Can I have the quick rundown on this Kantbot character?

Can I have the quick rundown on this Kantbot character?

Other urls found in this thread:

jacobitemag.com/2017/05/26/chapo-traphouse-will-never-be-edgy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

some guy who shitposts who has read a book

Nothing too important. Basically his gimmick is that he points out some things about German idealist philosophers (mostly Fichte wanting to close borders and focus on domestic labour) as being vaguely like Trump wanting to build a wall and end TPP. He memes it as "completing" German idealism, in the sense that he'll put it into practice.

It's clever for one video but then you realize that he really doesn't have much to say and has shit taste in literature. Who the fuck reads Clarissa and Trollope? Old ladies, that's who.

Short answer:

He's somewhat read in Enlightenment era literature, but nothing he's reviewed sounds that interesting. Now, his presence on twitter is one of the most influential to have come from Veeky Forums, but then again it's Veeky Forums. He has nothing important to say.

Long answer:

Kantbot is a failed academic who attempts to cut his losses by pandering to dull and impressionable minds on the marginal backwaters of social media. He is mediocre in himself, and has not a single noteworthy vocal follower among those ten thousand twitheads.

A thorough read of his blog essays demonstrates that he bloviates, stumbles, meanders, and has nothing interesting to say about two of his primary topics: German intellectual culture (which he uses to add false dignity which he himself lacks), and SJW ideology.

Regarding his thoughts on German literature, it's clear he has a repressed desire to be a leader of men, to start his own Jena University, and attract landmark intellectuals, such as a Schiller of our own time. But anyone who would willingly allow themselves to be blindly led on by this clumsy, fubsy idiot, is walking into a death trap. Kantbot offers no substantial plan of action to improve on the plight of modern academic decay, and it's dubious if could act on it even if he did, which makes him yet another impotent reactionary. His situation can be embroidered with a line of Pessoa's, "I have secretly created philosophies no Kant has ever written", which is a puerile, naive sentiment, apparent from Pessoa's inability to set anything in his life in order, and an insult to Kant's profound intellectual legacy. Just as Kantbot's choice of namesake is.

As for his comments on SJWs, Kantbot misses the point in that he is among their good company. He's just not good. At all. Goethe and Schiller would have looked down on him. He fits his own description of the Nietzschean Last Man: "Nothing disgusted Goethe more than these, he had always had an aversion to both that was so well known in fact it strongly played into his suspicion that this was some kind of jest designed solely to get a reaction out of him." (“Nerdy Pursuits Through History” by Kantbot 2000). He will never accomplish his insipid delusions, of drawing great intellectuals to his flabby orbit, or even being one himself.

If you watch other videos of him in a conversational situation, you'll realize how slow he is in remembering details of intellectual topics, and the paucity of his intellectual horizons. He did not deserve to name drop German philosophers in his most well known video. He's not brilliant, and drags down Kant's name.

Will Kantbot ever recover?

ie everyone on Veeky Forums

Unlike the much superiour (you)

kantbot.exe sent to the recycle bin

kantbot fangay spotted

im the best around
nothing other than centuries old sociopolitical constraints on pedestrian life is gonna ever keep me down

>s-stop making fun of kantbot >:(

Is he really influential on twitter? I've only heard of his tweets because they were shilled here.

> If you watch other videos of him in a conversational situation, you'll realize how slow he is in remembering details of intellectual topics

This is true. I'm pretty sure he fucked Benjamin's title Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction.

lmao niiiiice

Honestly he is fairly influential on twitter. There's a lot of lame clones of people pretending to be well-read by having a corruption of a famous philosopher/author as their handle, and he started (or at least popularized) that.

This is going to turn into another frogtwitter circlejerk thread though since Veeky Forums and frogtwitter have an incredibly overlapping userbases

Can you give me examples of his influence? I'm not doubting you, only I question how trolling SJWs is influential.

I'm not sure what your question is, but trolling SJWs is not at all his thing. He's pretty separate from the like Sargon/Cernovich/PJW alt-right twitter personalities. Honestly he mostly just posts "esoteric" tweets synthesizing modern occurrences with classical arts

At least he knows how to properly use commas though

Shit, he's actually pretty funny.

epic you btfod him bro

and not very well

I don't know if you started the thread with intention of posting this text over which you have clearly labored, but boy you are jealous of Kantbot

Read his latest piece on Jacobite

>unable to address main argument, goes for punctuation which he neither understands nor practices

typical kantbot fangay

You sound upset

not an argument

Looking at his stuff now and he's pretty clever and funny. I'd rather read him than Zizek, who has nothing interesting to say and whose jokes got old a long time ago.

A-And he's reading Kolakowski now. Pretty gud.

if anything he sounds stupid enough to be kantbot himself

>thinks zizek and kantbot are clever
you obviously do not read anything important

Is this true? If so, I will read Goethe.

woah he can read a book? what an intellectual

I'm so much smarter than you, Kantbot, and his obsessed friend that upon reading Kantbot's stalker's post, I instinctively made a cost-benefit analysis of a response to his gish gallop. It was immediately apparent that if I were to address his "main argument" (i.e. the resentful musings of an envious and inferior mind) I would actually be wasting my precious brainpower instead of using it to enlighten others and create. The action of greatest social and intellectual benefit would be to craft a smug shitpost of higher value than any of your posts.

