British here, thanks US for making this. I eat this practically every day since I discovered this marvelous sandwich

British here, thanks US for making this. I eat this practically every day since I discovered this marvelous sandwich

how fat are you

>eating anything makes you fat
How is filter feeding treating you?

This is me bitch.

PBJ daily?

Its really good with great bread, chunky thick and rich, and even cold jam. I like crunchy and creamy PB equally. Favorite jam pairing is strawberry, followed by concord grape jam (not jelly), and then boysenberry from Knotts.
Enjoy it also with the peanut butter thinning nature of a glass of cold milk.

grape jelly?

I feel similarly user. What are your thoughts on natural pb? Or do you prefer skippy/jif type?

For some reason PB&J sandwiches don't do it for me. I prefer them separately, and my mind is making it an excuse that I just prefer to focus on one flavor.

Another brit here. How do you get the jelly for a pb&j? I'm not making a whole bowl of jelly just for one sandwich. Also, surely it's too watery? Would powdered jelly be better?

PB&J is pretty fatty. It's essentially just a huge carb and fat bomb for your body. I think it's reasonable to assume you're at least not in good shape if you eat it every day.

Not OP, buy I like mine on multigrain bread with extra chunky peanut butter and raspberry preserves.

>boysenberry from Knotts
I need to send away to my friend in CA for some of that shit; it was good.

*but
This is what I get for staying up all night yesterday.

Don't know if poor bait, but I'll bite.
It's jam, not real jelly. The real question is, what flavour jam?
I've used strawberry and raspberry and both are delicious but I always wondered what a classic American PBJ used

The "classic" is grape jelly but I prefer honey or banana over jelly

You don't have jarred preserves in Britain? Jelly=/=Jello
>Boysenberry jam
Ugh. I remember growing up with my grandparents they would always get either apricot or boysenberry jam. I don't think apricot goes well with peanut butter and I hated the seeds in the boysenberry. Also I didn't know Knott's preserves were a regional thing.

>I always wondered what a classic American PBJ used
Either strawberry or grape. But really the appeal of the sandwich is just the simplicity. It's not meant to be difficult, just quick and confident. So put whatever peanut butter and jam you want.

>and confident
and comforting*

How old are you OP? This is something children eat for lunch because their mom's are too lazy to actually cook them something.

I'm American and I prefer strawberry or raspberry. I think the most common is grape and second would be strawberry

I'm an adult and I eat it because I want a cheap, portable lunch that doesn't require refrigeration and carries enough energy for the rest of the day and into the night.

Like user said, Glape and Stlawbelly are the most popular

However, I prefer mixed berry spread or a raspberry preserve

They're popular with long distance cyclists. Carbs, protein, sugar.

This is how you spot the social autist, I bet you only watch MATURE shows too that require "high thought"

I bet you weigh like 110 lbs too you fuckin twink.

I prefer grape but I also like cherry preserves

Yeah how could any human possibly maintain a healthy weight while eating a 500cal sandwich once daily...

>two pieces of bread and a couple tbsp of peanut butter
>carb and fat bomb
>thinking you must be fat if you eat this

What is wrong with you?

Your welcome! Thanks for pancakes

Jelly means Jello there, the Brit term for Jelly is Jam.

Jelly and jam are not the same thing. Jelly is made from fruit juice, jam is made from whole fruit.

Even better creation coming through

>slightly burnt toast
>saturated with butter
>covered in strawberry jam

prove me wrong

>Slightly burnt crumpet
>so hot butter melts through the holes soaking the cake in buttery goodness
>layer of strawberry jam on top

BAM

Man now I could go for a PB&J

You've read my mind OP. I'll have to enjoy myself a Peanut Butter & Jam in short service. I may post once this decadent sandwich has been prepared.

just made me one with strawberry rhubard

Post pics of the sandwich and have it be critiqued

I ate too many as a kid. Now I do slice of wheat bread with chunky peanut butter and banana slices on top with honey drizzled.

You're welcome! And, in return, thanks for Heinz beans, Branston pickle, Worcestershire sauce, and Stilton!

Growing up, we always used either strawberry jam or homemade wild grape jam.
t. texan born

Now put some sliced banana in there and deep fry it

Imagine having a native cuisine so bad that the PB&J is "marvelous" in comparison

So did I for a long while when I was lifting weights everyday. Easy calories and protein, Now I dont eat them as much anymore.

Oh also, Thick loaf, blueberry jam and chunky peanut butter is the only way to eat this sandwich.

Gone are the days when these would appear at friends houses, in lunch boxes, and even in conveniently prepackaged abominations at my college coffee shop. I miss you pb&j, but I know its better if we stay apart.

If you buy good bread or make it yourself and use all natural peanut butter and a not so sugary (and not loaded with artifical sweetener) jam or preserves, a pb and j is actually pretty good for you. Vitamins, carbs, protein, simple to make easy to consume and easy to carry.

