Intellectualism & autism

why does every "literature man" have to pose/have a persona of some brooding post-pubertal, french noir, quasi nihilist fag + a lot of knit clothing and ciggarette?
Why dont they act normal but instead are full blown narcissist on level of Catcher in the rye the characters?

also, is that a postmodern phenomennon? Only similar phenomennon I can remember was with Byron and romantics althought Christian romantics like Blake had a different vibe (and christian existentialist like Kierkegaard and Dostoyevski also lacked nihilistic narcissism).

why do you love the nihilistic abbys so much lit? Why dont you humble yourself and pray so God can open your eyes so you can belive in the Gosple of Jesus Christ and live a life affirming humbe lifestyle?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=91SniVEEH7U
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1yrH4qS2RA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>brooding post-pubertal, french noir, quasi nihilist fag + a lot of knit clothing and ciggarette

pic rel, but insert camus/generic literatureTM person

It's just an illusion because of the clothes of the time and especially because the pictures were black and white

you're only looking at the shit ones, my man

"Ambitious people understand, then, that a migratory way of life is the price of getting ahead. It is a price they gladly pay, since they associate the idea of home with intrusive relatives and neighbors, small-minded gossip, and hidebound conventions. The new elites are in revolt against “Middle America,” as they imagine it: a nation technologically backward, politically reactionary, repressive in its sexual morality, middlebrow in its taste, smug and complacement, dull and dowdy. Those who covet membership in the new aristocracy of brains tend to congregate on the coasts, turning their back on the heartland and cultivating ties with the international market in fast-moving money, glamour, fashion, and popular culture. It is a question whether they think of themselves as Americas at all. Patriotism, certainly, does not rank very high in their hierarchy of virtues. “Multiculturalism,” on the other hand, suits them to perfection, conjuring up the agreeable image of a global bazaar in which exotic cuisines, exotic styles of dress, exotic music, exotic tribal customs can be savored indiscriminately, with no questions asked and no commitments required. The new elites are at home only in transit, en route to a high-lelvel conference, to the grand opening of a new franchise, to an international film festival, or to an undiscovered resort. Theirs is essentially a tourist’s view of the world – not a perspective likely to encourage a passionate devotion to democracy."

Genderqueer Studies With a minor in Oppressed People Literature Wesleyan University ’03-‘12 Charles: I’m a citizen of the world echos of citizen of world [Learnsturbation] Charles: I went to film camp. I’ve read Sartre. I’ve read Thomas Pynchon. I’ve read Ayn Rand. I’ve been to Italy. I’ve been to France. I speak French. I’ve been to Spain. I’ve been to South America. I’ve been to Kenya. I’ve been to China. I backpacked across Europe. I prefer tea to coffee. I’ve been to Greece. I love Greek food. I’m a foodie. I’m always on the lookout for a great little place to get breakfast. I sometimes go to Barnes and Noble and lose track of the time. The black people that I’ve met said I have a lot of flavor. I love my MacBook but I also love my MacBook Pro, because it has the word Pro on it, short for prolapsed. echos of prolapsed I drive an ancient Volvo that barely starts. The Matrix and..and Inception are the first movies in the last ten years that made me really think. Yeah I paint, no big deal, I think conventional painting rules are…stogy, archaic. To bend the spoon, you have to realize there is no spoon. Think outside the box. Coexist. Coexist, and one more thing, If you don’t know the difference between your, and you’re and you’re and your, you’re a fucking idiot, get the fuck off my Facebook wall.

I seriously hope you're not associating Lasch with these people.

>I seriously hope you're not associating Lasch with these people.

I was affirming your point.

theres an in our time episode on 'bohemianism' - should answer most of your questions. a fashion like any other, nothing to get worked up about

>The black people that I’ve met said I have a lot of flavor. I love my MacBook but I also love my MacBook Pro, because it has the word Pro on it, short for prolapsed. echos of prolapsed I drive an ancient Volvo that barely starts.

Good, there are some retards on this board who get triggered by Lasch in ways that really make you think...Wasn't sure if you were one of them.

