Is marijuana weed the key to good writing? When I use it, all my descriptions become superior

Is marijuana weed the key to good writing? When I use it, all my descriptions become superior.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oZEivOBQ6nc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My writing speed just slows waaayyyyy down and I second guess myself way more

I find a beer or two helps a lot more but I rarely drink

Yes, all the great authors were fucking baked all the damn time. They were all bi too.

Daily reminder that you can't write genuine love into your stories if you aren't bisexual

Write stoned, edit sober. Also, write sober.

You are a delusional stoner
Anfetamin and stuff derived from it is the way to go
I reccomend bupropion

HS Thompson had to live a life full of drugs so eh could at the end of the day write his stories.

please post some of your stoned prose

I'll get bulldozed and deliver tonight for you, user

I can't promise it'll have any redeemable qualities

its the key to writing genre trash

Smoking weed puts me in a sort of mental tunnel vision, where whatever I'm thinking about is really focused and not clouded by other thoughts stuck in my short-term memory. However, I also tend to lose control of that focus as it will wander hard.

I've never tried writing while high so I can't recommend one way or the other.

Just post some shit.

I concur

Didn't Thompson once say that weed was the only drug under whose influence he couldn't write?

I kinda agree, but can you explain?

Probably. His son said basically the same thing in his book too.

Cannabis use makes you dumber. Try coffee instead.

Marijuana puts you in a different state of mind which can be useful when you're writing, but it's important to not rely on it too much. Editing is generally a good idea

drink good beer and do lines after you successfully write a chapter. After you go through an 8ball, you will look down and realize you wrote IT

Fuck man, I boot a crackball (heroin, crack, cocaine and semen) straight into my hemorrhoid before I write.

Weed definitely makes my writing shit, but it's great for coming up with premises

Joe! I thought they got you after you had Alex Jones on!

God damn that was one of the greatest pieces of media I have ever witnessed

I've heard that Juan Rulfo spend his days in his town smoking weed all the time and talking with all the old people.

That's how he got his style, he wrote stuff as they came up to his mind, so that explains the timeskips and writing style for both lit and screenplays

I haven't smoked weed in like four years, kind of crazy. I used to deal and provide insurance to a lot of other dealers. A lot changes in just a few years.

Chapter 1

but his comedy became even worse once he became a huge pot head. don;t do drugs kid if you think it going to boost creativity.

Weed on occasion in small doses E.G. small enough that you don't get fucked out of your mind can't hurt writing IMO.

Don't use these days except a few times a year when offered.

If you're really committed you won't stop with weed unless you're a pussy though. You need to get seriously addicted to some drugs so you can write about that addiction in your stories.

Ignore dude weed lmao types, weed has a certain stigma attached to it, but that doesn't mean its suddenly become useless for creative tasks.

DUDE
U
D
E

Beer makes me sleepy and usually demotivates me. How do I fix this?
Though I don't drink beer anymore anyway because I'm trying to be Veeky Forums

smash the can or bottle upside your head before imbibing it

>How do I fix this?
uh...don't drink beer. how the fuck you think?

I don't know user, okay? M-maybe a different type of beer, or eating something specific with it.

>When I use it, all my descriptions become superior.
That doesn't mean it leads to good writing, that just means ur retarded.

Are cheeseburgers the key to good writing? When I eat them, all my descriptions become superior.

Cheeseburgers are the cornerstone of great writing.

Marijuana weed works okay, but have you ever tried alcohol beer, or nicotine cigs? They work well as well.

A small dose of benzos with some beers do that for me

I get fucked up on wine and it really helps when I'm at the point of tipsy but I end up drinking too much and resort to crying about an ex who never loved me

so op basically got stoned and forgot all about writing, probably watched twin peaks.

