Food Service Employee AMA's

General thread for asking people who work in food service specific questions about the establishments you may want to know.

Coldstone employee here

AMA

Have you fantasized about fucking either Ben or Jerry.

Would you put water on your nuts and stick it to the cold top if it meant you could creampie the cutest coworker there?

my coworkers arent super attractive so I would say no

afraid not

pretty mediocre ice cream, although I used to get strawberry milkshakes with reese cups in it. It was strangely good. I used to work next to cold stone at a pizza hut AMA

>strawberry icecream

bluepilled as fuck

chocolate icecream, 2 brownies, 2 scoops of PB is the only acceptable option

sounds like a pretty basic bitch tier combo

work at McDonald's
crew member

Isn't Cold Stone the place where they have to sing if you tip?
Isn't it humiliating?

what was starting pay? How many hours you get? Is there always work to do?

they took that away and made it optional based upon the location

my manager thinks its fucking gay so we don't do that shit

I wouldn't be working there if I had to do that homo shit

they actually used to call the interviews "auditions" cause you used to have to come up with a on the spot song and dance to perform for your interview cause they wanted to make sure you would be the type of "fun" person they wanted in their store

needless to say I didnt have to do that shit cause I would have straight fucking left if I had to do some gay shit like that

what's your favorite menu item

If you really want a good milkshake try a Portillos one. They put a piece of chocolate cake in it and it is the damn best milkshake I've had.

Every time I go to cold stone I get cake batter with Butterfinger

crew members get 7.25 an hour

shift leaders get 7.50(lol)

I dont know what my manager makes but shes on salary

but tips are very good cause icecream so I can make an effective extra 6 dollars an hour (untaxed) on a usual saturday

for example on last friday I worked 7-11 and made 27 dollars in tips so that was an extra 6.75 untaxed

its a good deal with pay desu

I can get as many hours as I choose but I only do around 20 a week cause school

my shifts are always having me do some kind of task unless its oddly dead and we did all our prep work

For me, it's the mc chicken

nah but really I would say egg mc muffin combo. I like everything though

oddly enough milkshakes make me feel ill

I never get them anymore cause I cant finish them

Do they train employees to flip the ice cream scoopers around like a bartender, or do you guys just do that for tips?

I am a former student employee at one of my university's dining halls.

It's my birthday, will you sing for me?

Opinion on the Buttermilk Crispy Tenders?

I'll plan to try out the meme sauce and the rest of the sauces as I can. I found the tenders and signature sauce to be fine, but there are other places here in the South where I can get nicer tendies.

can you get me technical documentation on how they cool the slab. i need it for reasons.

Dishwasher at a high end breakfast hipster joint in fredericksburg VA here, AMA

Hipster sushi resturant here.

>but tips are very good

People actually tip? But there's no service, just people doing their jobs.

I worked at Taco Bell in college, AMA

>chocolate icecream, 2 brownies, 2 scoops of PB is the only acceptable option

The mojo mud pie is pretty amazing.
I was surprised that coffee ice cream went together so well with peanut butter

we practice it ourselves if we want to cause it makes people tip us better

I dont do that shit cause Im uncoordinated with my hands, my manager is a goddamn pro though, when she hops on line she can toss this shit 5 feet in the air and do all kinds of tricks its impressive

I actually have no idea how it works I just know there is a refrigerator unit under the table and it cools the removable marble slab that is on top of it

Deli employee here; AMA.

What's the weirdest order you've ever gotten?

So you like the BBC (big brownie chocolate) ice cream and you criticize others as bluepilled?

