absolutely retarded and ignorant.

My vote goes for Hamlet. It's just really hard to beat.

>2017
>being' 'triggered

KING LEAR

it would be between Hamlet and Lear, others need not apply

I wasn't triggered, but I do have a burning hatred for everything that that picture embodies.

what are the parameters for a masterpiece

>i wasn't triggered i was triggered

Not him, but I think it all boils down to being rly good.

anglo detected

we all know you guys have cultural autism, but you dont have to systematize EVERYTHING

Literary "scholars" don't understand that people like Bloom specifically because he doesn't contribute to "contemporary literary debates." He is interested in form and aesthetics, not moral browbeating, progressive evangelism, and intellectual posturing.

Titus Andronicus

A work being a masterpiece is qualitative, not quantitative. It marks the evolution of an individual from a practitioner of an art to a position of greater experience and control. You can only really define it retroactively, but considering that its a statement on growth and experience, that's not a bad thing
>inb4 durrrr but expression gotta be quantitatively graded muh art objectivism hurrr

t. someone whose only experience of literary studies are shitposting on Veeky Forums and articles posted on /pol/

This. These people don't want to participate in intellectual competition or pit their ideas against others', so they slink back under the obfuscating cover of intellectual nihilism.

>you can objectively assess whether a work of art is a masterpiece or not
>don't ask for objective criteria or you're dum and stupid haha
>here's a greentext as an argument

That's not really true. I mean I admit I don't formally study literature for reasons I mentioned in my post (it's incredibly easy, I have an actual degree in a field that requires an IQ above 115, a lot of it is blatant propaganda written by and for leftist pseuds who resent their daddies), but I've read several Norton anthologies which included a couple hundred pages of introductory literary criticism and I have a basic familiarity with critics like Daniel Albright. I appreciate beauty and the study of its craft, but that's not what's going on in many universities today.

>literature study is incredibly easy
Opinion descarted.

>field that requires an IQ above 115
[citation needed]

So you haven't experienced it except indirectly and filtered and also are biased against it, and yet you claim to know exactly what happens and how. Your IQ is truly above 115, bro.

Objectively speaking, it is.

>it doesnt count unless you're paying some Marxist to fart in your face
>if you dont feel xir hot gas against your lips, it doesnt count

Thabks for confirming what I said, dumbass.

Thanks for confirming what I said, retard

Guys i have this book but im not sure whether to read summarys or first read all his plays in raw texts (and thus not spoil all the plays).

What do i do? Read all summaries first or read plays text by text?

checked
plays first of course

Fugg. I dont have access to any of his txt plays. Is it really that bad reading all the summaries? I only have this book

Othello and even Macbeth are superior in structure to Hamlet and Lear. They hold tension better for sure, but the latter two are better works of art overall for their philosophy and their characters and their insights and their flow and god knows what else.

it's not "that bad" but do you really have that little self control?

Self control for what

I'd say Othello is slightly better than Macbeth structurally, simply because of Iago.

>I dont have access to any of his txt plays

They are free on the internet. There are even some scholarly editions on libgen. Have resourcefulnes. C'mon, man.

I agree. The tension is present from nearly the beginning. It's a fun read.

that you can't wait to read something until later

I dont like reading on the internet. I only like handheld books. I get what you are saying man. But i cant read internet.

True. This books been on my shelf for ages. I want to dip into classical stuff ASAP.

>But i cant read internet.

Then buy them off from Amazon or BookDepository. Or print them. Seriously, it sounds like you are making up excuses.

Have you tried e-readers?

>Hamlet = Lear > Julius Caesar > Macbeth > Othello = R&J > Everything else

O-O-OBJECTIVE FACT