Which language has more untranslatable texts: German or French? And what about Latin...

Which language has more untranslatable texts: German or French? And what about Latin, is it more fruitful to learn over French or German?

Learn the language you like best and the country you like best

Considering how to translate something you need to be completely fluid in that language, you will spend 10+ years learning it to fluidity. And you won't get anywhere without total immersion by living in the country

Tl;dr: wanting to be a translator in a language you don't yet know is a bad idea

/thread

I dont want to be a translator I was just wondering which language had the most texts which would be better read in the original rather than in translation.

Oh

In that case I'd go with German because french lit sucks

As a french man i kinda agree (don't touch my waifu rousseau tho)

Learn Russian if you want to read good lit that is translated poorly or not translated at all.

>Rousseau
ew

French into English is easier to translate than German into English, simply because German deals with a lot of compound words which can be used with a certain ambiguity, especially in continental philosophy.

Just be aware the greatest pomo novels haven't been translated yet. Because they're Italian and too difficult for English translators-cucks.

debora smith translated the vegetarian (korean novel) after three years of learning korean.
she got some help with koreans friends who lived in the UK but she didn't need to go to the country or anything.
translating requires more knowledge about the language you're translating to than about the language you're translating from.

And both are easier to translate in spanish due to its flexibility and many forms of one verb

Rousseau is the overman of his time and was saved the sad fate of being meme to death like Voltaire

Every text is translatable. Naysayers are just memeing.
>t. pro translator

>t. retard who thinks that translating literature and legal docs is the same

It isn't, but both are translatable.

>fluid
>fluidity
Had a hearty kek, thanks user

kek what a loser

It's been translated into German.

Yeah, I was referring to English