Do you cook for your pets?

Do you cook for your pets?

If so, what cuisines do they prefer?

>inb4 i feed my dogs chocolate and grapes xDDDDD

my wife is quite fond of moroccan

I have to make ground turkey and rice for my dog when his stomach gets upset

Nah, we fell for the "cooking for your dog" meme once but it's more hassle than it's worth
They get virtually perfect nutrition with Royal Canin anyway

I have a generally protein rich diet so my staffy tends to eat what I eat. Unless it's like a bowl of noodles or or something spicy. I'm not making that mistake again

i feed my dogs chocolate and grapes xDDDDD

I have a dog. He eats biologically-appropriate raw food.

You've been Pet Fooled™ on Netflix

her nails are fucking disgusting.

I thought that was a cock at first.

>feeds dog shitty Royal Canin
>virtually perfect nutrition
Absolutely not

I don't cook my pets wtf OP

i feed my dogs chocolate and grapes xDDDDD

Wait, chocolate I get. But dogs aren't supposed to eat grapes? My first dog loved grapes but he would meticulously peel the skins off them first.

Grapes are poisonous to dogs

My dog is absolutely not allowed to beg at the table, but I give her little bits of food while I'm cooking it. She especially likes brussel sprouts, peanut butter, bananas, and meat.

My rabbit likes cooked potatoes

Grapes can be poisonous to dogs. Causes them to go into renal failure. Weirdly enough some dogs are entirely unaffected.

I feed dogs to my chocolates and grapes

Grapes aren't toxic to dogs. Grape SKINS, however, are fairly toxic to them.

No but I occasionally give my dog scraps when I make steaks.

>My first dog loved grapes but he would meticulously peel the skins off them first.
And now you know why - because the skins are fucking poisonous to dogs

Your dog was saving his own fucking life bro

My bird likes boiled egg whites.

I lived with three different guys since college, all of who had dogs, and all of them besides my most recent were VEHEMENT that their dogs couldn't have anything but kibble. And the last guy was the only one to occasionally treat his dog to something that wasn't just dry garbage (or dog "treats" for tricks).

I really don't get it unless you're just a cheap ass who wants to torture your dog. I know each dog doesn't need a steak dinner nightly, but come on, mix in some wet food or non-processed shit every once in a while.

Nah, I have reptiles and they like their stuff raw and live for the most part. Unless you count making salads as a cuisine.

Not cooked, but I coarse grind raw quartered rabits and mix in kelp, fish oil, and vitamin E oil for my cat's dinners. Breakfast is a raw chicken leg and the little fucker even eats the bone most of the time.

>Guinea pig treats
>most any veggie leavings from cooking people food

>Guinea pig biscuits
>1 cup timothy hay dust (bottom of the bin stuff)
>3/4 cup rolled oats, dry food processed into a powder (or 1/2 cup processed oats and 1/4 cup flour)
>1/2 cup apple sauce
>1/2 cup water
>mix all together
>pinch into cashew-sized bits
>put on baking sheet
>cook at 350F for 15 minutes
>flip, bake another 15 minutes
>if not dry, leave in oven as oven cools to dehydrate

My Siberian Husky will only eat pelmeni kurinye, my rottweiler only eats brats & knoedel, and my stag hound will only touch haggis

My cat used to sit on the table and paw at my scrambled eggs everyday so now he gets his own

My bird loves Italian, which is fitting since he has an Italian name.

My cat loves eating tobacco, like will chew on cigarette butts. She'll go all funny for about 15 minutes and will then have a sleep. I think she got addicted when I used to smoke, but I quit a few years ago. Now when a friend who smokes comes over she'll be all over them hanging around in the clouds with a really pleased look on her face.

Yeah, i cook hard boiled eggs for my bird

I feed my two kitties table scraps sometimes. My male cat goes apeshit over hard boiled eggs.
That's fucked up, user.

I think your penis has autism.

