No

>Be me sitting in coffee shop reading physics
>See guy in other table look so similar to DFW it's scary
>Mfw I see he's reading Infinite Jest
Are any of you self aware in real life?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/opinion/sunday/the-difference-between-rationality-and-intelligence.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>studying physics
>self aware

>studying physics

u mean posing with a physics book in a coffee shop, people who are actually doing physics degrees don't do this

Feynman used to study in a strip club.

What a fag lol

It's more auxiliary reading actually slightly removed from my research so I still feel like I'm taking the day off and I already got my undergrad degree in physics by math is what I got my BS in.

You are not anything like Feynman.

>got my undergrad degree in physics by math is what I got my BS in
Yes, we can clearly see your BS.

But*. I got a BA in physics.

I have a 135 IQ, so you'd be right. My IQ is actually higher than his was.

>IQ as a means to win an argument

IQ is literally all that matters in a human being.

There is no other quality that incites more jealousy than intelligence. Being rich? Attractiveness? Absolutely meaningless when I bring up the genetic superiority of my brain. They can work as hard as they can, but someone with a sub-135 IQ will never, ever reach my level.

On the other hand, if I replaced Feynman when he was born, and had the same work ethic, I would have accomplished much more. He may be famous, but deep down, he knew that anyone with real intelligence could have blown him out of the water.

>IQ is literally all that matters in a human being.
prove it

The funny thing is my IQ is actually higher than yours but I still think you're a fag.
Feeling jealous yet brainlet?

>IQ is all that matters

Intelligence does not equal rationality. Studies find no correlation between the two.

Studies show that people of above-average intelligence are no more likely to be rational than people of below-average intelligence; in fact, they are less likely to be rational in some circumstances.

Studies also show that intelligence can be taught to and learned by almost anyone to an extent that produces significant improvement.

mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/opinion/sunday/the-difference-between-rationality-and-intelligence.html

if u read anything on psychometrics ud know this isnt true. xD

No, because I accept my place as a 135 IQ, and I will concede to anyone above me.

I'm not delusional enough to think I'm not inferior to >135 IQs

'blown him out of the water'
Cliche of the day - there's nothing that exposes a brainlet like cliche. Enjoy your dynamic career dumbass, maybe someday you'll graduate from fries to burgers.

OP here
t. Someone who has never done theoretical physics research. My IQ is higher than yours and IQ has literally been the topic of discussion exactly zero times with researchers from undergraduate to professor-level that are serious about their work. Yeah there are people that are faster and some who are in a league all on their own, but it's mostly a job you have to do at the end of the day and no one gives a shit if you have 170 and understand advanced topics if you can't do anything about it.

Shut the fuck up brainlet, the 140+ IQ gods are talking
I swear, if I see you in this thread again I'll kick your brainlet ass

>reading physics
you are reading well, everyone else is doing it wrong. sincerely.

>caring about the physical world
Brainlet alert

Rationality can be taught*

so what if a guy looks like him is reading infinite jest? it's a popular book and he's an average looking man. and looks like dfw how? clothes or face/hair? where does self awareness come into it? do you propose the guy is trying to look like dfw?

typical nonsense post from a STEM autist

I also concede to you, if your IQ is higher.
I can't argue with 140+ IQs. Okay.

>Studies also show that intelligence can be taught to
lmao

once a idiot, always an idiot, and no amount of studying or hard work will EVER EVER CHANGE THIS

See It was a typo, I meant rationality can be taught and learned.

He had the same exact glasses, demeanor, facial hair, hair color, but short hair. His face structure even resembled DFW.

ok so what do you propose the significance of the similarity is and how does it relate to self awareness?

if you look like a DFW clone, at least put on contacts to read Infinite Jest

I honestly thought this post was a joke. My IQ is also around 135 but id gladly give up 30 of those points to be crazy rich or a Casanova. Like nigga what does your IQ get you, Im lazy as fuck so someone with a lower IQ can outperform me in school fairly easily. Sure you have a better understanding of the world but that only leaves you wanting more knowledge and seeking more answers and sure it helps to be smart in life but not more than it helps to be very wealthy or even charming. In fact higher intelligence is often correlated with unhappiness while wealth, charm, beauty or even physical fitness are not while they still improve your life as attributes - to place such an importance on intelligence alone is pretty fucking narrowsighted.

It's either a joke or really pathetic.
>I'm smart, I'm just lazy
>Please believe me

All manchildren aside, intelligence is the most likely of those traits to get you in a history book, and many people would trade a happy life for a glorious one. Don't disparage your gifts, take your cards and run with them, revaluate all values.

Wait, can I read physics and get something out of it without doing any gay calculations?