Pleb tier popular authors

>Rowling has named communist and civil rights activist Jessica Mitford as her "most influential writer" saying, "Jessica Mitford has been my heroine since I was 14 years old, when I overheard my formidable great-aunt discussing how Mitford had run away at the age of 19 to fight with the Reds in the Spanish Civil War", and claims what inspired her about Mitford was that she was "incurably and instinctively rebellious, brave, adventurous, funny and irreverent, she liked nothing better than a good fight, preferably against a pompous and hypocritical target"

Yuck

Why are you so concerned about this?

What would you rather: people not reading at all or people reading mainstream literature?

Stop being hypocritical and push your shit back into your anus, thanks

she wishes she had a sister like unity/diana to be compared to. makes sense, but jessica's better than her even though jessica ain't great, and for a novelist, one really should say nancy.

go back to /tv/ little brainlet

There is literally nothing wrong with being a communist

Not reading at all. Universal literacy was a mistake

Good comrade. I send you to gulag last

How was it a mistake?

i HATE... popular authoer
he has NO TALENT
i know this because i disagree with him

hiss book is POPULAR therfor BAD
children read him so he iss bad...

i even have people i know who aren't children who read him
and i CARE what they READ

HE ISS BAD

That's the thesis nietzsche put forward. Universal literacy leads to a debasement of writing and eventually of thinking.

go back to /pol/

>Nietzsche
>Veeky Forums-tier elitism
no he belongs here user. stupid retard dummy. don't ever post again. if you do i will infect your brain with lice cum hell retard idiot eyes chopped off complete torture meltdown mental excision

Lel

Except he's absolutely right you utter faggot

Lel

No you weren't

>influenced by a comrade
>hates anyone who's not a war loving Blairite
wew

I meant nietzsche is right you complete nig

Decca Mitford is a good writer desu

Literally who

Nancy best sister. Decca just looks good because Diana's a fascist and Unity's a fangirl and Pamela's a fucking chicken farmer. Nancy a best.

cite where he said this

>Everyone being allowed to learn to read ruineth in the long run not only writing but also thinking.

Zarathustra, Part 1, Section VII

>literature is muh sekrett klub!!!

ahahahahahhahahahahha communists confirmed for basic bitch pleb trash writters

I'm not gonna agree with Nietzsche boi, but you cannot handle getting utterly shit on, huh?

You gotta go back to where you came from man, Veeky Forums is not working out for you

>I believe you """"ought"""" to x because opinions
neechee doesn't even pretend to be right.

everything is wrong with being a communist they need to sort themselves out

Teaching faggots like you to read was a mistake. The only downside to universal literacy is that I have to read your comments like they matter to anyone.

I haven't enjoyed Harry Potter since I was a kid, but that's a pretty good icon to look up to.

JK Rowling is a couple billion dollars above caring about literary criticism at this point, and everything that could ever be said about her works has been said a million times over by too many people to count. Who gives a fuck.

Not really, my family is rich and I would receive a good education anyway. I have strong genes, I don't need to kneel before politicians in order to obtain what I want.

>strong genes
>posting about books on a website for Japanese little girl cartoons
You would've been among the first in the camps.

Pratchett, King

Salty cuck is salty

Face it lad, the more people who are literate, the more debased literature becomes

High and low literature will always be separate, just as oral tradition and literature was in the past. This myth of the "debasement" of literature is just a muh sekrit club attitude from your own ego. Do you really think the existence of Stephen King changes the writing of serious authors? Of course not.

>hey lets kill literacy
>now nobody can read signs
>or menus
>or go over agreements
>or function in a work environment
>or communicate with each other nonverbally
>or know the news and world events without listening to talking heads on tv
>etc etc etc etc etc

You fucking stupid nonce

>points out a negative consequence of X
>"why are you proposing the end of X?"
Veeky Forums - Literature

It might even read like that, if you take the comment out of context and suffer from severe mental retardation.

It's simple, simpletons. We use a different writing system for literature, one that's highly complex and arcane, one that demands years of dedicated study to master. Or we invent a refined, both purified and enriched register of the language for such uses, an English katharevousa, if you will.

Correlation not causation

Lol then explain why there is no more great literature today

Yet she donates 1 million pound to keep Scotland in the union and probably thinks corbyn should resign since he's "unelectable"

She thought the same thing about Blumpf. Watching her get white woman triggered by everything he does is hilarious

civilization in decline why aren't people writting classics anymore guys

Diana Mitford was better.