/CTG/ Chicken Tendies General

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=33JeUNd-sN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is the optimal tendies brand? I just entered NEETdom and need some help getting my bearings.

for me it's the kfc ™ tendie ™, the best chicken tender

>NEETdom
Then you have the time to make them yourself. Use panko bread crumbs.

depends if you live in New England and live near a Hannaford's get there store brand one if not get the tyson or perdue crispy tendies
make sure you tell mommy oven only

what is the best cut to make chicken tendies and what sort of breading should I use?

just go to kfc ™ and buy them there, why would you bother with the daunting task of making them yourself?
they're cheap, they're tasty and they're hot!

Boneless, skinless, thigh will taste the best. But the shape can be kind of wierd. Standard tenders are made from sliced breast meat.

As for the breading I like: flour, egg wash, then panko.

>why would you bother with the daunting task of making them yourself?
It's not daunting, it's very simple.

And freshly made is far fucking tastier than fast food shit.

>makin homemade tendies
>most of the breading falls of while frying

Can somebody help me with this?

>Can somebody help me with this?
Sure. Describe your procedure so we can identify where things are going wrong.

This pretty much exactly. Trim the thigh pieces well of all stringy shit, fat, silverskin, discard that shit, and cut to roughly even size pieces. Smash the thick chunks to an even thickness.
Season them very well before the breading process. Tendies are supposed to be salty, and protip is to use MSG just like the frozen and restaurants do. Allow time for the MSG to penetrate, its process known as "dry brining".
The breading should also be well seasoned, and vary the thickness and crunch factor to your preferences. I like a thick, crunchy breading made of flour, egg, then Panko, fairly heavily seasoned with chili powder, garlic, and some of the other things in the KFC "Eleven herbs and spices".
You could use white meat, but it is especially sensitive to overcooking and going dry. Nuggers are small and you really aren't going to be able to nail that 165 F temperature, so the points and thin parts will be dry as fuck. Brining is important to retain juices, and thigh meat just stands up to the heat better.

>slice chicken breast into bite sized bits
>season w/ salt and pepper
>drag through flour, then egg, and finally breading
>pat the tendies down a bit
>pan-fry them with margerine

I also use old, dried up bread,grinded down, afor the breading

if it involves any kind of cooking then they aren't "real" tendies. what you are thinking of are "chicken tenders" and are a normie food. OP wants TENDIES To get acquainted with NEETdom therefore they must be bought from a fast food restaraunt. KFC, Wendy's, Bojangles, Church's, McDonalds and Popeye's are all acceptable.
If you MUST prepare your tendies at home. Banquent brand frozen tendies are allowed, but they have to be cooked in a microwave.

after the breading process, put them on a sheet pan and pop it in the fridge for 30 minutes. The flour-egg mixture is your glue, and that glue needs time to set up.
Use a very dry bead crumb, store bought is probably going to be more dehydrated than your own processed crumbs. I like Panko the best, it sticks amazingly well.

Thanks man.
Gonna try it the next time i'm making tendies.

>>pan-fry them with margerine
What's wrong with you?

Deep fry them in oil. And stop eating Margarine. It's one of the worst foods for you. Pure trans-fat. Evil stuff.

yo churchs or popeyes i am have lunch which one?

>General

It's not hard my fellow neet, I started on this quest a month ago and they turn out delicious every time and I eat them everyday. Just follow that advice although you might try marinating in salt, water, red pepper and minced garlic for thirty minutes before you dredge, just make sure to pat them dry with a paper towel. Pan fry with vegetable oil. Leftover they make a great sandwich or you can add to spaghetti or make a terrayukka chicken bowl

Its not hard to do, its just striking the right balance and those crumbs will stick super well.
The chicken surface should be relatively dry, light but thorough coating of flour. "Egg wash" some people thin it with water, I use pure beaten egg. Roll in the Panko, and really press it in there. The heavy pressure in the crumbs is also a good time to shape you nuggers, flatten the bulges with crushing pressure, and bunch up the thin parts until you have a uniform piece. Shape your pieces well right on the Panko plate. The sharp angular corners of the crumb really dig deep into you glue layer. Then, onto the sheet pan for your wait time as the moisture distributes and those starches firm up, that shit is NOT coming off.
Hell I often do this technique and skip a step to save time, beat the egg with a spoonful of flour added, then throw the seasoned nuggers right into the pre-made glue, then Panko, it works fine for me.