Just drink beer, try different types, like wheat ale, or pale ale, stout... I usually drink wheat ales without eating anything, it works perfectly, twenty pages in an hour.

kek

I've got a question. I SERIOUSLY LOVE beer, like a lot, I've lived on beer and cola for a month, and beer and rice for three months, but goddammit, how do you fix beer farts? That shit's repugnant.

i'm still traumatized by this time i went to some manhattan bars in my early 20s and up on the floor with the pool table some bastard had stunk out the joint, like the whole area around the pool table smelled like shit, worse than shit, and there were just these two normie dudes and some girls and i'm like oh god i gotta get out of here but the dude i was barhopping with just seemed unfazed and sat down to watch the normies play, i'm like this is an open mezzanine how is the stench staying in the air, s m h

You stoners gotta stop comforting yourselves, artists don't need drugs/alcohol to make something , their brains are wired in a way you can't perceive unless stoned/drunk

Ok, in alcohol tier, but it'll crash you and turn you into shitty writer.

>Jaime pull up that video of that jacked pygmy marmoset in Mozambique that climbs that tree and starts throwing kettlebells at German tourists
>here we go
>look at that
>look how quickly he climbs that shit
>he's got the kettlebells hangin' off his toes as he climbs, like, the fuck?!
>oh here he goes
>he's hurlin'em fear factor style
>look at those fucking arms JESUS
>Schaub you seein' this shit?
>yessir muh man hes flexin' on'em and he keeps on keepin son GADOOSH
>fuckin Vitor Belfort TRT status man
>that's really wild geez
>the world man
>such an amazing place god

This is funny, sad and identifying at the same time.

this isn't prose but i wrote it when i was incredibly high. usually when i get high, i get a few good ideas and work off of those but this time i was the second highest I'd ever been and I couldnt hold a single thought for too long. This is it unedited:

"A tongue ofblades that scath the surface of the world
It spins and swirls and swirls the armory of the knight
Thagt hat a lying king in place of indescrption the portugese claim to the world
Delight if the lying kings that smile at the dying dumb idiot that once believed in love the 2 dollar king
The relighness of keyboards byht rh arrival of thc into thr brain the wiwndkol"

lmao oh fuck

>and swirls and swirls
M8

What will Lynch come up with next?
Maybe he'll put another annoying character in the show, maybe we'll get another uncomfortable Naomi Watts masturbation scene, or maybe we'll get more actors whose career died twenty years ago and forgot how to act outside hand soap commercials.

Hah smuggish XD

Its probably because you are old and tired.
It also happens to me (im24) BUT if i go out with friends alcohol acutally activates me. So i guess its about not being bored

Snarky

I prefer nicotine fags

When is episode five coming out?

Yes he did

No; alcohol is the key; Bukowski, King, and more wrote good books while drunk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oZEivOBQ6nc

Also, this

>Bukowski wrote good books

King wrote good books

At least he could published his books (which, by the way, were praised by critics)

This

the key is to try a little of everything, booze, crack, heroin, meth, weed, pcp, lsd, all that shit. Use it all to excess, might scare your family a little but no big deal, then just keep writing and see which works best.

He was needed at the time, but now it's just a pile of crap. I still enjoy some of his stuff, though.

>He was needed at the time

So, are you happy with the '50 shades' """""saga"""""? Or with the 'twilight' one?

He was crap, and still is, he is shitting books every year, written for war veterans and inmates.

>He was crap, and still is

Let me fix it:
"He was good, but something went wrong"

And I know what happened:
>He left alcohol

Nobody cares for this crap anymore, it was just a pop culture thing, fleeting, like a cat playing with dildo on Youtube, or any other freshest Internet meme.

bukowski was an ok writer, and you know it
what you hate so much is the army of annoying teenage fans of his

yeah, you're right. Let 5 years after his latest book fly by and nobody will give a shit again.

See? Those ""attempts"" don't last and aren't good, unlike Bukowski, which is still considered a good author which works last til' today

There are some posers, yes, but, the good thing about posers is that they don't read good authors (Bukowski uncluded); getting rid of them is easy: Ask about Bukowski's work in a detailed way, they won't know shit, you could mock them that way, and Buwokski may had been proud of that

I wrote this post on weed and it's absolute garbage

Fucking love roganposting kek

WEED
E
E
D

Only good thing he wrote was Ham on Rye. I think he could've done well aphoristically, but really, he's pretty shallow.

Well then smoke weed or don't. You won't be a better or worse writer with or without any drug.

My policy is cannabis for broad conceptual work and poetics, adderall for editing.