Why are all of his characters so autistic?

They're all ideologues.
It's basically slapstick.

because they were human. we're all cardboard cutouts but don't realize it until we're mimicked in print. it becomes all too clear.

This was put better than I would have put it.

Autist characters are more interesting then normie characters.

D E E P
E
E
P

He watched too much anime

Only introspective humans though. If you think the average Chad follows thought patterns even remotely similar to those of Raskolnikov you're dead wrong

I don't know but maybe he can cure my autism. Notes from Underground is really eye-opening.

They're 19th century Russians.

They are all neurotic; every characters in his novels suffers from some psychological illness. He wanted to probe into human psyche itself - and every character is a different state of mind, a different incarnation of a conflicted mind. This is my dumb explaination.

I refuse to believe anyone has actually finished Brothers Karamazov. I've started it three times and have gotten around 400 pages in every time before giving up. No one can sit through so much fucking 'muh religion' talk and claim to enjoy it without either being a liar or an actual autist.

I read that book when I was 17. What's your excuse?

It took me 3 months with several shorter breaks in between. The book is fucking massiv but just read one chapter a day. They are always about 30 pages. It takes it's time but it's Part of this books Magic.

>No one can sit through so much fucking 'muh religion' talk and claim to enjoy it

I bet you enjoy the works of Sam Harris

>Why are all of his characters so autistic?
There is no way to have a discussion with something that starts out like this

I wasn't able to finish it either -- when I was an adolescent. I've subsequently finished it three times. You sound incapable of self-discipline or of serious thought

true but in fairness it'd be a shit novel if all the character's thoughts were along the lines of "bruh u gotta see this vid from unilad haha its fuckin wrow sick snowboard jump dude"

i think it's just not your type, read it in a week but i think i could finish it faster now

I found it pretty engaging

Honestly, I found Raskolnikov to be the epitome of Chadness.

No, he thought he was one.

Muh religion and philosophy dialogues are the reasosn why people like it. Can you tip any harder faggot?

If Chad was suffering from student debt, sleep deprivation, poverty, and recently read beyond good and, evil, then yes, I think his thougt patterns would be very similar.

Raskolnikov is described as tall and handsome in the book, wasn't he?

Then you're fucking dumb

You lack discipline. It was my first book since I got back to reading. I didn't even find a hard book, it was so good that I actually wish there were more to it.

Rather than insulting me, why not try refuting my statement? Rodya is tall and handsome, profoundly arrogant, impulsive, attention seeking, and believes he is a supreme intellectual. Are these not the qualities of a Chad? At best we can call him a Chad pretending to be an intellectual.

the very essence of a 'Chad' (at least according to /r9k/) is that it's base and fucks around a lot

this is your mind on atheism

Not that user, but I think that if anything, Raskólnikov was an intellectual pretending to be a Chad at some point. He even realized later on that he was not exactly what he wanted to be, and that it didn't even make sense to think that way in the first place. He wanted to be something so badly that it led him to do horrible things, but it was also due to preassure and desperation, so when he understood how ridiculous his way of thinking was life hit him harder than ever before.

No it isn't. Clearly you don't browse r9k at all

Is Chad just any object of ressentiment for you?

Not really. Not the one from that post but I highly enjoy religion in literature. For me literature is escapism, I don't seek resemblance or confirmation for my personal thoughts and beliefs.

Are you the faggot who makes stephen king threads?

No, they're schizos. Camus' characters were autists.

They get through it by not being insufferable fedoras.

>supreme intellectual is chad
Wtf? Chad is supposed to be a dimwit that doesn't think highly of himself or anything and goes from point to point as though a barnyard animal.

Chad is just someone who's not ugly and autistic.

What about Razumichin?

>he can't get through required reading for 17 year old kids

if you didn't read TBK before your 17 birthday you should drop literature all together

this guy is a fresh one I can smell it

I browse /r9k/ daily. "Chads" are usually not seen as intelligent but as brutes who get laid. Though is right and the term is used for "whoever is better than me."

I like this normie acceptation meme, keep it up senpai

>Supreme intellectual is chad
you misquoted the user. He said Raskolnikov believes that he is a supreme intellectual, not that he is one.
Chads are football player types that say things like "Sup Brah?" and so on. These people are susceptible to believing that they are well rounded intelligent beings. Their arrogance often outmatches their capability.

>Favourite character in terms of dialogue
Grushenka
>Worst character in terms of dialogue
Mme. Hohlakov

What do you think anons? I haven't read all of Demons and C&P yet btw.

>I browse /r9k/ daily.

Razumikhin is a duplicitous cunt. It should've been him going to the Siberian gulag, not Rodya.

>I browse /r9k/ daily

>l browse /r9k/ daily.

>I browse /r9k/ daiIy.

>l browse /r9k/ daiIy

>l browse /r9k/ daiIy.

>I browse /r9k/ daily

>I browse /r9k/ daily

>I browse /r9k/ daily

>I browse /r9k/ daily

>I browse /r9k/ daily.

>I browse /r9k/ daily.

posting on a ebin traddle

>I browse /r9k/ daily

Svidrigailov was the actual Chad all the time and I was the actual autist. Another option: Razumikin.

>Razumikhin is a duplicitous cunt.
What?
>It should've been him going to the Siberian gulag, not Rodya.
Why?

>not browsing /r9k/

literally the font of western culture for the past 5 years

It's very quite simple really. He stole Dunya from Luzhin. He was a sniveling wretch who couldn't win the affection of a woman the proper way, by utter domination. Instead, he white knights his way into Dunya's life. He is destined for a life of servitude and constant reaffirmation. Dunya will likely hold her undeserved wealth over his head as well. This is not a preferable role for a moral man. He needs to spend some time in the Gulag to find out who he is.

no that would be /pol/

>I browse /r9k/ daily.

Raskolnikov isn't really introspective in any deep way, though. He's a moron who got high on ideas without understanding them sufficiently, a pseud.

I read it twice. Took me a few days each time. Didn't even like it that much, just enough to finish. Dostoevsky was actually good at writing page-turners, I think.

I feel like he exaggerated his characters' actions and personalities to throw light on real humans' vices and virtues. That's just how I read his work.

>Tfw you missed the chapter of Ivan's conversation with the devil.

I refuse to believe this is anything other than an attempt to get (You)s

my god his sons are ugly.

sad

>I browse /r9k/ daily.

Ivanka's neck is super long

Ivanka makes my peepee neck super long
The fuck is worng with right one. The left one could easily pass as a mexican kek. His mom and the gardener got some explaining to do

Just dont get caught up in the religion? you can read it and see how you feel about the religious aspects but it is more about life and human nature.

Today I learned that a tall Elliot Rodgers would have been Chad

>I browse /r9k/ daily

I've read it twice and plan on reading it again soon.

I am probably autistic, though.

I'm a serial procrastinator and take forever to read anything, but I always finish every Dostoevsky, no matter how long, in only a few days to a week at most. For me, there is no writer who is more engrossing.

Except Barron. He's definitely going to be a lady's man when he grow up. He's like 10 years old, and he's already almost 6 foot.

Same here. I'm listening to it on audiobook now and plan on actually rereading it soon

This is all me.

Nop, one is mine

>I browse /r9k/ daily.

>tfw read it in 2 weeks

Grushenka was fucking insufferable

>I browse /r9k/ daily.

>I browse /r9k/ daily.

>I browse /r9k/ daily.

he's criticizing their flaws and human perception of them. if they weren't messed up there would be no point to the novels