If youre using like wonder bread and jif and schmuckers than yes, its pretty bad espeically if you eat it a lot. Otherwise, its fine.

I use Greek peach jam and crunchy peanut butter on BUTTERED Vogel sunflower, chia, and pumpkin bread

PB&J is best eaten at the beach. There's nothing quite like it after spending an hour swimming in salt water.

you scoop it out of the jar dumbass

Bullpuckey. If you use free range vegan hate free peanut butter it will taste like chemical waste and be full of aflatoxins

You're missing the point, dumbass.
In the UK "jelly" refers to what Americans would call Jell-O, gelatin, or Aspic.

What do Brits call sex lube? We say jelly. Do you have anal jam?

>anal jam
Stealing for a band name.

>How is filter feeding treating you?

You just need more hands.

Try yogurt instead of jelly, I cant eat it any other way anymore

That sounds fucking disgusting.

I'll try it.

Nuttella and strawberry jam goes well together in a sandwich and is a healthy alternative to PB&J.

>Nutella
>healthier than peanut butter
What have you been using, Reese's?

"buggery butter" or "arse-slick"

Found the alcoholic mom

Dude, reese's peanut butter isn't all that bad. Nigga must be taking reese's cups, getting the peanut stuff out of that and using that for peanut butter, and even then it's a wash as to whether or not that's less healthful of a food than nuttella.

extra crunchy PB and freshly cut fruit in between two slices of this shit plus a glass of ice cold moojuice is the most excellent late night snack

That bread looks so good but so many calories.

it has less cals than many other brands of sliced bread, and the cals it does have are partially from the greater protein and fiber content, so they arent a huge deal

A PB and J has roughly 450 calories.
I have 3 a day and drink water/coffee. If I get peckish, I eat a banana which is around 150 calories at most (biggest). I have a multivitamin and go on light walks every day too, so I [spoiler]which I was fucking fat you piece of shit. How dare you assume my weight[/spoiler]

Wellcum bruvva brue!

>what a classic American PBJ
The cheapest ingredients available at most stores. So white wonderbread, smooth (Jif) peanut butter and Smuckers grape or strawberry jelly, preferably knifed out of pic related.
Can't get much more authentic than that.

Nothing like a good Abe Lincoln

>Not eating a nice peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich.

Is your own food that bad that you think the worst sandwich Americans came up with is a "marvelous sandwich?"

>If I get peckish, I eat a banana
Americans often cut banana on their PB&J.

Cherry preserve is severely underrated

You are welcome.

try adam's peanut butter, shit is vegan and probably the tastiest nut butter out there

Thank you for being pathetic

PB&J is one of the great sandwiches of the world.

>peanut butter both slices of bread
>Jelly/jam on top of peanut butter
>Chunks of cream cheese in between

Sounds disgusting as I type...fucking delicious though

PB&P is the elder god tier peanut butter sandwich.

You're shitting me right? I've never heard of it. Doesn't sound very good.

I remember when I got to the age where american cultural dominance became evident at like 9 and I was obsessed with the PBJ sandwich since it seemed so exotic since I didn't know that jelly was just jam..
desu it fucking sucks.

how is filter feeding treating you?

It's amazing. And it's pretty common. PB&J was marketed towards children. There's even a recipe in the Joy of Cooking sandwich chapter about Peanut Butter and Pickles. Even better toasted with some sharp cheddar.
Besides, surely you realize that peanut butter is used as a savory condiment, right? Especially in asian cooking.

Yeah I know it's uses in SE Asian cooking, but I figured salty peanut butter with salty pickle would be a bit overboard.

>surely you realize that peanut butter is used as a savory condiment, right? Especially in asian cooking.

I've seen it called for often in dumbed down Thai recipes, but I've never seen or heard of a traditional recipe that calls for it. Peanuts? Sure. But not peanut butter.

I've used it to make knockoff satay sauce before but honestly those recipes are pretty shitty.

Nope, it's delicious.

You seem angry user, are you afraid someone's going to come take away your jam or something? Chill the fuck out. Asians use peanutbutter too.

>are you afraid someone's going to come take away your jam or something?

Nope. And I've got nothing against peanut butter either.

I'm just curious why someone would choose to advocate its use in Asian food? I'm generally not a fan of shortcuts that compromise taste.

sesame paste is the asian ingredient

Creamy or crunchy jif with blackberry or raspberry jam. With a nice cold glass of milk to wash it all down.

Fucking superb.

Yeah, and peanut butter. Do you seriously think they don't sell peanut butter in asian countries? Have you ever fucking been there?

>found the white guy who thinks he knows asian food

If you'd like to explain its use and how it is superior to using peanuts then I am all ears and happy to stand corrected.

But unless you can explain yourself I'm going to keep maintaining my current opinion, which is that it's a relatively modern shortcut that trades off flavor for convenience. There's no doubt in my mind that some Asians use peanut butter in their cooking. I just don't think that is a shortcut worth emulating or defending.