Tell me your bad writing habits.

>somewhat
>quite
>rather
>altogether
>decidedly
>fairly
>considerably

I am addicted to these awful words, I can't help myself.

I used to write "however," a lot

I over use commas,

>like
>kinda
>pretty much
>ain't
>y'all
>dude/man/bro
>double/triple negatives
>can't go a sentence without cursing
I've been writing in first person for so long, my narrator's habits are my habits. It's really hard not to have all of my characters sound like total hicks at this point.
Apart from that, my worst habit in regards to writing is that I put the pen down after every ten words or so and watch five minutes of a movie, get a snack, reorganize stuff on my desk, etc. I can't focus on anything for more than a few minutes and that really comes out when I write.

Bad writing?

I habitually write "just" in almost every sentence. Especially during general day to day conversations.

>somewhat

I used to use that all the time when I was 15

I use semicolons at least once per paragraph.

yeah. dashes and semicolons

Please don't shit up my thread

If you don't mind me asking, why do you keep posting that frog? You've posted at least ten frog pictures now. I don't mind, I'm just intrigued. It seems a rather bizarre obsession to have.

Only 3 of those were me. I think there is something charming about this particular frog. I find the way he seems to pinch his cheek instead of stroking his chin (which I assume was the artist's intention) both comical and cute.

I use "etc" when I can't think of any more examples

>what do I want to write
You know exactly what you want to write, the only problem is that you're telling yourself that what you're writing isn't it.
You've been trained to censor yourself, and it shows itself right on the fourth line and onward haha.
>a voice like running water... ellipsis... things which remain unsaid.
You immediately resign the idea as "overdoing it" before starting on some mold tangent.
If you're trying to work on your stream of conciousness flow then stop adding in those meta self-censors like
>i'm definitely overdoing it again
because that simply means that your conciousness isn't moving like a stream, it's moving like the panama canal, which doesn't let that much water through you know, its probably the most bureaucratic structure in central/south America.
It kinda looks like you're trying to take steps to dissolve that habit, but you should try following the thoughts that appear rather than thinking they're not worth following. If you had stuck with the running water quote from earlier then you would have something more creatively daring than
>i continue to see a beautiful park

Also

>we need to keep them in check
Spotted a band of muzzies hm?

In my writing, I struggle greatly with the fact that English is regrettably not my first language, and mother tongue is drastically different from it in many aspects - most noticeably, there is a great deal more punctuation in it and that is a tough habit to break; furthermore, the convention that have been being drilled in my head since I was five is of long uninterrupted sentences, as it as a main rhytmic mechanism of local prose: of course, in English this function is performed by alterating between concise and somewhat long sentences, whcih is an art I'm yet to master.

This is a hyperbole but I do really write like that. Is it autism?

>actually
>just

Same.

>infinitely
>Profoundly
>Of course
>Obviously
>As it were

these went from being used sincerely to being used mockingly to being a staple of my work because they're their own parody. If i could get an electroshock whenever i even thought of using them, i would.

>somewhat
>in order to
>Adjective, rest of sentence

>very
>seemed
>kind of
>like
>saw, seen, looked, heard, felt, thought, knew, wondered

>like
>so,...
>although
>ostensibly