>the dog was smarter than user

Sometimes I give my cat cooked leftovers or some scraps during prep. He seems to like chicken breast the most.

Grew up with a couple of cats. The younger one didn't like human food, but the older one was a gourmet. He'd eat melon (his favorite being cantaloupe), tunafish, roast turkey, roast chicken, mashed or baked potatoes, butter cookies, buttercream frosting (one particularly memorable birthday, I walked into the kitchen and found him licking frosting off my cake), turkey lunch meat, peas, carrots, canned green beans... We used to make him cakes on his birthday, usually a layer of mashed potato, then tuna, then turkey lunch meat, then canned peas, topped off with cantaloupe.

>RIP glorious foodie catbro

Before I was born, my mother had a cat who not only looked like Garfield but enjoyed pasta dishes. And yes, his favorite was lasagna. His sister enjoyed beef stew and shepherd's pie but would spit out peas if those were involved.

I treat my dog to a big bowl of grape skins

My cat used to love eating jello, I'd buy those cheap cups from the grocery store and share with him whenever I ate one.

If animals want cooked food they should invent fire first

i cooked my dog

I gave my fish some pho

No but I occasionally give my dog scraps when I make grapes.

I wish you knew how retarded that sounds.

It's her substitute penis. You've never had your clitoris licked right if you haven't put a starving rat up your vag.

We managed it. So can they.

Does it take long to prep it?

My kittens favorite food is generic brand yogurt, any flavor. I'd always give her the last spoonful or two.
Both my cats love jerky, they will play and chew on it all day, however that makes a mess.
Hot / spicy gravy is another favorite, idk why but cats love sorta spicy food.
>pic related
If you are feeding your cats dry cat food every day, stop owning cats

My dog likes pretty much all me leftovers, he doesnt Care if it's spicy or not. He especially likes steak scraps and noodles and rice. He's hesitant about mushrooms though

Mine loves Yogurt too.
He loves to eat the strawberry flavor one. Also, this guy goes crazy for smoked turkey ham. It's funny how you could put a plate full of food and he'll just ignore it, but place a single slice of smoked turkey ham in front of him and he just goes fucking nuts.

My dog fucking loves Chai tea. Like she goes fucking insane for it. Any time I have a cup, pretty rare nowadays since I live in east Asia and it's a fucking specialty import, I always let her have the last sip. Don't know why she likes it so much.

I think there's something wrong with your cat dude

>chai tea
>tea tea

I give my dog his own tilapia fillet once a month. Goes absolutely nuts over it and he can tell when I start cooking it for him.
pic related, it's him

We give her a frozen soup bone once in a while in Summer. It's like icecream for dogs.
Apart from that she's on a pretty strict diet of actual dogfood, though.

Usually what ever I eat supplemented with kibble.

My mom has a cat that will only eat dry kibble and dry cat snacks. Its the weirdest thing. Wont touch anything else.

My first dog also loved grapes and fruit in general, I guess I'm lucky he didn't get any conditions from that

>her

Your kitties are gorgeous user

My goldfish likes tofu.

No, HE'S lucky.

>reeeeeeeeee
We do this too desu senpai

It's like a baby. If you feed it something great, it'll refuse to eat the dog food. My dog had previously belonged to some roastie that babied it, and he didn't eat for two days before giving in. I'll flavor it with a little chicken skin, grease runoff from bacon, etc... a few times a week just to change it up for him. The same goes for bones and the like.

That's adorable

i read this as
>Do you cook for your penis?
and with that thumbnail i'm not even mad at myself

Yeah, I cut some raw beef heart every few days for my cat while she was still alive.

She loved it.

No. Can't give my Chinchillas anything but Chinchilla pellets and hay.

I don't cook for my pets. That's not their job. Their job is to get leftover food from me. They get shitty first batch bone broths and bones from fried chicken I get.

I can't fathom cooking FOR pets. That idea doesn't register to me. Do you live for your pets? Do they own you? This is just so pathetic.

