/tea/

Is a tea general...or at least a thread to 300 sustainable?

just getting into teas and gong fu brewing myself

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_pet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I will bump this because I, too, enjoy teas. I wish I could enjoy hot teas more, but my mouth is sensitive, so I have to have it cold. Oolong tea is my favorite.

Ok so I heard a rumor that you could/should use your tea for more than one steep. is this true? how would I keep the tea leaves so it don't get moldy

No, dump it out and use a fresh batch. Ideally, you should know how much tea to use per serving.

Long time tea drinker, and professional blender here. I tend not to steep my teas, but rather brew the tea with the leafs in the pot and essentially forget about them. I find that for an afternoon of sipping tea, the stronger the finish the more satisfying, u less dealing with black teas. Green, oolong, white, rooibos and chai teas and blends tend to be best enjoyed this way.

Just my preference though.

That's how most people who grew up drinking tea do it. One batch for the day, unless it runs out.

the person that told me to use tea more than once worked at the tea shop. I would think she would tell me to only use it once so I would buy more often. but she is the only one that I ever heard mention it.
when I went to the tea shop I had the Idea to try tasseography (reading tea leaves) I told her this and she kept trying to push some fancy pot to brew (that strained the leaves) and had no idea what reading tea leaves was.

>goes to tea shop
>talks to employee
>surprised they push a sale
This is literally their job. If you want advice, post on the tea reading or divination threads on /x/. It is a haven for schizos, but they are schizos willing to do all the legwork for you.

Arabic tea is my favorite, but only the kind bedouin make. Burn the tea leaves till about charred and then boil with ginger continuously

>I heard a rumor that you could/should use your tea for more than one steep. is this true?

That's literally what gong fu brewing is, multiple steepings for increasing amounts of time.

Even western style you can 3 or 4 resteepings, but if you're trying to stretch the tea for a week you're going to get mold.

Your tea pet is adorable! How long did it take to get those cracks all over it? (if they're from tea)

Also, I just discovered ordering loose leaf teas, but the only site I've used so far is Adagio. Can anyone recommend similar trustworthy vendors?

No, just brew enough for the day. If you let it get old, it'll taste stale and moldy. If you don't have anything to keep it hot all day, brew it extra strong and add hot water to it when you want a cup.

I wasn't surprised that she was pushing it. I was surprised that she never heard of reading tea leaves.
I made a thread on /x a couple years back and no one replied. I'll have to try it again, but /x seems even slower now
ok thanks, I don't think the shop girl mentioned increasing the steep time.
what's a tea pet. when I saw the pic I thought it was cool, but just thought it was a knick knack
no OP I don't think this thread will make it to 300 even with tea pets, gong fu and tons of varieties of teas

drinking some genmaicha right now
reminds me of barley tea somewhat

Genmaicha is so fun. I love the taste

what do y'all think of regular lipton black tea bags?
also do you add milk to your tea?

Leave this life.

Mei Leaf seems good, though they're located in the UK. I just started using Adagio myself and I've been enjoying my first order, will post it when I get the chance.

A tea pet shouldn't be glazed

there's nothing wrong with black tea from teabags (although loose leaf will always be better) or milk in your tea but lipton is straight garbage

Here was my order, got 3oz of Turmeric Bliss, Citron Green, and Masala Chai, a sampler of 4 different fruity white teas, and free samples of Chamomile, Chocolate Chai, Wild Strawberry, and Pisces Zodiac blend.

The Turmeric Bliss is a nice mixture of fruity and spice, the citron green has a hint of citrus and is very refreshing, Masala Chai is very nice, the white teas are light and fruity. The pisces blend is a mixture of white, rooiboos, and black teas with chamomile and some other flavors, it's a nice calming mixture. The chocolate chai goes best with milk and sugar I found. The chamomile is whole chamomile flowers and is some of the best chamomile I've had.

Oh and the teapot infuser works really well

I was just bumping so OP might see 300 out of this thread. I honestly don't care what tea I have cold or hot, bagged or loose. just make it sweet enough for me and I'm fine. if I am drinking lipton, I do add milk.
whats a tea pet?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_pet

Thoughts on pu'er tea? Never had it but will probably get some for my next order just to try it

here. Pu-erh is great, but you meed to be careful about where it comes from, how it was prepared, and how it is and has been stored.

If there is a fishy taste or smell toss it immediately. If there are bits of plastic or other non-tea substances, toss it.

If you can get a good source figured out, pu-erh can be rewarding as fuck. Also remember that the older it is, the better. Treat it like a wine.

I've been wanting to try some Pu'er as well

Leave this thread
We are better off without you