How do you keep your place in books?

How do you keep your place in books?

I use receipts as bookmarks

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/health/2014/10/22/common-receipt-paper-contains-bpa-study-says.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just fold the page I'm reading in half.

I write "DONE" on every page I finish

i use old socks

I don't. If I can't remember where I left off I'm obviously not doing a very good job of reading.

dried slices of this. Very cost effective. If you're hungry, boom, all set.

Semironically this

>dried
How do you think old books achieve that yellowed color if people used dry meat?

Adobe PDF reader saves my position

Those have BPAs in them. Enjoy your estrogen.

>61 dollars for a lemon

what the actual fuck?

What kind of fucking anthill grocery stores do you go to?

dollar bills are my favorite. switch to fives to encourage myself to hurry up.

Enjoy your cancer from handling carcinogenic material, cunt.

i cum on the page and flip through the pages until i notice i accidentally flipped two pages and i lick off the residue so it doesn't stick again

books without even edges make this difficult

Yep.

I don't mark my place because I'm not a dumbass.

Yeah, whatever small time. I use 1000 dollar bills. You know they haven't even made those in 30 years? I got a basement full.

See, you're going about this the wrong way. I spend half an hour or so placing five dollar bills in between every two pages before I start a book, and keep them there until I've finished any given page

My Kindle automatically keeps my place for me. Stop being poor.

>I want all my books to disappear instantly in the event of a solar flare

old concert tickets
grade school bookmarks with my picture on it
business cards
old hotel room cards

never a real bookmark

I used to have this bad ass one that was a ruler too, and it said, "You've MEASURED up in the fight against retardation! -Knights of columbus"

But the damn was really old and plastic and just fell to pieces one day.

if a solar flare destroys all electronics on the planet, I won't really be worrying about my book collection; I own guns, so I'll just take your books if I feel like it

.... Just fold the top corner of the page?

I have a pack of playing cards with horse breeds from around the world on them. I will look for a horse that is from the same country or region as the author or just reminds me of them.

For example - used the Russian Trotter for Anna Karenina by Tolstoy

Just read wherein the book opens. I am too insignificant for such concepts as "place" and "chronology".

My experience is too insignificant for such concepts as "place", "chronology" and "embarrassment" !

I used to do the same with an old pack of beavis and butthead playing cards

>he doesn't read straight through
nigga i read war n peace in 1 sitting

Folded pages/Memory for a book less than 400 pages. I use a joker playing card for longer texts.

11.5kg of lemons. Based the first Google result, the average lemon weighs 114g, so that person bought about 100 lemons. That means that it was actually about 61 cents for a lemon. Seems reasonable.

>grade school bookmarks
>never a real bookmark

Disgusting

DIDN'T I FUCKING TELL YOU TO STOP?
foxnews.com/health/2014/10/22/common-receipt-paper-contains-bpa-study-says.html

I use a picture of my dog, when I finish the book I leave it at the front. The next time I read that book I'll be able to think about what a good boy he was

business card of the person who helped me open my first checking account seven years ago.

i looked her up recently. she's a makeup artist now for television and film.

Big index cards with the lines side facing the page I'm on.

Patrician marks plated with real gold (pic doesn't do them justice)

Payslip makes a pretty good bookmark.

>fortune cookie slogans

Old baseball cards. Not even memeing

Prayer cards my mum gives me

You seem like the kind of person who brings their macbook to Starbucks so people can see your genius writing at work

I don't have to, because I can read it all in one go since I'm not a retard with the brain of a 6 year old

i can't even begin to describe to you how cringey and retarded that is.

I miss my doggo too. He was a lab as well but yellow instead of chocolate. They are good dogs, very even-tempered and calm.

Is this bait ?

your dogs sound like just as big of a faggot as you. I see why you got along.

I'm all for remembering fond memories and all, but wouldn't it also remind you everytime of your loss? I'd rather not look at the picture of a loved one so often to be honest

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all. Maybe next time you're about to say something mean on the internet you should consider the person behind the screen, who has feelings just like you.

I don't use his picture as a bookmark, it's bad enough when I see people walking yellow labs.

As soon as he's gone I'll get another, different breed though.

>I read at 300+ wpm

> His book doesn't come with a ribbon bookmark

Paperback bitch. I do use pic related when the book doesn't have one.

Who gives a shit, you fucking spergs?

I use blank notecards. I write any words I don't recognize down on one side, and I write thoughts and themes on the other. Sometimes I use the bookmarks the local bookstores give me with every book I buy. I used to always use napkins, kleenex, or anything that was laying around.

My reading habits have evolved to require paper on me at all times. I've always got two pens in a pocket at least, sometimes a red and blue one in addition to the two black, and lately a sharpie because I fucking love sharpies.

I've also taken to using microns in the margins of all my books, when I need to note take. I usually have a notebook on me for larger thoughts, an unlined pocket notebook for medium-sized thoughts that strike me, and I've been writing my name in big bold print on the inside of the cover of each book I finish. I've done this in three first-editions, a Ginsberg, a Vonnegut, and a Kerouac. I've likewise done this in innumerable other publications I've compulsively bought. I feel I'm building a collection and adding to the history of the thing. I intend to be more than self-published soon, and want to follow closely the growth in my thoughts and collection. I intend to illustrate the growth of my ideas through 'zine-like publications which I will compile and annotate, drawing connections between ideas in an ever-compounding, ever-expanding mound of interconnected works.

That's the idea at least.

But I like using index cards. They're cheap and blank and good for writing on.