Please tell me this the Harry Potter franchise will be forgotten in a decade, I can't stand this shit anymore...

Please tell me this the Harry Potter franchise will be forgotten in a decade, I can't stand this shit anymore. It is so irrititating how people compare everything, from mundane to political stuff with these books. Even my own sister does it.

No, but maybe in a decade you'll manage to stop giving a fuck.

it's a well known story with very archetypal characters so the comparisons are easy to understand

stop being such a sperg

It's okay. It's already been shown to survive for one generation only. Kids these days don't even give that much of a fuck over the series. They like Star Wars and Marvel films.

>literally haven't heard Harry Potter mentioned for years IRL
>there's always some underage faggot complaining about it on Veeky Forums

Fucking this

be glad that you don't have a sister who is completely obsessed with it

Look I thoroughly enjoyed the books and if it gets kids to read, who gives a fuck? I know like 1 person in college who's a big HP fan and also a weeb too but you would never know unless you went into her room. Obviously there are still some crazy HP fans out there but they're less and less as the fans get older and confined mostly to the internet.

>and if it gets kids to read, who gives a fuck

But they don’t! Their eyes simply scan the page. Then they turn to the next page. Their minds are deadened by cliches. Nothing is required of them, absolutely nothing. Nothing happens to them. They are invited to avoid reality, to avoid the world and they are not invited to look inward, into themselves. But of course it is an exercise in futility to try to oppose Harry Potter.

These people claim that Harry Potter does great things for their children. I think they are deceiving themselves. I read the first book in the Potter series, the one that’s supposed to be the best. I was shocked. Every sentence there is a string of cliches, there are no characters – any one of them could be anyone else, they speak in each other’s voice, so one gets confused as to who is who.

>"No!"

how many marks are on the back of your envelope user?

cinematic reboot incoming in a decade, mark my words

>the one that’s supposed to be the best.
No?

I think HP is a secret redpill about the importance and existence of noblesse oblige.

Most wizards in Harry's world are portrayed as idiots and bumbling fools, settling for useless governmental work involving fixing backfiring toilets.

And then you have the Dumbledore's and Grindewalds, the members of the Order, the Death Eaters. Highly educated, the majority intelligent. The real movers and shakers. It's not some MoM employee shaping the world, it's the most intelligent, the most ambitious, those with the most merit. One might say it's almost their duty to shape the world as they see fit, for better or worse. Dumbledore uses his lessers like pawns [including Harry] for his idea of the greater good, as does Voldemort.

Even the thinly veiled race allegories reinforce the idea that we should pay attention to merit, not background, an idea I fully support. Hermione isn't special because of her blood, she's special because of her intelligence and power that results from it. Merit, pure and simple.

Take the Potter pill. Be a mover and shaker. Prove yourself on your abilities alone.

Sweet Jesus, this board has become ass.

I finally got a gf and we have a really good relationship, but she loves Harry Potter and thinks it's the best series ever. What do? Luckily she likes more advanced literature and poetry as well, but it's fucking annoying.

Intelligent and thoughtful reply user. Thanks for the input. I guess you're an affirmative action supporter?

I like how you are even incapable of interpreting a YA book. The message of the series was the total opposite of what you think it is.
Harry Potter - an average person - through bravery and friendship is able to defeat the most capable, however also the most evil villain. According to JKR it is not the ability which makes someone great, notice how the protagonist was completely mediocre and how he succeed through self sacrifice and the help of others.

I wish the self-righteous /pol/ ideologues finally left this board. Clearly even genre fiction is beyond them.

Harry himself only carried the day due to the merits of those around him. Keeping your head down and knowing to hit the ball when it comes your way is it's own form of merit. Courage is merit.

That's the beautiful thing about books, people can take different messages from them. I don't give a fuck what social justice message JKR is pushing on her twitter this week, the books themselves have an underlying theme of merit triumphing over circumstance and determinism.

Looks like you were completely wrong, and now are trying to save face.
Stop trying, it only makes you look like a sperg and shits up the board - I'm fucking tired of this attitude. It's annoying.

Only my opinion is correct. If you disagree you're an autist.
t. user

kys faggot

Everything your kid siblings are obsessed with will annoy the shit out of you. Whether it's Angry Birds or Tolstoy. If kids like it, everyone else starts to hate it, that's just how fads work.

