The real idiot is the person who bought this shit book, the greater idiot is the one who actualy slugged through it

The real idiot is the person who bought this shit book, the greater idiot is the one who actualy slugged through it

The characters all suck and the plot is so weak it is nearly non existant, it could be written in a 50 page soap opera for house wives

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Dr5NsTOXAyE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we get it, you're a pleb.

I'm nervous to read this book for how strikingly similar I sound to the idiot Himself. I'm not very aware of my outward self, and don't know if I'll ever find a book that embodies my mindset. I'd hate to read this only to be subverted or disappointed, even though I'm sure it's a phenomenal book. I love Dostoevsky.

Kirilov did nothing wrong

Nastasya is the queen of Veeky Forums

Whatever you do, don't read Demons.

I'm almost finished it now, but it has been a really fucking difficult book to read. Every 10 pages there is a three page long narrator monologue/description of events which is one huge unbroken paragraph. On maybe two occasions have I come across some great philosophical dialogues, but the rest of the book has been boring as shit. Hopefully the last part after the fĂȘte will be more interesting.

jesus christ gucci mane just dropped ANOTHER album

this
Id drop everything and run off with this QT that I've known for years even though she became a huge slut and pothead, like I know she's "trash" but I just want to cleanse her like all of dostos protaganists do with their fallen lady gfs :/

That Pushkin poem is literally me

i started reading it and it seemed funny as fuck but i didn't finish cuz i only had a pdf and i wanted a paper version

ill smash yer feckin' head in mate

Stavrogin realizes the error in his nihlistic ways and cannot live with the guilt of raping that girl and ends up killing himself

I'm conflicted on The Idiot. The plot is pretty weak and I took too long to read it, so when I finally finished it, it didn't feel as momentous as it should have. My favorite character was Gavril, the guy who wants Nastasya but is a mediocrity and is worried that he should be a villain because the only way not to be mediocre is to be evil. I like when his shitty rich friends taunt him by burning money. I can relate.

Demons is a fantastic book, no idea what you're talking about. Just love that constant sense of dread, you know that something terrible is going to happen, but don't know what. Pyotr's shittiness to all living things. Stavrogin and Kirillov: "If I kill myself, I become god." Fantastic book. It's like Brothers Karamazov with that do-gooder Alyosha removed, and every character is Ivan but darker.

That's disappointing to hear. I've read Crime and Punishment, Notes from Underground, The Brothers Karamazov, and was planning on reading The Idiot next. Aside from the ones I've already read, are any of Dostoevsky's books worth reading?

JP Sarte's Nausea

The french guy on the beach

Tolstoy's Anna K

The first portion of The Idiot is one of the best things Dostoevsky ever wrote. Disregard the OP.

>The first portion
dat ending doe

Read Tolstoy instead.

Anna Karenina, War and Peace, Resurrection - all 10/10s.

anna K is literally just a soap opera
There is no philosophical content in there what so ever

Im not saying it is not well written, but its just the twilight/ harry potter of its era

yes there is, it just isn't a straightforward dialgoue like Dostoevsky does. You obviously haven't read the book.

Half the book is Levin going through a spiritual crisis. Its just as profound and thought provoking as any of Dostoevsky's books, plus its A LOT better written.

You can't be serious about anna Karenina... I don't believe you've read it

>its a Levin's farm chapter
*flips through pages*

I've read virtually everything Tolstoy's written, but thanks anyway. Anna Karenina is probably my favorite novel.

Cool. What about his other novels? Any of them worth checking out?

gucci mane + metro boomin is a match made in heaven

The Idiot is his best novel.
Prince Myshkin's birthday party made me laugh until I cried.

>muh Mowing grass and drinking peasant sop
>muh cheating women are indicative of depth
>muh milquetoast Kitty is the reward for sanctity

He was a slave rapist, you know.

>tfw your inerrant honesty will never create utter chaos amongst the degenerates with whom you keep company

>>tfw your inerrant honesty will never create utter chaos amongst the degenerates with whom you keep company

I actually know this feel.
All it takes is being autistic and getting a job with normies

Dostoevsky is at his best when you can empathise and find similarities between yourself and his protagonists. His work is very relatable.

This

Crime and Punishment made me realize how similar I was to Raskilnikov and nothing he did seemed irrational to me.

Nice audio book cover, faggot.

>le thinking you can cleanse any girls
Kys kudasai

This x2. After reading C&P, I had an epiphany about my values on existence.

>The characters all suck and the plot is so weak

you are hopelessly a pleb

I didn't have anything as dramatic as an epiphany, but certainly reading C&P and Notes From The Underground as resentful loner teenager gave me a lot to think about, and probably had a deep impact in the long run.

>Milquetoast

Never heard that word before lad. Noice.

Literally the best parts of the book. Something about Levin and his scenes were just so cozy and quaint.

the girl in the middle is kinda hot.

The reason I bought that book,and the ONLY reason I bought that book...

Is this....
youtu.be/Dr5NsTOXAyE

What's the pushkin poem you're talking about?

"The Poor Knight"

I'm reading through it right now. Just finished Part 3. I took it out of the library because I really enjoyed Crime and Punishment and it was in stock.

OP is not a faggot, this book sucks. My favourite part so far has been Part 3 with hippolite. Most of the characters are too degenerate to sympathise with, with the sole exception of the MC, who is too much of a Mary Sue.

Not only is it a long book just in terms of pages, you need to read through it relatively slowly for it to not whoosh.

>too degenerate
Kys moralfag