What advanced reading techniques are you aware of? Pic related

What advanced reading techniques are you aware of? Pic related

There is no such thing as advanced reading techniques.

Skim reading/Speed reading both result in a significant loss of comprehension.

It's genetics, pure and simple.

Harold Bloom for example reads over 16 pages per-minute, with good comprehension. According to a Guardian article, he reads almost 1000 pages per hour.

As a brainlet, I really struggle to read. Adderall helps me, but ultimately my frontal lobe is insufficient for the task of reading fine literature.

'tis a great tragedy.

you give up on everything in life don't you?

Yes. Yes I do.

i think is 1000 pages per day

>According to a Guardian article, he reads almost 1000 pages per hour
>Undergoing cuckoldry to such an extent you get to believe such industrial quantities of horseshit

>2. Professor Bloom's singularly capacious mind and reading habits—he once responded to the "myth" that he could read 1,000 pages an hour by explaining he could read only 400—mean that he actually does know enough about all the writers, books, and literary categories on which he's edited essays to make this spectacle magnificent rather than tawdry. That is, he knows as much as we're entitled to expect a scholar to know when his or her name appears on such a collection.

>he could read only 400
still bullshit

>1000 pages an hour
>people believe this
He flips the page every 27 seconds? Give me a break.

>only 400pph
Ha! Brainlet

In that picture, it looks like he's reading the Bible and a Bible study book. It's really not as bizarre as it looks, the only reason it looks funny is because he's standing up while doing it.

3600/1000=27

ya it's actually probably the best way to read the Bible. If he didn't look like a Matrix rip off too he'd be fine.

>27

>1000 per hour
>1000/60 = 16.66 per minute
>16.66/60 = 0.277 pages per second
>=one page every 27 seconds
is this why you picked a humanity major, brainlet?

There's quite a few people who can do it.

The film director James Cameron has the same reading ability, according to a biography of him called 'The Futurist'.

Interestingly enough, you can see this in action on the Howard Stern show when Gary remarks that he hands Cameron a page he would like him to read off and Cameron manages to read through it in a few seconds.

This is a joke, right? He can't actually read that fast, right? That's one page every 9 seconds...

GREAT POST KEK, GREAT POST!!!

Of course it's a joke. Not only it's impossible to read that fast, but you also wouldn't understand a single sentence.

Read less and slower, and write a small amount about what you just read.

You could barely flip the pages that fast.

Most of what you forget is pointless bullshit, though. I don't need to remember how GRRM described some dude's breakfast to get the jist of it. You're not going to forget the important parts for years, at which point writing it down won't help anyway.

>Adderall helps me
Is adderall safe for long term use?

It's not a joke. Harold Bloom is Sterling Professor of Huamnities at Yale and a highly regarded literary critic. He has read more than most people, largely because of his freakish reading skills.

Teddy Roosevelt had a similar ability. He was said to get through around 2-3 books per day, making him the most well read President in the history of the US.

how to improve memory, comprension, and reading speed though?

do you have cerebral palsy?
it's possible with lots of innate talent, tons of practice, and intense concentration

just open a book and glance down the page while trying to keep 4-5 lines in focus. readers of this caliber can digest all that information at a glance.

Is this fucking bait or are you mentally crippled?

>3600 seconds in an hour
>1000 pages
3600 seconds/1000 pages = ***3.6 seconds per page***

What the fuck lit, one page every 27 seconds?
>(27 seconds per page)(1000 pages) = 27000 seconds
>27000 seconds is much greater than 3600 seconds
think before you post pls

KYS
Y
S

it's obviously bait. the fact you couldn't realize wasn't agreeing with it makes me think you're retarded

I swear the peripheral vision is some of the biggest, heaviest, hardest, lamest bullshit I have ever encountered in my life