ITT: male gaze novelists

every time a girl is introduced in any of his novels
>her beauty entrances me I'm overcome with a powerful mysterious feeling

just say you wanna fuck them you stupid japanese pervert

Reminds me of this one parody I saw where the woman gets a long 2-3 paragraph description and then the guy gets a single line to the effect of "he was wearing a brown suit."

Why do bitches love him then?

because he presents precocious young girls blossoming into mysterious women who are desired and yearned for, and wimpy beta males who follow them wherever they go, without question.

kawabata is like that too. snow country is full of similar descriptions
probably a japanese thing

>I can smell her moisture from the bedroom, creating something bothersome in my trousers.
>I step into the bedroom to see her naked figure spread across the matress, the light of two moons shining through the window reflected off the wisp of her pubic hair.
>She holds out her arms for me to hold her as I undress.
>When I fall into her she whispers in my ear:
>"D'yaaa like jaaaazzzz"

Why not just horny novelists? It's not any different for female novelists and their gaze of men.

Nothing wrong with that unless you make eye contact. We all do it.

This man, in my country, etcetc.

One of the most triggering things for me when I'm reading a novel. If a woman is introduced only for the author to go on and on about how beautiful and sexy she is I just drop it.

I don't care about the feminist shit. I just think it's dumb and transparent.

The worst thing about it is you can almost see behind the descriptions of his female characters Murakami himself quenching his mommy complex.

What really bothers me is his weird obsession with 20-something bachelors that can cook for themselves. His books are so spartan, but then he writes 2-5 pages worth of text just on what the protagonist is preparing for dinner. Why?

He's been lauded as "a champion of the mundane" so...

It's a cultural thing. In Japan food preparation is an almost religious ritual which is enjoyed as an art. I'm not an expert on Japanese culture but I've been told they did not have a word for art as we do before Western contact. There was just craft which is mastered and very beautiful both in its results and its techniques. Think also about tea ceremonies which celebrate the preparing of the tea more so than the consumption.

I read one of his books once and it fucking sucked, but at the same time I instantly understood his appeal. His target audience is 5'9" brown-eyed skeleton boys who listen to shoegaze, like Wes Anderson, and jerk off to girls they know on the facebook.

When somebody tells me "I like Murakami" I instantly file them away as somebody to be wary about.

japanese people are indeed spooked as fuck about food

I live in Japan and nobody ever shuts the fuck up about food. My coworkers always ask me what I cooked for dinner the night before and my answer is always the same (I am autistic and don't care about food and eat the same meal three times a day for raw nutrients.) My stupid vaginigger gf also sends me pics of her meals and I don't care at all

The saddest thing of all is that this inane bourgie practice has caught on in the west as well. Now I have my fucking nu male brother also sending me pics of food. It's completely vulgar

this is a great post

Is this an attempt to use as many hideos internet-neologisms as possibile?

Who is hideo and what are his neologisms?

there's cool surrealism/magical realism in his stuff I don't really find anywhere else but his characters definitely never feel like real people. More like what a horny male wishes he could be and could meet.

>More like what a horny male wishes he could be and could meet

This.

>Norwegian Wood
>MC acts bland, passive, never does anything assertive or confrontational
>never pursues or charms a girl beyond literally showing up and being bland
>not witty, not particularly interesting, not bold, not driven
>basically just a good listener with no strong opinions
>sleeps with 5 or 6 different women by the end of the book

aight, bruh.

So what you're telling me is all of his MCs post on Veeky Forums?