Fuck I'm wasting my stupid fucking life Jesus fuck

fuck I'm wasting my stupid fucking life Jesus fuck

explain

pretty brutal book

Read the book. It's pretty good. What did you guys think of that weird dream?

my favorite part of book coupled with the chapter where angustina dies. the very subtle surreal and almost mystical character of the book was really fascinating.

My favorite part of the book was him returning home for the first time and expecting everything to finally go right.

The description of somebody who cannot connect to the people he loves anymore and thinking of things to say and do in his head, and doing none of them out of fear felt like somebody was personally attacking me

>Died alone in an unfamiliar room with just himself and his delusions of his life meaning anything special shattered

brutal as fuck

That's nice, now you can graduate to Gracq's The Opposing Shore.

wastinglifebump

Life has no inherent value, so you can't waste it lad.

My dick has no inherent value but that didn't stop your mom from interpreting its value as greater than your father's

Same here. His last meeting with his ex-future-lover was bittersweet and bitter again.
I don't remember any dream though. What was it about?

Nice burn lad.

The dream in chapter XI where he as his childhood self sees spirits outside a window ignoring him, even though he wishes they'd acknowledge him, as in the distance the same spirits greet and take away the childhood Angustina even though he doesn't care in the slightest, somehow taking him away yet leaving his frostbitten body on his bed

>9565161
I read it a few months ago so its kind of fuzzy. He was a kid again in his room and there were all these weird spirits outside and they ignored him and carried another kid(The kid version of that officer who froze to death I think) away out of a window of a different room(He could see this other kid getting carried away out of his room). But the other kid is lying there dead I think. Hope I got most of that right.

WOW
WOW

WOW

but he smiled in the end

Apparently its Nassim Taleb's fav novel.

Yeah, he accepted his life had no greater cause but that doesn't make it any less shitty

It does make it less shitty in a way because he awaited that war for thirty odd years and when he was stripped of being a part of it he just fought death the best way he could, by accepting it as if it were an order.
Accepting that his life has no higher purpose was a win.

Hey Veeky Forumsards, if you enjoyed this book I suggest you his short stories, especially The Seven Messengers

I finished it this week and this part hit me right in the feels. I've been living abroad for almost 4 years now and everytime I return to my hometown I feel more and more detached feom the lives of my frienda and family.

>The Opposing Shore
Far inferior to The Tartar Steppe.