Is Brave New World the most adequate prediction of our present?

Is Brave New World the most adequate prediction of our present?

>A lot of poverty in the world
Of course

I feel like its laughably bad muhh ford

>humanity scared of wars due to previous conflicts which has led to changing the world
>governments and hi-strata pursuing a global stable homogeneous culturally society
>destruction of families and collective substratas for a complete equal society without any emotions but for yourself and humanity in general
>stratified stable society which is controlled by science, conditioning, satisfaction of base needs and general happiness

Yeah:

>Shallow mass-produced culture
Check
>Psychopharmacological control of dissent and unhappiness
Check
>One world government, and world peace
Give it a few years
>The family is obsolete, and people are grown in tubes
Well, my mom told me to get a job instead of living off her and my dad's money, so basically nobody cares about family anymore so: check

It's like Huxley could see the future! Not even Tiresias himself could have forseen it!

Huxley was woke

>>Psychopharmacological control of dissent and unhappiness
>Check
this isn't really a thing

in all honesty, IJ is startingly prescient with regard to (so tempted) the state of modern media and society's obsession with being constantly entertained (netflix IS total entertainment forever) and never happy
although dfw had it easier since he was predicting a future a couple decades ahead

>>governments and hi-strata pursuing a global stable homogeneous culturally society
literally who?
look around you

>this isn't really a thing
Sounds like someone is delusional.

Modern liberal "individualism" is a meme. People are more conformist than ever

kek

i'm sorry, are we talking about "governments and hi-strata", who are notably leaning towards alt-right/xenophobic, isolationist policies globally, or are we talking about "people"?

>Well, my mom told me to get a job instead of living off her and my dad's money, so basically nobody cares about family anymore so: check
The post was serious and pretty much right before this I don't get if you're being ironic or not with the whole thing now lol

>prediction
>not a plan

1984 was much more prophetic

>scared of wars due to previous conflicts
Which is why the U.S. is bombing 7 different countries, because they don't like war.

>governments and hi-strata pursuing a global stable homogeneous culturally society
True enough

>destruction of families and collective substratas
Hasn't been efficient especially considering the push back for diversity.

>stratified stable society which is controlled by science, conditioning, satisfaction of base needs and general happiness
Basically, but a huge amount of fear is also required to keep people controlled.

Both Brave New World and 1984 are Swiftian satire, they were never meant to be read as prophecy or futrology.

From what I've seen in the media, all dystopias are the inevitable result of Trump/Republicans and ONLY Trump/Republicans.

on the social aspect only, fahrenheit 451 is the most accurate of the classic distopian future school literature desu. 95% of the people around me are perfect mildreds when it comes to media comsumption. surprisingly i found that most openly admit that they watch/read/listen only for distraction or social integrity whenever i find the opportunity to have a real discussion on such topics

>implying its not true

traditionally you would follow in your family's craft or trade. you would have a guaranteed job almost, and would always be protected. you would live in a multi-generational household and pass down your property and wealth. sometimes, your parents would buy you apprenticeships or political positions if they wanted to move up in status.

then, folks decided to trade all that security for freedom, independence, and greater social mobility. but that kind of backfire, and society is finally realizing that the current economy and society can NOT support this retarded idealistic concept of moving out at the age of 18, paying your way through school, making your own future without your family's money, "following your dreams" etc. for the majority of people. it works in the upper classes, sure -- but everyone who is middle class or poor has been royally fucked by the dissolution of the family unit.

luckily society is changing, with high college costs its becoming more socially acceptable to live at home for longer periods of time to save money, get a degree, pay off loans, etc.

>inb4 retards start shitspewing about "muh entitlement"

Fahrenheit 451 is the real shit.

Governments and high strata before (and after) Donald Trump are all over open borders. What's been happening in the USA with Mexican immigration? What has happened to Europe?
You can argue that this won't homogenize culture, but I don't buy it.

sounds like someone has been listening to too much alex jones