I dont question it, I guess I chalk it up to the fact that most people getting icecream from a shop are on a date or are tourists and feel the need to "spend it up" cause they can

I mean I'm nice and everything but I'm usually never nice enough to warrant a 20% tip for fuckin scooping icecream onto a slab and chopping in oreos and shit lmao

I guess the chopping on the slab and stuff looks impressive so people are 'amazed' and want to tip

that is a p good signature 2bh

most of the signatures I'm pretty satisfied with our master taster seems to do a pretty good job

but whoever decided that creme brulee icecream with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries was a good idea needs shot

I got one mother fucker today who ordered

coffee icecream with strawberries, peanut butter, fudge and oreos

fucking sickening pairing fruit and peanut butter

and I've heard a story from a shift leader today of someone who got a plain sweet cream icecream with raspberries and peanut butter

literally garbage

I went to cold stone exactly 1 time, when I saw it had silly names for the sizes I walked right out

Its strange how businesses don't realize how much more money they would make if they didn't give silly names to things

starbucks used to enforce it too some time ago
>can I have a medium hot chocolate
>we don't have medium
>then you don't have my business
>[turns into bats and flies away]

you know we understand small medium and large aswell you autistic faglord

some places used to refuse unless you ordered with their size names

y tho

what is objectively T H E best sandwich

>fucking sickening pairing fruit and peanut butter

What's the flavor of ice cream people order the most?

brand image is important to them or some shit

That I've ever had? Softshell crab po'boy.

That we sell? Probably the Four Horsemen: spicy cappacuolo, Italian hot ham, Cajun turkey, and Buffalo chicken.

cake batter or sweet cream are probably the two contenders I dont actually know which one we generally cycle through faster but overall those two are on top for our location

though sometimes if we have a seasonal flavor that will take the cake for a small period of time like the pumpkin cheesecake is killing it right now

Strawberry + cake batter UNIXED is god tier

I've worked at various Jimmy Johns for like 4-5 years total as a manager, driver, and line worker if anyone wants to know anything.

Also the secret to the Tuna salad is soy sauce.

On a hero, spicy chicken cutlet, bacon, lettuce tomato, honey mustard, Swiss or provolone.

That or a chopped cheese, my guy.

I har a whole crew of high school friends who worked at coldstone. They would let me behind the counter and in the freezer and let me eat and drink whatever i wanted. Even pretended to work there when a customer came in. Needless to say that location closed down in like 8 months after that.

how do you feel if i go to your place and don't tip.

Opinion on the Naked Egg Taco? I have seen many gimmick products before, but this particular product seems to take the cake.

Are you the same user that worked at an Athens location?

Zaxbys

I work at Red Robins. I will probably answer questions until I get bored, which may be really fast.

KFC employee here. Ask away, friendos.

what's the nacho game like these days?

last time I went to red robin was as a kid over 20 years ago, and it's the first time I had nachos piled high with toppings

you still have em? what are they like

Assuming we follow the recipe to order, yes. A standard order of nachos will have our chips coated in melted mozzarella and cheddar cheese and topped in our in-house chili, guacamole, sour cream, diced onions, and tomatoes with picked jalapenos and salsa off to the side and everything garnished with cilantro. It's quite a pile of food.

Assuming we DON'T follow the recipe and do a rush job like we always do, it'll have all of the things listed above but like, 2x more chips which makes it even funnier to look at.

Are you a nigger?

No. We had a black guy work there for one day then quit. I'm white, the majority of the people are white, then there's one mexican and two asians.

>garnished with cilantro
reeeeeeeeee

I thought you were making food for white people!?

I seem to remember nacho cheese, beef, sour cream, and guacamole and I think that's all there was
this was probably around 96

>I thought you were making food for white people!?
There are no white people in California. It's nothing but mexicans and mistakes.
But for Red Robins, it's been having its recipes redone to match popular opinion.

We don't have nacho cheese, but our chili uses tons of our ground beef so you still kinda get that. The nachos are legitimately amazing, but I doubt I could finish even half a serving alone.

>fruit and PB
do you know what a PB&J sandwich is??????

are you retard?

That's actually the restaurant I had in mind referring to both the quality of Zaxby's tenders and the similarity of the McD's signature sauce to Zaxby's sauce. Multiple times I have ordered that 4 finger combo and left that plate empty.

Brueggers bagel guy reporting

Do yall really reuse the same shit for weeks on end until you have to make new or is everything made fresh every few days? Also what is the mash potato making process like

Local pizza joint manager, AMA

The dumbest people order pizza

How much do you make?