This I have accomplished with ease twice now. You're welcome.

Whatever. He's memeing Richard Spencer into reading Goethe. Better than anything Zizek has produced.

>I'm so much smarter than you, Kantbot, and his obsessed friend that upon reading Kantbot's stalker's post, I instinctively made a cost-benefit analysis of a response to his gish gallop. It was immediately apparent that if I were to address his "main argument" (i.e. the resentful musings of an envious and inferior mind) I would actually be wasting my precious brainpower instead of using it to enlighten others and create. The action of greatest social and intellectual benefit would be to craft a smug shitpost of higher value than any of your posts.

>This I have accomplished with ease twice now. You're welcome.

who cares about such reality TV bullshit

see

No it's a meme, but you should read Goethe anyway he's one of the greatest authors ever.

hes right though

This boards obsession with e-celebs is the lamest thing. youtube and e-celeb posters are generally dumb shitposters too. mods should delete these threads

how boring

i always figured those were just a lame attempts at viral marketing, but Veeky Forums is too low traffic to really pump your stats, so they're just wasting everyone's time

It's lame because it's indicative of Veeky Forums's inability to generate culture and discussion on the level of said e-celebs. Posters are forced into a schism: to actually read or to accept their literary inferiority and promote them. This being Veeky Forums, of course, actually reading is out of the question.

he's funny

get off your high-horse, you're on Veeky Forums, you are part of that which you hate

>you are part of that which you hate
Obviously, and if there was less e-celeb posting I would hate it less.

>Read his latest piece on Jacobite
was just looking at that site because of the Nick Land thread. Which article is his? None are labeled "by kantbont", is he the guy using Waverly as a psuedonym?

Oh shit that's hilarious

this is someone you admire?

the guy in the red beanie is @logo_daedalus btw. Can't fucking stand him, now he's claiming to read 100 pages per hour.

Logo is clever but cuntish.

he kinda looks like this fat bitch I accidentally punched in the face in high school

yeah, that's him

I hate him because I'm worried he's smarter than me.

Kantbot shits all over Chapo Trap House, read it here
jacobitemag.com/2017/05/26/chapo-traphouse-will-never-be-edgy/

He's certainly well read. Whether he's the erudite truthmemer he appears to believe to be is less clear

Is this a big shitpost or some serious garbage? I stopped reading after "Short answer". No way I'm gonna read such a long post in reply to a retarded fat burger who can't do anything else than bullshitting in Times Square to get attention like an anorexic whore.

The whole post is essentially "He's bad because he's bad. His favorite writers wouldn't have liked him for the aforementioned reason."

>jacobitemag.com/2017/05/26/chapo-traphouse-will-never-be-edgy/

I read this earlier before I realized it was Kantbot. All I could think about was how he seemed to be missing the bigger picture: the alt-right appropriation of the leftist countercultural strategies and attitudes. There is nothing unusual about Chapo Traphouse in a genology of drop-out leftism (starting at least with Symbolism, through Dada, Beat, Situationism, Punk, etc). What is unusual is a whole right-wing subculture that identifies itself as outsiders, as oppressed by the mainstream establishment (both neocon and neolib) and as sexual deviants and perverts. The frogtwitter ideology is so blatantly based in post-structuralist critique of society and mass-media, you could swap out phrases from Debord and Kantbot without losing much meaning.

Because of this cultural realignment, Chapo Traphouse actually has the potential to be edgy, simply because of it's marginalized state. Though let me be clear, being edgy doesn't make it necessarily interesting or good.

Thank you mate.

I was erudite and shit until my best friend cucked me with the girl I love. Now I'm a depressed little fag feeling resentful of people able to read efficiently.

Yeah his shit on color theory will blow your fucking mind.

>He's certainly well read
Because he read Hegel without understanding a single word? Fuck off, he isn't well read.

I can tell it bothers you that he has a higher IQ than you.

Fuck off retard

Touched a nerve I see

>At least he knows how to properly use commas though
You're talking about the kantbot10k guy on twitter? He's an interesting guy, but his punctuation is terrible. Every second post of his includes a comma splice. Here's a few recent examples:

"The whole can only be developed through the perfection of the part, today, with UN and EU, we abandon the part and the whole falls around us"

"Memes are a section of your mind running on the cloud, the meta-consciousness of the past was national, hyper-ego of tomorrow is digital"

"We hired crisis actors from the same company George Soros uses to helping us, great job guys you were real pros"

"Might visit D.C. on a whim this weekend, anyone want to get a coffee while I'm there?"

""Welcome my pet, this is my library, you've stumbled on me in the midst of literary study. Archie, Garfield, all the masterpieces are here""

"These are people who talk about killing Snowden and Assange, do I believe Clinton would do that?"

Not even Hegel understood Hegel.

lol was gonna post about the same thing

Only thing Hegelians (at least on Veeky Forums) can do is whine about how others misinterpreted him in ways that are so clearly incorrect.

hey it's me kantbot and can u delet this

good shit my man