>Good, there are some retards on this board who get triggered by Lasch

Well, this board has that noir self obssesed faggot atmosphere...I wasnt even aware of Lasch, Im an Euro, but I think that Huellenbach seems also to be in the same team with his cinical view of progressiveness (as does Sam Hyde/MDE). Am I right on Huellenbach?

whoa, what is this redpill?

>why does every "literature man" have to pose/have a persona of some brooding post-pubertal, french noir, quasi nihilist fag + a lot of knit clothing and ciggarette?

Why not? As far as we know, for example, Sartre lived like he truly wanted: should we disparage him for having been too honest? And what relevance does this have on his work? In which ways the morals (about meaningless topics, in this case) of the authors discredit their works?

>and christian existentialist like Kierkegaard and Dostoyevski also lacked nihilistic narcissism
Maybe they were just, you know, different people.

>he doesn't know about the power of Christopher Lasch
Left-wing post-marxist neo-freudian pealeoconservatism confirmed for best ideology.

>Why dont you humble yourself and pray so God can open your eyes so you can belive in the Gosple of Jesus Christ and live a life affirming humbe lifestyle?
I've tried desu, it doesn't work.

I'll keep the humble lifestyle part though and meme it up with the Greeks. Not a bad alternative.

Revolt of the Elites by Christopher Lasch.

>I've tried desu, it doesn't work.
>I'll keep the humble lifestyle part though and meme it up with the Greeks. Not a bad alternative.

well, I agree that stoicims is better than postmodern noir, but there is nothing higher that the life of faith in Jesus Christ.

I pray that you will see the truth in Jesus in your lifetime (in case you saw it already but havent rationalized it as such) - I know that its not entirely by your own choice. God bless user!

Yeah, Houellebecq is fairly mocking of the elites and progressive ideology but he's subtle.

I keep saying this interview is a brilliant attack on the elites in a way that they can't even defend. The interviewers (obviously pro-Macron) expect him to endorse le Pen against Macron and he just says "look, I'm way too rich and elite now to understand le Pen and her voters' concerns, so I don't support her. Also, I don't vote, lel" He basically insults their progressive ideology to their face and they can't say anything in response.

youtube.com/watch?v=91SniVEEH7U

>"look, I'm way too rich and elite now to understand le Pen and her voters' concerns, so I don't support her. Also, I don't vote, lel"

damn, thats notty.

I havent read a book from Huellenbach, but I guess I understand people by their "vibe". Is it correct to say that Huellenbach is a sort of post-hippie? not a reactionary but highly critical of postmodernism/humanism?

If you arent familiar already, look at MDE comedy group, youll like it if you like Huellenbachs approach

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1yrH4qS2RA

I can't say I really like Sam Hyde. Nothing wrong if you're into that but I've already encountered all these critiques before, so he doesn't do much for me.

And I think Houellebecq is pretty reactionary, especially in The Elementary Particles. I think he's basically a traditionalist Catholic who can't commit to actually believing and hates himself for jerking off so much.

He kind of hates his mother for being a '68 leftist/hippy and resents boomers for destroying cultural values. The Elementary Particles is where he's most explicit about these things, imo.

Thanks, user.

sammy boy shilling on Veeky Forums now baka

it's Marxism, you /pol/lack git. now read up.

>talk with and meet various local authors throughout the last year
>none of them fit this description
Wow, a Veeky Forums poster who is unaware of the actual state of things and makes shit up to criticize? I haven't seen that one in a while.

>Why dont you humble yourself and pray so God can open your eyes so you can belive in the Gosple of Jesus Christ and live a life affirming humbe lifestyle?
:D :D

Tbh I think this is just pasta

No, it's really not. Lasch himself criticizes Marx. But he also engages with it and does not straw man it, because it does have value, if deeply flawed.

>you can belive in the Gosple of Jesus Christ and live a life affirming humbe lifestyle
This is so insincere after that dump of hatred and bitterness you just unleashed. Be honest, you're just being reactive. You don't care about humility and love, just making fun of people who are more seemingly pretentious, and feeling smug because your pretensions are on the inside, not so obvious as they stupidly make it.