First person or third person?

First person or third person?

second person

You are going to chose Second Person.

I just realized Notes From The Underground is written from all 3 perspectives.

IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO WRITE AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fourth person.

If user could only ever read and write in one or the other he would choose 3rd person without a moment's hesitation.

define this

The 3 Musketeers

Third person present tense is the GOAT

what is the perspective called where its 3rd person, but the narrator talks as if he was the main character? so the narrator would be saying things the main would say or think, but he's talking about himself in 3rd person.

The fourth person is Jesus

Close 3rd person, maybe?

First person always seems tacky and pretentiously self-absorbed to me. It also rarely works, first person mostly results in three broad types of narrative:
>expositional dump of every thought
>notice-my-deep-emotions-senpai
>stream of consciousness babble

>plano-convex stones

gross

Third person. Not due to any inherent differences in the perspectives (both have their functions) but rather to the type of authors each seems to attract.

As a general rule, authors who are amateurs, technically incompetent, or have serious issues getting into the mindset of others and creating believable characters whose morality/psychology differ significantly from their own--as a general rule, these types of authors stick to first person.

A similar thing exists the present vs the past tense. In theory, the same story can be rewritten using either one without significantly altering the meaning or delivery. In practice, most authors employing the present tense are garbage.

>tfw when you are so pathetic that you feel in love with every cute girl that you see

Seriously. It has a bad reputation for its association with YA, but I love it.

Right? Fucking disgusting. The board doesnt even look like the highest quality wood.

Omniscient

Beigbeder's "99 Francs" uses all six persons.

you're either referring to stream of conscious or a subtype of third person subjective.