I'm about to cook a curry, am I missing any ingredients?

I'm about to cook a curry, am I missing any ingredients?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k22ASVfhkQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How many scoops are you putting in your curry?

Yeah, fresh whole spices as well as vegetables. And I hope to god you're not going to cook it in that slow cooker.

Your ingredient selection seems very sparse as well. What kind of curry are you trying to make?

That glass has spices in it
I'm using bananas instead of vegetables.
I am going to make it that slow cooker

Scoops of what

>he doesn't know

I was going to put ice cream in it but it would of melted so I used chocomilk instead

are you retarded by any chance?

No, I do have autism tho

>That glass has spices in it
You have pre-ground shit tier spices. You want whole spices. Toast them on dry heat first then grind them fresh.

>>banaas instead of vegetables
your curry is going to suck. Not only for a retarded ingredient selection, but also because bananas turn to babyfood mush in a slow cooker.

>>I am going to make it that slow cooker
Why? It doesn't get hot enough to properly toast your spices or fry off your aromatics to make the base of your curry.

This is a culinary abortion.

I don't understand anything you just said

I can't fix stupid, user. I can only try.

I like slow cookers cos it's just as easy as making tendies but healthier

But they do a shitty job for curry. That renders their convenience irrelevant.

Why do you hate flavor so much?

It tastes good all the other times I made it

>I have really low standards

Gotcha. Carry on.

why are whole spices better?

The moment you grind a spice you give it a much larger surface area. That lets the aromatic chemical compounds which give aroma and flavor an opportunity to evaporate. The moment you grind a spice it begins to lose flavor rapidly. If you grind it fresh the flavor will be a lot stronger because it hasn't had that time to evaporate out.

Haven't you noticed how freshly ground black pepper is so much tastier than the pre-ground stuff? Or how coffee made from freshly ground beans is much tastier than stuff like Folger's? Same idea.

What meme is this?

This is not a meme, this is my dinner for a week

All curries made without pic related are inferior curries.

Get that oversalted canned shit outta here.

Grab a mortar and pestle instead.

>i like wasting my time trying to replicate something that is perfect to begin with
>I like to try and replicate (in america) a curry paste from thailand with ingredients from thailand, that can't be acquired in the land of burgertards
Enjoy your shit tier "curry"

>oversalted
Recipe calls for half can of curry paste. Recipe makes 12 servings. Each final serving has 10% DV sodium and no MSG.
>oversalted
>mfw i add MSG to the final dish before serving

>>something that is perfect to begin with
It's far from perfect. It's too salty, and a lot of the flavor has been lost due to the canning process.

>>that can't be acquired in the land of burgertards
Any Asian supermarket will have the required ingredients. And they'll be a fuck of a lot fresher than something that's been in a can.

>>wasting time
Takes about 20 seconds to make that paste in my blendtec.

>Each final serving has 10% DV sodium and no MSG.
Who cares about all that? My point is that it tastes too salty. There shouldn't be any salt at all in a thai paste. That would come from the fish sauce you add later in the cooking process. When you start with a salty paste like that you can't add as much fish sauce later without it becoming an even bigger salt bomb and that fucks you over on flavor as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=k22ASVfhkQU

you sound cute

thank, I have 2 other cooking videos on the channel

>all available easily
>Kaffir lime leaves, outlawed for import by the USDA in 2006
>Ginger available in America is the same as blue galangal in thailand.
Fuck off. You have no idea what you are talking about.
>blendtec
oh, i see, you're a faggot. That explains a lot.

>no salt in curry paste
You are going to add salt to the end dish anyway, and if you use a proper mortar and pestel it makes the whole grinding process go faster.

Maesri is god tier anyone that disagrees doesn't know their shit.

>fish sauce in vegetarian curry
>eating meat
Why are all meat heads retarded? Is it the saturated fats choking out your oxygen carrying capillaries in the frontal cortex?

Good job OP! I made an OC thread yesterday where I made thai red curry chicken and mushrooms and even made my curry paste from scratch and it didn't even receive 1/2 the replies you've received so far.

cos mushrooms are shit

1) Who said anything about a vegetarian curry?
2) Since when are fish and meat the same thing?

you're a veggie? Explain why you're such a lil' bitch

Because that's real food. People here don't recognize anything but tendies and 300$ table chocolate smear as food.

>bananas curry
Wut

I like bananas, so I'm putting them in my curry

I hope OP makes a thread about his making of this curry and posts the results. The potential for great OC is tremendous.

I made a video of it

It tastes good, would make again

looks like my toilet after i ate some tacobell