What is the most enjoyable book you've read?

I'm not talking about rewarding. Pic related

Harold bloom's best poems of the English language

The once and future king or J R

Took me a long time to bring myself to finish this. There were stories so fantastic I was thinking about them for months afterwards but it was such strenuous read.

Really? Maybe it's the translation... the only hard ones for me were "Tri-Stan: I Sold Sissee Nar to Ecko" and "Church Not Made with Hands" (I didn't like this one).

The most fun I've ever had reading.

Also, Oblivion was better in my opinion, though I enjoyed both a lot.

Ficciones
felt like the while universe clicked into place

Also really enjoyed A Supposedly Fun Thing

I have to force myself to slow down when I'm reading those two

>translation
Oboy

Lol remember when Oprah put him on blast and BTFO on national television in front of the whole nation.

The best part is that anyone who was actually an addict would have known immediately that it was bullshit.

Ficciones, laughter in the dark, Lolita, Despair... anything by Burgess, obabakoak, at swim two birds, Ulysses...

I unironically enjoy reading Vonnegut as well

Breakfast of Champions is very enjoyable.

McCarthy- All the Pretty Horses
Candide- Voltaire

Mason & Dixon

Bump

i tried to force myself to go through BIWHM and i just couldn't. 2edgy&dark4u

also some of his "short stories" are barley a sentence long, not even worthy of that title

>Lolita
yep

towards the end i read it in smaller and smaller chunks because i didn't want it to end

Anything by DFW. Something with his writing really gets me

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHA

>reading a translation of David Foster Wallace

yeah it sounds faggy

This isn't my answer but it's the first thing I thought of, this book is like my guilty pleasure, I first read it when I was 14 or so and for some reason I like it, I don't know why. I just really liked her writing style

The last book I physically couldn't put down was Fight Club. I wish I could explain or justify myself somehow but I guess this is just one of those things you either love or you hate and if you happen to hate it, you'll never understand.

This. No contest.

What do you miss in the translation?

Anything Haruki Murakami tbqh sem pie
There's not always great but I always whip through them.

Pale Fire
At Swim-Two-Birds
Borges' Complete Fiction
I'm reading it now and already rereading it. That is, I'm three quarters through but I'm going back to read again some of the past chapters, some thrice. I think I'm going to read the whole thing again as soon as I'm through--but I don't want to be through.

I fucking love Vonnegut, every one of his books I pick up I can't put down. I wish he started writing science fiction books under the name of Trout.

Crime and Punishment was extremely enjoyable for me.
So where all the books by Bolaño and by Llosa that I've read

The Warlord Chronicles

Invisible cities, Moby-Dick and Montaigne

DFW is a righteous meme.

Hero of our time, it was flawless to me

hahaha fuckin plebs

Manly Richards by Sinclair Fat. It's a short novella but it still gets me rock hard.

Here's an audiobook version on YouTube:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gi1ual32Nic

this shit right here

Anything by Hans Fallada.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

Herr Lehmann.

anything by Raymond Chandler

This. Probably the most """fun""" book I've ever read. I've heard it described as a "rollicking-good tale," which I think captures the character well

Really? I found BIWHM pretty tedious and awful. And this is coming from someone who likes DFW, so not a hater. Weakest DFW I've read.

For me probably the most effortlessly enjoyable books are probably Murakami novels. They're just so engrossing and rainy day comfy core.

I also agree with M&D was very enjoyable, although of course not without its denser more tedious moments.

brief interviews is really hit or miss. there are some stories that are straight up garbage(forever overhead, datum centuro, tri stan) but there are also some really powerful ones like the depressed person and most of the brief interviews are great.

Hey boys

Did you know

That um

Not everybody's native language is English?

In no particular order:

Lolita
The Complete Prose of Samual Beckett
As I Lay Dying
Infinite Jest (unironically)
Anything by Raymond Carver
Gilead

>tri stan
>"garbage"
>whats' wrong with u

Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut
Mother Night by Vonnegut
A Confederacy of Dunces by JKT
The Crying of Lot 49 by Pynchon
Turlupin by Perutz
Perfume by Süskind
A Wild Sheep Chase by Murakami
Platform by Houellebecq
Whatever by Houellebecq
Zuckerman Unbound by Roth
Anything by Carver, Chandler, Saunders

Fight me, faggots.

The awkwardness of DFW's writing style can't be replicated in another language while saying the same things

Don Quixote, Moby Dick or Crime & Punishment. I read all three last year and loved them so much. They were a genuine joy to read.

I, unofrtunately, have not felt that way at all about any of the books I've read this year.

edgy

Well, is "Forever Overhead" awkward?

when people tell you Veeky Forums isn't the same as r/books look at these beta faggots with their shit taste and say "hmmm" to yourself.

>le pathological obsession with le reddit loser

I adore Vonnegut. No shame

Surely, you can see his point?