I don't think you're supposed to give chickenbones to them. But judging by your comment in general you probably don't care if they die a horrible death anyway.

He probably doesn't keep track of the time needed to prep the Moroccan. He thinks it flies by.

I dont cook for my pets, thats gay as shit. I have two dogs and I give them chocolate, grapes, chicken bones and everclear

When I used to work at a vet clinic our biggest client had her dogs on an all raw meat diet, feeding them whole raw chicken and whatnot. I found it a little strange, but it worked pretty well and there were never any issues regarding it, even while eating whole bones.

I was always pretty against feeding my dog table scraps, but my dad always did. Never really had an issue with that and kept him on science diet for the most part because I got it for stock price.

She also had like 30 dogs so I can't fathom how expensive it must have been.

I wouldn't cook for him, but I'd give my cat meat offcuts I wasn't gonna use.

I freeze grapes in the summer and drop them into my dogs water bowl to get the water cold and for her to fish out

Sometimes if kitty is a good girl she gets the wings off my rotisserie chicken

You can probably feed 30 mediumsized dogs on off-brand dry kibble for no more than a tobacco or alcohol habit would cost.

I just remembered our dog likes dry corkscrew pasta as well. Presumably for the crunch. I don't know how well her teeth handle it so I only throw her a few as a rare snack.
Our old one loved raw carrots.

Well don't. Grapes cause kidney failure in dogs.
So that fox in the fable caught a lucky break really.

I accidentally killed my pet parrot a few years ago because I was cooking for us both - I was cooking a nice bowl of rice and beans for us to share and when it came to serving time, accidentally dropped the fucking cast iron pan full of rice and beans on his head (he was perched on the table). He wasn't actually dead but was suffering so I fed him some dry beans to poison him and then buried him in the yard. I am too ashamed to buy another pet. Honestly I also get pretty angry at the movie pirates of the carribbean now because they eat rice and beans in the carribbean and I am sure would have killed many of their parrots in the same way.

Idk she's doing alright. Been doing it for years

Why not just give the bird a quick death instead of crushing then poisoning it

>not eating the parrot

Our cat won't touch most human food, but he loves blueberry soya yoghurt. He's also quite fond of white fish like basa and cod, and likes licking the gravy left over from beef stews and soups.

He also likes whipped cream (but we try to not let him have that because of all the lactose).

Chopped beef or chicken with bits of green beans, carrots and apples sometimes.

>He wasn't actually dead but was suffering so I fed him some dry beans to poison him
So you made him suffer more before dying?
Please never get another pet.

Yeah, but even though she had 30 or so dogs and countless reptiles and turtles, she and her husband took great care of them, they had their own certified kennel. She was our biggest client by far for a reason.

>be me
>out of town for 2 months for work
>GF says she'll take care of my cat
>me-thanks babe, you da best
>she, and her best friend spoil cat with goodies and treats
>chicken or salmon poached in white wine
>beef tips with gravy
>I get home, try and feed cat dry kibble
>cat goes on hunger strike
>WTF? wat up? wat do kitty?
>tell GF what deal is goin on
>she gets all huffy
>of course he won't eat that kibble crap
>we been feeding him REAL food, user!
>FML. Takes weeks for cat to accept kitty kibble again

Cat STILL pissed

No, but my cat tries to get me to give her chips and cookies whenever I eat them around her. She'll even come up and take a bite out of the chip I'm holding, she's going to die. I've thought about making her real food but I don't know jack shit on what to give her that won't fuck her up.

I wish my dick was a rat

>Literally adding another person's worth to your grocery bill
You need to explain to your gf that if she wants to treat the cat like a child she's gonna have to buy it the fucking food

I don't give them much "people" food, but a few bites of fish or tuna is ok.

I will sometimes give my cats little bits of meat.
Usually they are good but will still come around begging sometimes, but will stop if I don't give them food, but if I make tacos they go fucking ape shit.