A negative feedback circuit – such as a steam-engine ‘governor’ or a thermostat – functions to keep some state of a system in the same place. Its product, in the language formulated by French philosophical cyberneticists Gilles Deleuze and Félix Guattari, is territorialization. Negative feedback stabilizes a process, by correcting drift, and thus inhibiting departure beyond a limited range. Dynamics are placed in the service of fixity – a higher-level stasis, or state. All equilibrium models of complex systems and processes are like this. To capture the contrary trend, characterized by self-reinforcing errancy, flight, or escape, D&G coin the inelegant but influential term deterritorialization. Deterritorialization is the only thing accelerationism has ever really talked about.

In socio-historical terms, the line of deterritorialization corresponds to uncompensated capitalism. The basic – and, of course, to some real highly consequential degree actually installed – schema is a positive feedback circuit, within which commercialization and industrialization mutually excite each other in a runaway process, from which modernity draws its gradient. Karl Marx and Friedrich Nietzsche were among those to capture important aspects of the trend. As the circuit is incrementally closed, or intensified, it exhibits ever greater autonomy, or automation. It becomes more tightly auto-productive (which is only what ‘positive feedback’ already says). Because it appeals to nothing beyond itself, it is inherently nihilistic. It has no conceivable meaning beside self-amplification. It grows in order to grow. Mankind is its temporary host, not its master. Its only purpose is itself.

what are the chances LOTR recieved the same type of criticism one or two decates after being published?

Different times, user. Different times.

Why do people on Veeky Forums think this is so abnormal? Most people are capable of separating what they consider great art and great entertainment. Many people who go out to see Marvel movies have also seen Tarkovsky and Lynch films. Many people who enjoy Harry Potter also read Shakespeare and Dostoyevsky. Why does it matter to you so much?

>Many people who go out to see Marvel movies have also seen Tarkovsky and Lynch films.
I doubt they STILL go out to see Marvel movies. It may have been fun the first few times, but they are all just trying and failing to be as good as Iron Man 1. The MCU is pretty pathetic.

I agree with your larger point though.

if you pay money or even spend time watching marvel films for anything other than social reasons, then you follow lynch for meme reasons and probably have never heard about tarkovsky.

but back to your point, i personally have no problem with people enjoying lower quality lit/film/music, but it's the second part of
>but she loves Harry Potter and thinks it's the best series ever
that's fucking disturbing and obviously incompatible with any serious understanding of any kind of world literature.

people who cannot distuingish personal taste and quality need to fuck off in general.

You are either older or younger than college-aged, or never talk to women, because fucking college-aged women never shut the fuck up about it.

inb4 anons criticizing my orthography - it's 5am here, im tired as shit and can't sleep because work starts at 7

Lmao, this is totaly true

true. not siblings but nephews and nieces love minion which no decent human being can like.

Honestly this. There's literally nothing wrong with occasionally reading (or in the case of films, watching, etc) material that exists for entertainment value. Pseuds just take themselves too seriously.

BTFO

>mentions the governor
>doesn't mention our lord and saviour Maxwell

0/10 bait

lots of girls at my stem uni love this shit
they fit on the "alternative"/"i'm not like the other girls" type

Even online dating profiles. I'd say +20% say what "school" or whatever they would be.

i would never associate with this kind of people, these are psychopaths

Some would consider posting on Veeky Forums to be cheap entertainment, you're not exactly having an intellectual debate here - you're posting in a Harry Potter thread on Veeky Forums

With the way mass consumerism has infringed itself upon fiction I think it will be forgotten. Investors and studios want the next thing now rather than letting it genuinely permeate through to the mainstream hence when it feels like things don't last as long as they do today.

>Investors and studios want the next thing now

So this is why Fantastic Beasts is getting 5 sequels after which the HP series is getting remade?

I'm 29 and the women in my work (mid- to late-20s) are all fucking obsessed. Two of them are currently re-reading the entire series for the umpteenth time

Came here to post this. Fucking non-readers are always running around complaining

>Quoting Harry Potter to explain your political views

People don't actually do this, do they?