What do you think of the pleb vs. patrician spectrum? Does it actually exist or is it just Veeky Forums elitism?

What do you think of the pleb vs. patrician spectrum? Does it actually exist or is it just Veeky Forums elitism?

If it does exist, how do you communicate that to people who are only interested in video games and superhero flicks?

>How do you communicate that to people who are only interested in video games and superhero flicks?

Why would you want to?

Plebs are smart people who don't waste their time digging deep in to social scenes in which people pretend to like the most obscure or cryptic art in order look smart, because they have better things to do, or normal people who just can't be bothered at all. Patricians are idiots pretending to be smart and cultured, whose sole goal in life is to dig deeper and deeper into obscure trash, only occasionally rewarding their humanity with something good, just so they can impress a circle of hipster faggots.

You described a pleb though, not a patrician. Being patrician is mostly something that you're born into, but people on this board don't understand the concept beyond a meme level.

>Veeky Forums elitism
"Culture" has been used to convey status long before this site was created and will continue to do so long after it dies desu.

why use terms like pleb and patrician when what you are referring to is biological inferiority.

yes some people are literally, biologically, empirically observably, stupider than others.

Don't interact with them, they're happy to watch mediocre stuff because they were born this way, mostly. Don't waste your time or their happiness.

>hurrrr your just reading yuge books to impress ppl

Culture conveys zero status in today's world. Almost no one cares if you've read the Greeks or know all the operas of Wagner. Go rent a Ferrari if you want to impress the ladies.

and no, before you ask, it has nothing to do with race. its as random as manlets. some people are born brainlets, or induced to be brainlets.

>how do you communicate that to people who are only interested in video games and superhero flicks?
you dont. put on a fake smile and breeze by

Veeky Forums is intellectuals acting like idiots. Reddit is idiots acting like intellectuals.

Not that we don't have our own idiots, but ours are at least articulate idiots.

>Veeky Forums is intellectuals acting like idiots. Reddit is idiots acting like intellectuals.

damn

this

the Veeky Forums ''elitism'' is a fucking joke

>culture conveys zero status in today's world
of course it does

both high culture and pop culture can bring you status, especially if you are rich with both

>Almost no one cares if you've read the Greeks or know all the operas of Wagner
same would happen if i had read kylie jenners biography or knew every single song from pitbull

>Go rent a Ferrari if you want to impress the ladies.
of course money is giving you status but so does culture

I just wish there was a way to get people into good art when you see so many of them becoming disenchanted because they're floundering around with unfulfilling bullshit.

lose the messiah complex it will only disappoint you

>unironically trying to argue what defines someone as 'pleb' or 'patrician'

stop being such tribal autists

>Veeky Forums is intellectuals acting like idiots. Reddit is idiots acting like intellectuals.

Don't lie to me or youself, Veeky Forums is a shithole. It's for idiots acting like idiots. Reddit is also idiots acting like idiots, except they exist within an existential circlejerk of denying their idiocy. 4chans big seller is that we can atleast admit to ourselves that the people on it are fucking stupid. Reddit believes every post is it's own snowflake, except for the ones the admins decided were not appropriate for discussion (had different opinions)

Veeky Forums is openly troubled individuals, reddit is denial?

>Veeky Forums is intellectuals
Is this your first month here?

Nah, I genuinely think that there are a lot of intelligent people on Veeky Forums with unique and interesting perspectives. Reddit might have more users, but they're pretty much all saying the same thing.

I don't know if seeing things differently makes you smart, but it does make you different.

I came in '07 so I'll always be a newfag.

There is no spectrum. There's just memeing autistic teenagers and NEETs who try to give some deeper meaning and sense of achievement to consuming media, as this is literally the only thing they do in life.

I wouldn't say troubled individuals, although there definitely is a demographic of that here. But reddit is almost certainly denial.
You can get shit on almost if not just as hard on Veeky Forums for having different opinions as you do on reddit. But at least here you have people openly expressing their opinions compared to reddits almost literal hivemind. On top of that reddit has user accounts that track your posts and uboats, only encouraging the system. On Veeky Forums you can be a stupid faggot one thread and a genius the next.

>You can get shit on almost if not just as hard on Veeky Forums for having different opinions as you do on reddit
As a bit of a communist who posts on /pol/, I definitely agree with this.

But the Veeky Forums system actually highlights dissenting views instead of hiding them, in its own dumb way. Sure, 99% of the replies you get are just variations on "fuck off" in whatever the meme of the month is, but even that is better than the quiet consignment to the footnotes that you get on Reddit. Meanwhile, it also means the chances of you getting the rare, but extant, good discussion are higher. And the lurkers benefit too from having something worth reading put in their face.

I mean just look at /pol/ - from being Trump supporters, the worm is now turning to being Trump critics as the elation of victory wears off and the annoyance of being accused of being a "shill" starts to bite in the userbase for voicing sincere concerns. It's not there yet, but Trump mania will be over on /pol/ soon. On r/the_donald, which began as a /pol/ colony, the mods enforce the party line with draconian power and ruthless efficiency.

I think Veeky Forums does contribute to building more rounded perspectives. You cannot avoid controversy on /pol/, whereas Reddit goes out of its way to hide controversy even from those seeking it.

>On Veeky Forums you can be a stupid faggot
This is where this sentence ends for 90% of users. There's very little difference between Reddit and Veeky Forums when looking for genuine discussion nowadays. You'll have to paddle through endless rivers of shit whether it's meekly generic opinions and shitty puns on reddit or extra edgy memetext posts in here.

An unfortunate truth. I personally believe it's just reddit users coming in and using Veeky Forums as a "dumping ground" of sorts. Places like r/Veeky Forums only strengthen my suspicions.

worse, its beta-normies

Plebs killed the patricians and told us lies of equality.

>normies
It's retarded faggots like you mostly. Came for the ebin robot frog memes, stayed to make every other board worse.

no i came for the monglers, gastons, and hentai

This is somewhat true. Sure, I could probably develop better taste or experience the most sublime works of art humanity has to offer if I devoted all my time to reading and understanding the canon, but don't I have better things to do? Including reading/watching things I'll enjoy that aren't necessarily patrician? At some point you have to realize that the kind of people who like James Joyce and DFW are just another kind of obsessive nerd, no different from the ones who exclusively read sci fi or devote their time to collecting stamps, not some kind of mental elite.

>and no, before you ask, it has nothing to do with race.

wrong

You seem to have constructed a world where either people are stupider than you or they are pretentious hipsters.

What about the possibility that some people are genuinely just interested in pursuing deeper art—not for street cred but for self-fulfillment?

>—
how u do that long ass hyphen

alt + 0151 my dude

Just press on hyphen twice then go back and erase the space between them.

>using alt characters in an ordinary text post
Pretentious hipster detected.

>he doesn't use emdashes in all his posts
Pleb detected

No patrician spends "all his time reading the canon", nor enjoys pleb literature more than the good one.

>video games
Bioshock is as well written as any joke you meanie.