I work the kitchen at Quiktrip. AMA

kek

do you play Pokemon

I make $14/hr

Go work panda express they pay much better. I hope you're still very young man

Their Sweetfire chicken breast is worth applying for alone.

Ive only worked a year, ill be up to 15 next May. Plus I work 42 hrs a week, which fast food wont let me.

That's a new one right? Tried it last week was bretty good. For me the broccoli beef is the best
How old are you m8?

23, I only have my GED

Look into local staffing agencies, get a data entry job. Easy money just let em know you're good with computers, goodluck!

I have noob lvl comp exp. Im more of a manual labour type. Dream job is Vetrinary and farm related

Lets hope you brush up on those grammar skills before tackling any medical profession.

Its 2:30 am and I'm typing on my phone with one finger. Grammar does not concern me at this point.

We use the oil for days in a row until it's too dirty. Not sure if true, but I've heard we use the grease in the Gravy mix. The batter can usually last one day, then before closing, we make a new batch for the next morning.

I only cook the chicken, the mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, corn, beans, wedges, are all cooked seperatley.

Dont ever get a salad from long john silvers, i dont even know how long that shit has been there for. anything else is fine, the fish might be a bit old ~30 mins so just go in when theres people eating there already.

Do you serve Neopolitan ice cream?

Has any of you that worked at fast food cleaned the soda fountain nozzles that the customers use? because they are fucking gross. after i cleaned them once i stopped drinking at fast food places.

I saw a poor fuck employed there just sitting in the back room unwrapping every single individually wrapped Reese's out of a big bag. Is there seriously no better way for a chain this size?

>Use the oil until it gets dirty then put it in gravy
That's literally how you're supposed to do it. Never throw out oil it's useful til you turn it to gravu

>implying he wasn't taking his time and enjoying the break from dealing with customers
Want to know how I know you've never worked in food service?

>Has any of you that worked at fast food cleaned the soda fountain nozzles that the customers use? because they are fucking gross. after i cleaned them once i stopped drinking at fast food places.
Then bitch at whoever the service company is. They're supposed to be in at least once a week to clean those.

I do work in food service, I still wouldn't want to unwrap Reese's and I still think cold stone would have an interest in getting unwrapped candies so they don't have to pay someone to do it.

when i worked at taco bell it was cleaned like once a year.

I worked in a local pizza joint. We disassembled those and cleaned them nightly, along with the iced tea and coffee maker.

>been flipping burgers/making pizzas etc for years dreaming of something better
>get a chance to work as a vet assistant and learn otj and work up to tech
>learn cool shit like blood draws, x-rays, catheters and all kinds of cool shit
>botch some shit that winds up killing a dog in our kennel I took care of for two months
>back to flipping burgers for the rest of my life
Take it from me, idiots like us have no place in any profession that deals with life and death.

and ive spoken to others that have worked fast food like KFC, Mcds and burgerking and they say the same. they are often forgotten about and never cleaned.

How often do you get people that want lox, because whenever I ask for it there they act like i'm some kind of space alien.

Same thing was done for closing at my dining hall. That and the ice machine can't afford to get ignored.

Cereal on the menu?

former deli employee, bartender, and vegan prep/line cook AMA

In all honesty, a sort of "deconstructed" cereal, yes.

I'm guessing cold stone gives that kind of job to the employees with mental disabilities, since it's repetitive and doesn't require them to use anything dangerous.

The dumbest one in this story is the veterinarian that allowed you to take care of the animals without certification and proper training. The only reason why I havent gotten a higher education is because I already own my own home and car and am waiting until next year to start classes in animal husbandry, veterinary sciences and biology.

How do I get into bartending? Is a bartending school necessary or just to learn my cocktails on my own and jump in?

Oh that's right they hire special needs people. I forgot they were one of those companies

Work busboy and have bartenders teach you when your shifts over. Pour beers do what they tell you and when a spot frees up you'll get it

I work in a Comfort Inn.
I cum in your cheerios.
Your "free" breakfast is free for a reason.
Because it is prepared in a microwave by a person who probably does not have a food handling certification.
That is all.

White Castle here, ama.