>Deep fry them in oil.
This.

Pan-frying can make the breading fall off because the top of the breading--which is not touching the hot oil/pan--is subject to the moisture coming out of the meat as it cooks. Deep frying avoids this problem because the chicken is being cooked from all sides simultaneously. The instant the chicken goes into the oil the egg and flour get cooked and fix the breading in place. That only happens on the bottom when you are pan-frying.

>KFC
>cheap

Maybe it's because I don't visit fast food chains that often but KFC seems expensive in Germany

You will be a Veeky Forums hero if you actually follow this recipe. I want to make this so bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=33JeUNd-sN4

Nah, KFC is expensive as fuck. That's the reason the NBA Americans tend to go to Church's or Popeyes.

>he doesn’t bread his chicken tenders with rice krispies
you’re fucking up, it gives them an incredible crunch and flavor.

Alternative breadings can work well, but never tried rice krispies. You really think its superior?
Things I have tried are corn flake crumbs, and crushed saltines. They work well, but Panko is still my go-to.
Things I have seen but not tried are crushed Doritos and Cheetos. Because it looks pretty gay and only done because you want the photos for social media faggotry.
Are you sure the rice krispies are not being used for any reason other than "hey everyone! look at ME!" ? What is the advantage?

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I've experimented with them (and a bunch of others too--crushed pretzels, chips, corn flakes, etc.) but IMHO none of them can compete with panko.

Okay, I went out and bought some tyson dino nuggets. are these a good substitute?

so do it faggot

I dont have a food processor, or the capability to deep fry. But I know you faggots do.

Breading containing finely chopped nuts is top tier.

You're gonna love my nuts.

I made some yesterday with 2 chicken breasts

Sliced into 1/4 thick pieces, coated in buttermilk and then in flour (seasoned with salt, pepper, onion flakes ground into dust, paprika)

Then I threw them in a pot of peanut oil deep enough so that they would be submersed (used about 1.5 cups) and heated to 350 degrees

Cooked each one in batches of 3 for about 2 minutes (until they were golden brown).

I tasted one and it was kind of bland, but then I salted them and my God, I've never had such delicious fried chicken in my life.

Takes less than an hour, which is faster than going to KFC or Popeyes and the costs required to make them is also far less than going to a restaurant.

Got about 18 tendies from 2 chicken breasts (Slice the actual tender of the bottom of the breast and cut the breast into 8 strips).

All in all a 9/10 experience because you have a bunch of excess oil you need to dispose of after a few cooking sessions.

Damn right, its better than yours.

fuck off man you aren't funny

how do you get the flour to stay on the buttermilk? or the buttermilk to stay on the chicken for that matter

these look delicious, must try

Buttermilk is sticky enough to stick to the chicken and flour will stick to anything wet. You get a paste like coating on the chicken. The thing you can do (And I did the second time) is whisk egg whites into the buttermilk, which increases the stickiness which retains more buttermilk and flour, which makes the tenders more well breaded.

Honey stings from the wing bar at the 'naffahds are legendary

get mommy to drive you to popeyes or make them yourself.

breast for tendies or thighs for nuggers. breading should be seasoned flour or flour+corn starch. don't listen to any retards who tell you to use breadcrumbs.

I still use panko breading on the tenders but give them a final coating of rice krispies. you don’t want to completely bread them with puffed rice.
i’ve never had better, imo.

You can't cook chicken in a microwave, every time I've been foolish enough to try the resulting abomination is inedible.

>not bumping the tendies general

Ugh. I tried frying some chicken today and had to use the microwave to defrost them. Totally ruined it.
Fuck cooking at home, it's fast food places for me from here on out.

>pan fry
Stop. Deep frying actually puts less oil in your food. The steam from the food pushes oil out. Cooks faster, done quicker.
If you're a retarded and overcook it, yeah, it'll suck up more oil, just pull it out when the bubbles stop.

I slice chicken into strips. Brine it. Drain. Then I dip in egg and roll in a seasoned flour mix. I use 1 1/2 cup flour to 3 TBS powdered sugar and season salt. Then I Fry em up and dip in whatever sauce I make, usually honey mustard.

>no MSG

Fuck you, John.

use tenderloins. This is why they are called "tendies"